RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
AVG Issue

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Alright, I'm trying to get some less than free software.
AVG goes and pops up "Virus Thread Detected".
I know it's not a virus, so I hit "ignore"

IT STILL DELETES THE GODDAMNED FILE AND WONT LET ME DO ANYTHING, EVEN THOUGH I TOLD IT TO FUCKING IGNORE IT.

I tried restoring the file from the virus vault as well, and it still shits at me about how the program can't run.  lovely.

oh yeah, and AVG won't turn off either, so that's not an option.
I tried exiting from the taskbar, and shutting down the services from the task manager.

neither turn the thing off.

tl;dr - how to make AVG not fuck with pirating?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I got past this issue by using the "manage exceptions" option in Resident Shield, which lets you add directories or certain files from being looked at by AVG in explorer.

Instead of explaining it, I'll just show you what I am talking about.

Hope this helps.  :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I got past this issue by using the "manage exceptions" option in Resident Shield, which lets you add directories or certain files from being looked at by AVG in explorer.

Instead of explaining it, I'll just show you what I am talking about.

Hope this helps.  :)

it's messing with downloads, i.e. as soon as something is downloaded it pops a virus threat and deletes it
adding my downloads folder will fix that?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Make the exception path your download folder, the problem will stop occuring.

Be warned though; nothing in that downloads folder will ever be checked by AVG. Just to let you know.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
didn't work :/

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
What do you mean by didn't work? Do you mean it deleted the file again, or the file doesn't work/isn't there?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it deleted it again.
I was easily able to add my downloads folder to the 'do not scan' but it still popped up a warning.

also I spied what it was
AVG Plugin for Microsoft Office or some shit.