RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
*bang*

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I'm very pissed off right now, so I'm going to get a little bit barbaric and stereotypical in this topic. Don't take TOO much of the following seriously. Maybe just half of it. If I wanted it ALL to be taken seriously, I would have posted this in Elitist.

EH HEM:
Proposition 8 passed. Gay marriage is now banned in California.

California is the most highly populated state in America, and has the highest amount of electoral votes. The most powerful state in the country is also an intolerant one. I don't get it! California is supposed to be a blue state! How could a blue state have voted against prop 8? Red states are supposed to be the intolerant ones!

Fucking intolerant hicks. How dare they campaign pro-prop-8 as "saving" marriage? Saving from WHAT exactly? A little change? Fucking homophobes.

And since when do rednecks know how to use a computer? Proposition 8 supporters have a website for crying out loud! I'm surprised they can even tie their own shoes, let alone use HTML!

Oh well. It took a while for the women to get equal rights, it took a while for the blacks to get equal rights, it'll take a while for the gays to get equal rights.

But it will happen eventually. After all, the vote turnout was very close.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:04:16 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
And since when do rednecks know how to use a computer?
:mad:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Also most powerful state my ass, just because it has the most electoral votes doesn't make it the most powerful, hell Ohio has been the only state to have any recurring effect on who is president.

Rep:
Level 97
Texas is the only state to be a country before it was a state, therefore its the most powerful state.

Rep:
Level 97
Fuck yeah Texas

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Also most powerful state my ass, just because it has the most electoral votes doesn't make it the most powerful, hell Ohio has been the only state to have any recurring effect on who is president.
So if most electoral votes doesn't make it the most powerful state, what does? And how does Ohio have that kind of power? Explain in detail, pretty please.

Rep:
Level 97
So if most electoral votes doesn't make it the most powerful state, what does? And how does Ohio have that kind of power? Explain in detail, pretty please.
No republican has won an election without Ohio since Lincoln

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Elaborate. o.O
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:20:40 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 97

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Yeah but HOW? Are you talking about Ohio's electoral votes? Because if so, then the same could be said about any other red state. If we removed Ohio, those people wouldn't have won, but if we removed another red state with a similar amount of electoral votes, those people wouldn't have won.

Or are you saying that there ARE no other red states with a similar amount of electoral votes?

And how could Lincoln have been a republican? Republicans don't like blacks.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
It's a good idea to not listen to anyoneAnd by anyone I mean animefan. about politics if they haven't taken a class over government or political science.

Either way, what really made me slightly off kilter about this was the churches who wanted it to happen. Right then and there, the government should stop and say that just because a church doesn't support gay marriage doesn't mean everyone else has to because of them.

Either way this doesn't effect me, i'm not gay.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
It's a good idea to not listen to anyoneAnd by anyone I mean animefan. about politics if they haven't taken a class over government or political science.

Either way, what really made me slightly off kilter about this was the churches who wanted it to happen. Right then and there, the government should stop and say that just because a church doesn't support gay marriage doesn't mean everyone else has to because of them.

So if Hitler came back from the dead and started systematically killing off Jews again, you wouldn't protest it because you're not Jewish?

I'm not gay either, but I care. No innocent person should have more rights than any other.

And in case you didn't read, I said not to take all of this topic seriously. I know that California isn't some redneck state, and I know plenty of rednecks who can use computers, and who support gay marriage, and like blacks.

Buuuut... I needed to vent. I can't believe there was still THAT much intolerance left. I always saw California as a more mello, anything-goes kind of state. Silly me.

Now somebody answer my damn question about Ohio before I shit bricks.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
You know, I find it kinda funny that Animefan should be making this thread. Of all people, you'd think it'd be me or NAMKCOR or Kyriel who'd be posting a thread like this, but instead it's a person who most everyone thinks to be a completely perverted lesbian for anime girls.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I would rather listen to someone who is interested in talking about this seriously than someone who posts 5 meaningless things in a row, and then when asked to elaborate doesn't do so.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I would rather listen to someone who is interested in talking about this seriously than someone who posts 5 meaningless things in a row, and then when asked to elaborate doesn't do so.
Hey! I'm not dodging any questions!

Wait a minute, you were talking about Dr. Sword, weren't you?

Dang. I need to have a little more self-esteem.

Rep:
Level 97
Welcome to the sewers

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member

So if Hitler came back from the dead and started systematically killing off Jews again, you wouldn't protest it because you're not Jewish?

That's killing people, this isn't.

Faggot
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Isn't there a specific term for bringing up nazism in an argument to try to prove a point?  I'm pretty sure there is.  someone get on that.

Rep:
Level 97
Isn't there a specific term for bringing up nazism in an argument to try to prove a point?  I'm pretty sure there is.  someone get on that.
Judaism