RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sleep Thread

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I usually sleep from 12/1 to about 8/9 on the weekdays. Wednesday and Thursday I work until 12 and have to get up the next day at 9, but it's not so bad. I have a terrible time getting up for my classes, though. I try to get up with time to shower and eat, but I usually end up staying in bed until the last minute and then running out the door to class, making it just in time. Sometimes I can catch a nap between classes in the music school, on the nice comfy leather couches they have, if I really need some extra Z's. I usually just tough it out until all my shit is done for the day, though.

On the weekends, however, I sleep forever. Mostly because my girlfriend comes over and ends up sleeping in my room on the weekends (every weekend for the last 7 or so weekends). So we sleep from like 2 am to until, like, 2 pm because neither of us want to get out of bed. :3

So, sleeping on the weekends in my favorite.
I do the exact same thing with imaginary anime girls!
You lucky bastard. I wanna hold a real girl in my bed, dammit!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I'm about to get less than three hours of sleep. ;[

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I dont get to sleep much, Halo and Irock keep me up all night long.

Rep:
Level 87
I sleep about 6-7 hours on weekdays, but on weekends, since I have no definite time when I go to sleep/wake up, it varies.

Although I think I need more sleep, since I'm ending up falling asleep in class. :-[

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
last night I slept from 8pm to 7am.

But normally I get about 8 hours of sleep.

Rep:
Level 89
I have a bad sleeping pattern. I'm usually in bed at about 3-4 AM and woken up by 6:30am. Most weekdays anyway, on weekends i try and sleep early, but i still don't get more than 4 hours. I only get more if i have a headache in that case i go to bed early and just pass out lol.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Great solution are those sleeping pills, I used those for like 3 days and got a great night sleep.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I do the exact same thing with imaginary anime girls!

:a:

Anyway, necessary negative man,

I have a horrible time sleeping. I've been cursed with what I assume is genetic insomnia. Something coded in my DNA to disrupt my ability to sleep. I can't fall asleep before 2 hours have passed of the time I actually go to bed, if i'm lucky. I'm also thinking that insomnia cannot be genetically passed on but my father was the exact same way, and still is. I'm genetically like 99% my father, and so I end up with most of his physical traits. Either way I don't wake up when i'm sleeping or sleep badly like most other insomniacs, I just have a hard time going to sleep, even if I lay there with my eyes closed in total darkness.

For 2 hours.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'm genetically like 99% my father

yikes - your mother and father must be very closely related. Hot.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
hyperbole e3e;

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'm genetically like 99% my father

yikes - your mother and father must be very closely related. Hot.
Well he does live in Texas :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Anski, it probably has something to do with your diet. Your genes might have a bit to do with it, but sleep is effected more by nurture than by nature.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
It might also have to do with his energy. I'll bet if he stayed up until 4 AM, he'd go right soon as he tried to. Either that, or he should try to expend more energy during the day.

Rep:
Level 98
It might also have to do with his energy. I'll bet if he stayed up until 4 AM, he'd go right soon as he tried to. Either that, or he should try to expend more energy during the day.

Nope, i've already tried that too.

Anski, it probably has something to do with your diet. Your genes might have a bit to do with it, but sleep is effected more by nurture than by nature.

I don't eat alot of sugar or drink alot of stuff with caffeine or all that.

Edit: Animefan what the fuck are you doing on at 3 in the morning are you crazy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:25:58 AM by The Inquisition »

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.

Nope, i've already tried that too.

I don't eat alot of sugar or drink alot of stuff with caffeine or all that.

Edit: Animefan what the fuck are you doing on at 3 in the morning are you crazy
4 in the mo'nin now. It's the weekend. :D

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Due to recurring dreams for the last 2 months, my sleeping pattern has changed dramatically. I used to get 5-7 hours sleep (11PM to 7AM latest) but now it has dropped to 3-4 hours sleep with waking up in between.

The same with weekends.

EDIT: lol Anski.  :tpg:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:52:51 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 98

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
@Animefan - You seem to be doing what I do on weekends. I stayed up until 7am-8am, I usually only do this the weekends because I have no reprecussions with school.

@Tezuka - For the last 2months, 3-4hours of sleep? I don't think I could do that, would be a pain and chore just to get up and stay up and do everything neccessary.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 89
@Tezuka - For the last 2months, 3-4hours of sleep? I don't think I could do that, would be a pain and chore just to get up and stay up and do everything neccessary.

Energy Drinks/Caffine pills are your friend.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I sleep 6~7 hours a day, and for some reason since childhood I have always woken up at 7~8am. I prefer to wake up early and go to bed at a reasonable hour then stay up late. Plus my job kinda makes it hard to not wake up early...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Work out around dinner time, make a playlist on your ipod with songs you could sleep to. (Anski)

edit: Or drugs.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:30:25 AM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Lately sleep hasn't been doing me much good at all
I'm still getting a good 7 hours or so, it's just not restful.

I go to sleep tired, stressed, my body feels tense, and I wake up stressed and my body feels tense.
the only difference is I don't feel tired any more.

oh yeah, and my post nasal drip makes me puke for 20 minutes in the morning, 8 times out of 10.

*sighs*

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
that sucks.

At least I can sleep well.

So everybody else can take drugs.