RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Proxy

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Animefan if you applied to my job, I wouldn't hire you.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
No, you don't understand.

The employers won't hire us because we can't pee in a cup for a drug test. Some employers refuse to acknowledge that paruresis exists.

'How much work can this guy do, compared to this guy'
That's still wrong. It's not our fault we can't pee! We shouldn't have to suffer for a condition we didn't CHOOSE to have! Most of us can pee just fine if we're given enough space and privacy to do it. But when asked for a drug test, we're often ordered to pee in front of the employer, or nearby. That just won't do.

And the Americans with Disabilities Act prevents people from discriminating against those with medical conditions. Refusing us a job just because we can't pee is illegal. Whether it's because you don't believe us, or because we can't do as much work. It's not fair that we can't earn money just because we have a condition that we didn't CHOOSE to have. The fact that you actually think that's OK makes me want to throw up.

We can do just as much work as a person without paruresis. We just need more privacy/time to pee. If we can't get hired because of it, that's not fair to us. How are WE supposed to get money?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 11:56:56 PM by Animefan »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
You do know that, given certain circumstances, you can explain, and request and blood test instead.

And also, didn't you say you thought the reason you couldn't was due to your 'fetish'.

Your right people cant choose, but, you refuse to try and help your problem, by giving it up, so why should anyone else give a damn :/

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Listen here you intolerant jackass! Paruresis isn't something you can just clap your hands together and get rid of like that! Some people can't get rid of it at ALL! Cures and helping methods don't work for everybody.

And not all employers will allow a blood test method. Some will require a pee test and only a pee test.

Yes, I THOUGHT the reason I couldn't was due to my fetish. That's before I learned about paruresis. It IS plausible to believe that my paruresis could have been caused by my fetish, but paruresis is a social anxiety disorder. It's a lot different than a pee fetish. The chances of them being related are quite slim. However, I am doing research to try to see if there could be a connection.

Additional info: Actually, my particular paruresis seems to have calmed down a bit somehow. Recently I've been able to pee in public with little problem. However, that might just be because the stress of school is gone for now. It could pick up again at any time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:26:55 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol, The different is it isnt hard ;8

I had this, but, after ALOT of shit, i sorted it out in my own mind, so i dont see the problem with you :/

If an employer dosnt use blood test, then explain the law to him, which is what alot of people do, if they dont, sue them :/

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
lol, The different is it isnt hard ;8
What?

I don't know what that quoted line means, but I do plan to take legal action if denied a job because of my condition.

As of right now, I'm looking into this idea that my fetish could have caused it. I don't think it's likely, but it's still possible.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Ok, and i meant it wasn't hard to pee again.

Can i ask, are you just gonna go off on one everything you get denied and just blame this?

'cus they dont tell you why you didn't get chosen.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Of course not. I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that it's because of my paruresis, however, if there isn't another logical reason or if they reacted unusually to the drug test issue, then that's when I'll come to that conclusion.

However, I don't want to get it wrong. I don't want to sue an employer who simply didn't need me because there were no open positions, and I don't want to end up sparing an employer who really did reject me because I can't pee in a cup. And that's one thing I'm going to ask how to determine at the forum site I'm signing on to. It's a support site for people with paruresis. Surely some of them will know how to tell if an employer rejected me because of this problem.

Ok, and i meant it wasn't hard to pee again.
It may not have been for you, but it is for some people. Paruresis isn't the same for everybody. It varies widely. Not everybody is going to have your luck. Lots of us are cursed with a much more severe case.

Come to think of it, mine might actually be tied to school. It first became a problem in the boy's locker room. I was trying to take a piss (those BASTARDS won't put a freakin' door on the stalls!) and somebody walked by and said "you're still taking a piss?" Paruresis only seems to ever be a problem during school time, so perhaps it's related to that.

But there are still lots of things I don't know about this condition. That's why I'm signing on to a support site.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 01:06:14 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
You can't pee around other people sometimes because you're nervous, and your pee muscles aren't relaxing. You're probably socially shy, thus making you urinaraly shy. Become more social, and your pee problems will be resolved.

When you're nervous your muscles don't relax etc.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Anski... who the hell said I'd use 9mm pistols? You really DON'T know anything about guns. /facepalm

Anski you're a mod now. You're not allowed to make fun of other people's ideals.
First one - It just means Ansk doesn't know anything about you

Second - Ansk is a mod. That means he's allowed to make fun of other people's ideals and get away with it easier now. :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Animefan, I am always down for rising up and getting troops together to take down a foul establishment. I even think that you could possibly have a legitimate argument on your hands here. The problem, other than it being on your hands, is that you're trying to find a way to fight something by hiding yourself. In my opinion, you should get out there and raise your voice while you still can. Hiding behind a proxy is just going to make more people do what we've been doing here since you arrived: make fun of you. Stop being such a drama queen, and if you want to do something, just fucking do it. Nobody cares about dumb anonymous dickhead on the internet making a big deal out of every little thing that happens to him, other than to laugh about it. Do something serious. For Christ's sake, everyone has problems. If bitching about them online was a cure, (for something other than a lack of attention,) then life would be easy.

It's not.

I'm really sorry that you found out that you have some crippling disease that makes you not be able to pee while someone's standing near you, but could you please, PLEASE tell me - honestly, now - that you couldn't just explain your situation to your potential employer?

My conclusion:

Judging by your past posts and threads, I would say this has more to do with you wanting to see people's reaction online than truthfully solving this "problem" that you claim to have.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
//that you couldn't just explain your situation to your potential employer?//

In many cases, it'll likely work. However, lots of employers are jackasses. Some refuse to believe in paruresis, and some might refuse to believe me. You seem to be forgetting, Holk, that some people are, for lack of a better word, BAD.

And I don't "claim" anything. I DO have this problem. That is a FACT.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 01:59:44 AM by Animefan »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
lol the ADA. I can tell you, as a disabled person, that isn't the answer to your problem.

But then neither is hiding behind a proxy to get people who can't pee to fight with you. ::) I don't know why, but I am constantly amazed at how you are mentally challenged.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Halo, I didn't know you were disabled.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
mmmn, I didn't know he was disabled either.

Maybe he's talking in his "House" persona. Or his donut persona.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

Legally blind, which means nothing other than I have really bad eyesight and I can never drive.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Legally blind, which means nothing other than I have really bad eyesight and I can never drive.
Wear prescription sunglasses and sit in the women's locker room at your nearest country club

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Split into Elitist Debate?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
No, Animefan and Elitist Debate are a horrible combination. I'm locking the topic since he has fulfilled his proxy needs.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back