RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

Rep:
Level 88
If you like the Persona series, there may be good news in the future!

http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine is a free MMORPG based on the Persona series. They seem to have kept the graphic style the same as Persona 3, and at least most of the Personas are in the game. I honestly can't say too much about it as its still in closed beta. I've signed up for closed beta, and with some luck, I might get in. From what I see, it should be pretty nice. But, you never know. They could have completely butchered the gameplay. :-\ I sure hope not.

From what I see, I think I can say that it has...

-A rather nice character creation
-It looks like it stays true to the series
-Unfortunately, a cash shop. But that's Aeria Games for ya :-\

Anyway, just informing you guys of a game that has the potential to be good. IF they stay true to the series.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are two different games using the same basis. There's a difference.

I've always loved the SMT games more. I'll be looking forward to this a whole bunch and probably try it out.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm the opposite. I've always liked Persona more. Too bad I hate mmos.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Still, it's rather interesting. Might try this out when I have the time.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

I always thought of Persona as a sillier and lighter version while SMT goes more in depth about decisions and morals and stuff like that (Mostly pointing to Nocturne here, lol) while being a bit darker. The Persona games had a system that I had a hard time getting into and enjoying while SMT is more generic.

lol I had no real reason to post this
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

I always thought of Persona as a sillier and lighter version while SMT goes more in depth about decisions and morals and stuff like that (Mostly pointing to Nocturne here, lol) while being a bit darker. The Persona games had a system that I had a hard time getting into and enjoying while SMT is more generic.

lol I had no real reason to post this
It's true though, that's why the Persona series had a much greater audience than SMT. 
But I do love SMT:Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Souless Army :3
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think the real reason that I like Persona better is just the nostalgia it gives me. I remember playing the first one when I was pretty young, and I'll never forget that opening sequence with the block building falling over and the butterfly quote. It was so odd and filled with subtext that I wanted to see what would happen next. The SMT series always seems too rigid and never has anything in the story to keep me wanting to play. I could be totally wrong though, I don't know. Maybe I just didn't get far enough into one to see the good plot points.

Rep:
Level 88
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona are two different games using the same basis. There's a difference.

Ah. I've never gotten to play the SMT games much, so I wasn't really sure. I knew they were sorta similar. :-\