RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Seasons [RMXP]

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season

Live you're style.

A small demo finally put together: DOWNLOAD!
Spoiler for Storyline:
So you've finally gathered up enough money to buy a nice plot of land.  It's not gonna be a walk in the park, ya know, but this here is the nicest town you'll ever live in. Settle down, buy some tools, and start growing your crops.
There's a big problem, though... ever since the last owner of this farm left, the townsfolk have gone with him! It's up to you, kid, you must get out town back to it's boomin' era once again. You got to walk in the great shoes of the successful farmer. Won't you help us?
-Sulley the Mayor
Spoiler for Screenshots:

Old ones (but not that different):

Planting some cabbages!

After a days work, the sun sets as a local seed shop bargains you, not a fellow to be trusted.

The crops need extra care when unexpected weather occurs!

Bad weather is a real let down, but it automatically waters your crops so enjoy the day off!
Spoiler for Features:
There are many features in the game of Seasons.  There are also many planned ones as well!  Here's just a short list of the current working features:
  • Complex crop system: grow, tend, and harvest an assorted list of crops that get affected by both your actions and mother nature's.
  • Dynamic DNS: experience the environment flow through time, a soft rain in the subtle light of dusk, or cloudy and gloomy as the clock hits noon. You don't know what to expect!
  • Upgradable buildings: expand your farm to great heights. Increase the size of your house, buy a barn and a chicken coop, upgrade existing establishments, even invest in the town shops.
  • Roaming NPC's: every townsfolk has a place to be at a certain time. You may find Penny at the bar after hours, or Manny taking a stroll on the beach at sunrise. Do your research!
Unfinished features:
  • Friendship System: Befriend the locals to earn unique items.
  • Start a family (halfway done): A select few of the town's girls will even grow a liking to you as you befriend them. Find one that you love and marry!
  • Bank/Loan System: Rent certain items that you can pay off daily or monthly.
And hopefully much more to be!
Spoiler for Credits:
The current credits are a compilation of what's been contributed so far.
So basically it's totally incomplete.
Everything's been custom made by me except for what's listed.
--ARTWORK--
Character template: The HKCP
Style concept: Twin Matrix / Stevo (Thanks to the guys at RMRK for the assistance.)
--SCRIPTS--
DynamicDNS: eHarper
Message System: dubealex
Weather: ccoa
--EXTRA--
My good friend Alex for beta testing this thing after every little update and giving me some critique.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 07:42:21 PM by deadnub »

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 87
This looks good. Alot like Harvest Moon.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Very nice tilesets, I love the style.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it looks very nice and reminds me of a mix between Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. The evergreen trees look awesome - very nice style for the graphics. Good luck with this project.

I would suggest, perhaps, that in order to differentiate this project from Harvest Moon, you think of new features that would be cool to implement. Anyway, good luck.

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Yes, Harvest Moon is of course the inspiration, but I didn't want it to be another HM remake like who knows how many projects.
I wanted to be slightly different, which is why I need some of you to think of cool features you would want in this kind of game. :]
Thank you for all the optimistic comments, as well.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It looks really nice. I look forward to a demo. And I'm not one to become interested in RPG Maker projects. =o

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Bumping this project up, I think it's worthy to be moved out of New Projects? ;8

Also made a quick demo for you guys to try out the current stuff. I've been a busy bee. Check it out!  :epic:

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I agree. A move seems prudent. I will check out the demo soon.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ohhh... cool! I always loved the HM games and this will be fun to play when I find the time. :3

EDIT: Screw that, I'm not playing. I'll wait for the full version for the full amount of fun. :3 I eagerly await updates~
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 02:30:25 AM by mastermoo420 »

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I <3 HM games! This is one of the most unique games made in RMXP, in my opinion. :D
I'm waiting for updates. ^_^

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
This is a long shot but does anyone still have the demo from this, or happen to know how to recover a file from savefile? Already tried wayback machine. :( I believe they went down a long time ago, and this project died in a reformatting fire.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.