RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Vista

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Long story short, my laptop was replaced with a new Vista one, for free. It plays Oblivion very nicely with high detail, it's wonderful, yadda yadda yadda.

But the rumors were true. You have to give permission for EVERYTHING.

And because of that, if I want to install an Oblivion mod, I have to move the files bit by bit. It's going to take me forever because 7-Zip doesn't work well on a Vista, and it doesn't work well on a Vista because it can't automatically obtain permission to move folders.

So how do I get this Vista computer to quit asking me permission to move folders and stuff like that? There's gotta be a way to turn this security function off!

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Get Win-rar

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Win rar harasses me with "you gotta register" after a few days.

And I tried the cracked one on this website, but that one still harassed me after a few MORE days.

Besides, 7-Zip used to work on an XP, doesn't work very well on the Vista. Why would Win rar be any different? It's probably the security settings.

I just need a method to undo them.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
No, srsly get Win-rar i use it i don't get problems and im using Vista 32-bit basic :/

Here http://rapidshare.com/files/130673073/WinRar_3.71_Corporate.zip

No serial or crap needed.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Address not found, Page load error.

EDIT: nvm, I copy-pasted it.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I downloaded it, installed it, and tried extracting a mod with it.

Told me it couldn't create folders because "access is denied".

Look, there's got to be a way to just take down the security. Everything on a computer has a toggle option, the "allow folder to be copied or deny it?" feature has to have an off switch. Surely somebody on this site knows where that switch is!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Just mess around in the control panel, if vista still has that, until you find what you're looking for.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Just mess around in the control panel, if vista still has that, until you find what you're looking for.
I think I might have found it...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Oh yeah, that's what I found. I had to restart my computer for the settings to take effect, but now I can copy Oblivion mods easily.

w00t

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i had to argue with a friend for about 30 mins nagging him to turn of UAC. as soon as he did and rebooted. Windows vista said his computer was at risk because UAC was off and he should turn it back on. >.<