RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Should I?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I checked with HP. If I reinstall XP to my Vista laptop, it won't void my warranty.

XP is just so much better. The only advantages with Vista are DirectX 10 and Halo 2. But with XP, I can fix all those little issues that arise here and there.

Should I do it? They told me they wouldn't recommend it because of this or that driver issue. What kinds of precautions should I take before this operation?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yes. Also get something besides HP.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Get something that isn't premade lol e3e;
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Not everybody is a fat rich white man. This may come as a surprise to somebody who grew up without any suffering, and has no idea what the word "debt" means, but not everybody can afford a new laptop! Did you two BUY your positions of power on this site!? Or did you send Roph a baggie of weed and then ask him to appoint you!?

There's this thing called "money", and not everybody has an infinite supply of it. But since I'm the only one on this forum who's ever experienced suffering or this thing called "debt", I'm sure that even if I spell it out for you, nobody here will understand that I can NOT AFFORD another laptop.

Besides, this current one was FREE. It runs games FAST. It works fine. The only problem with it is that it has VISTA. VISTA was NOT made by HP, therefore, SHUT THE FUCK UP about HP and tell me about any special processes I need to do (if anything) and anything I should be warned about before I install XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:56:53 PM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Making your own computer is less expensive. lol

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Not everybody is a fat rich white man. This may come as a surprise to somebody who grew up without any suffering, and has no idea what the word "debt" means, but not everybody can afford a new laptop! Did you two BUY your positions of power on this site!? Or did you send Roph a baggie of weed and then ask him to appoint you!?

There's this thing called "money", and not everybody has an infinite supply of it. But since I'm the only one on this forum who's ever experienced suffering or this thing called "debt", I'm sure that even if I spell it out for you, nobody here will understand that I can NOT AFFORD another laptop.

Besides, this current one was FREE. It runs games FAST. It works fine. The only problem with it is that it has VISTA. VISTA was NOT made by HP, therefore, SHUT THE FUCK UP about HP and tell me about any special processes I need to do (if anything) and anything I should be warned about before I install XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rep:
Level 98
Also locked because animefan can't make or even post in a thread without making it retarded

Edit: A more reasonable reason; to stop incoming shitstorms you just love to start. if you are going to kick and scream for someone to tell you, do it somewhere else, daddy-o.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:43:52 AM by Anski »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I checked with HP. If I reinstall XP to my Vista laptop, it won't void my warranty.

XP is just so much better. The only advantages with Vista are DirectX 10 and Halo 2. But with XP, I can fix all those little issues that arise here and there.

Should I do it? They told me they wouldn't recommend it because of this or that driver issue. What kinds of precautions should I take before this operation?

you can reghack 'vista only' games and run them on XP

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Unlocked, as there is absolutely no reason why this thread should be locked. Don't be an asshole Anski. And animefan, you don't know anything about the financial lives of the members here, so don't make assumptions.

And Irock, he said he got the laptop free, therefore it is less expensive than building a computer.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:47:21 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 98
Unlocked, as there is absolutely no reason why this thread should be locked. Don't be an asshole Anski. And animefan, you don't know anything about the financial lives of the members here, so don't make assumptions.

haha oh wow

as much as I love just being an asshole 24/7 I'd rather not have animefan just kicking and screaming like a child about this, and I locked it to stop the incoming animefan rage that would just be dealt with to the point that he looked incredibly stupid and stopped posting ala every other topic where he made some 3 paragraph topic about how nobody but him should be a moderator because they make bad posts and attacks them because they ARE a moderator instead of actually refuting them.

ALL YOU NEED ARE DRIVERS, JUST INSTALL IT AND STOP CRYING.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
So lock every topic that animefan posts in? We don't moderate strictly and never have, so why should we only strictly moderate a single member?

Drama whore is in his genes. Moderate him when he breaks rules. Not every time he posts.

Rep:
Level 98
So lock every topic that animefan posts in? We don't moderate strictly and never have, so why should we only strictly moderate a single member?

Drama whore is in his genes. Moderate him when he breaks rules. Not every time he posts.

I wasn't being 100% literal, have some common sense and realize I don't mean go around and personally lock every topic he has posted in, I mean we have been keeping our eye on animufan for good reasons. This is one of them. I was saying, that post up there, that is totally off topic and personally attacking two members based on the both of them being moderators and it's outside of the sewers.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

Just install XP, anything messes up, there's plenty of patches and drivers for XP :/ 

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
blah blah blah blah various unneeded insults

ALL YOU NEED ARE DRIVERS, JUST INSTALL IT AND STOP BEING SO AWESOME.
So where do I get those drivers? Anybody suggest some good sites?  ;8

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Just a guess....Microsoft's site?

Google works too apparently :/

http://www.xp-drivers.com/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:28:11 AM by Link »

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Oh no I mean...

I already have Windows XP software and Applications and Restore disk. That should have all the drivers I need.

I just need drivers for these particular system specs. Where can I get ATI drivers and software?

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
http://www.xp-drivers.com/

just look around the site.

Or google your ATI model or ATI's main site.

Rep:
Level 97
Lol, the "insult" didn't even make sense. I'm not defending his positions, tantrums, or other idiotic behaviour. I'm just saying to moderate what needs to be moderated and leave everything else alone. It was not necessary to lock this topic at that juncture - maybe you are right and this topic will need to be locked in the future. The same can be said for every topic animefan posts in, and so by that logic you could easily justify locking every topic animefan posts in. We don't work in the prevention business - if we did we'd have a Warning system or whatever.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Animefan can't pee.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I guess I should have waited a little longer before reporting Anski to Roph for "power abuse". =_=

Whoops, my bad. Hey Roph! If you read this, the topic got unlocked, problem solved!
Animefan can't pee.
Lawl. I really can't.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
there -is- a driver finder program somewhere...

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Portable DriverMax v4.4 | 20MB

DriverMax is a powerful free utility which helps you download, backup and restore the drivers installed on your Windows Vista or Windows XP computer and check if newer versions are available. Download all drivers from one place in just a few steps. Or back them up so you will have all of them in a single place and will be able to reinstall them in a few minutes. This tool can save you a lot of time when reinstalling Windows, especially on older computers for which the original CDs containing the drivers have been lost. You no longer have to track down old driver installation CDs, insert one installation CD after another or spend hours searching for drivers on the Internet. DriverMax is also able to display a detailed report about all drivers (versions, release dates) installed on your system. Identify unknown devices in your computer and get Windows Vista rating information before you purchase new hardware.

down
Code: [Select]
http://rapidshare.com/files/133384695/drivermax4.4.rar

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Get off your high horse before I shoot it. You're a teenager who lives with an adult. YOU have never experienced debt.

@Ansky: Chill out guy
:tinysmile:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you can get laptops for 20$ a month you know....
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
ITT: ...

no, forget it, I'm not even getting involved in this bullshit

:tinysmile::tinysmile: