RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fraxy

Rep:
Level 88
Awesome shoot 'em up. You can even make your own bosses using the edit mode.

Game: http://mokeron.hp.infoseek.co.jp/zg/fraxy_20081118.zip
English Patch: http://mokeron.hp.infoseek.co.jp/zg/fraxy_eng_20080617.zip

Just throw the English patch files in the game folder and overwrite.

Screens:

Controls:
Arrow keys = Move
Mouse = Aim
Left mouse button = Fire
Right mouse button = Boost
Mouse scroll wheel = Change weapons

There are 3 .exe files when fully extracted.

fraxy.exe is the game.
edit.exe is the enemy creator.
config.exe is where you change the options. (Make sure to change the resolution or else it will start out really tiny.)

You should get it, make some bosses, and share them here.

EDIT: I forgot this: http://fraxy.pbwiki.com/The%20Bosses It's a good amount of bosses for download.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 01:47:51 AM by Revo »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
<3 This is amazing

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
<3 This is amazing

Yeah I saw some videos on youtube and I was like O_O (Cool!).

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
I saw a game much like this, but it learnt from what you did. So say if the ship was...A square. On the front, there was a pea-shooter and on the corners of the front, two spray-guns (why...why am I using unconventional weaponry?). So say if you were to attack round the back, it'd fortify the next boss' back some more. Or if you were hit by the spray-guns more than the pea-shooter, it'd probably replace it with the spray-gun. Impressed me.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
any tutorials for enemy making?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
GAH
the phoenix boss looks so epic

BUT THEY COULDN'T JUST SPELL IT RIGHT

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
any tutorials for enemy making?
Look around the Wiki for it. http://fraxycompendium.pbwiki.com/ There might be something there, I haven't checked though.

GAH
the phoenix boss looks so epic

BUT THEY COULDN'T JUST SPELL IT RIGHT
I never even noticed. :tpg:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This looks pretty sweet, gonna check it out.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
AVG thinks Fraxy/Config/Edit are viruses

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I dig this game because of its customization abilities for developers. The scripting is fairly powerful, and you can edit everything from the individual enemy part graphics to the HUD to the spawn points, even add voiceovers and custom music. I'm working on a mod myself!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
AVG thinks Fraxy/Config/Edit are viruses

AVG will think anything is if it modifies the way something runs, does the same to TexMod, I seriously thought it was a trojan for a while. =( Dunno about the game itself, weird.

DL'ing right now, the editing features seem wicked.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I remember this.

It was pretty awesome to make large bosses.