RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Laptop Stereo Microphone Help

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
I've just installed ventrillo on my laptop. It is has 2 microphones one either side of the middle of the screen. These aparently output HD Stereo. Friends on ventrillo complain of what can only be described as a dolphin clapping in the background(those silly types will probably call is something ruder).

Ill upload some sample audio so you can hear whats wrong and if needed ill screenie all my audio settings.

(i apologise for the format but meh this laptop is still transfering video games).

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah, I have those microphones too. I also get those sounds.

I got a headset, and it works a hell of a lot better. I'd suggest getting one.

Otherwise, that sound isn't terribly bad. I'd tell people to deal with it. >.>

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
CPU usage + most laptop audio chipsets = interference.
bringing sexy back

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
:(. why do they even put them in laptops then. anyway to reduce it?

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Because it's mostly pretty quiet and easy to ignore =o I amplified that MP3 I attached by about 30x.

Not sure how USB audio works :(. If it's basically like an analog mic but the signal is passed over USB and handled by your laptop's chipset then you'd still get the interference. If the USB mic is digital, powered by the bus and processes the audio itself and sends it digitally back to your PC then it would be fine =o
bringing sexy back