RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The MAIAverse

Rep:
Level 90
People have gotten on my case over the years about never introducing myself. I was bored, so I thought that I would create the MAIAverse.

Creator of the following games:
 - April's Avengers
 - Maia 2K3
 - Sealed Stronghold (puzzle game)
 - Maia 2K7
 - Christmas Caper (2/3rds done)
 - Willa & Rott (an unnatural tale of a girl and her dog)
 - Shinzon (an evil game)
 - Garlore and the Unheroes
 - Maia 2K8 (not released yet)
 - World Crafters (ongoing community project?)

THE MAIAverse

All of my games are tied or linked together in subtle ways. There are hints and chracters that know the MAIAverse is interlinked through four major worlds.

Maia 2K3 takes place on the same world as April's Avengers. In fact eventually Maia comes face to face with April. A task that takes you the entire game to complete in April's Avengers.

Maia 2K7 takes place on a new world. A paralell world in the MAIAverse.

Maia 2K8 features different planes of the MAIAverse. A heaven inhabited by the Oxydales; a vaporous race. Then came the first planet created from a rogue asteroid that was named Hemonia. A deadly and dangerous place that mutated everything on it's surface. After their mistake, the Oxydales had made a powerful enemy that enlightened them to make a second larger world more hospitable. That is the living world.

Quite a few of my games allow for major player customization and freedom to do most everything. Such as Maia 2K3, 2K7, 2K8 and World Crafters.

April's Avengers
RPG Maker 2K3
Traditional RPG

This game was my first and focused around the disappearance of April. She is never actually found, but the fun is following her trail and unraveling who she is.

April is a special girl, capable of granting any wish with the power of her thoughts. She is wanted by everyone. Her kingdom wants her to defeat their foes, others want riches, love, power and to her parents, they simply want her back.

There is lots of fun gameplay, but far into making the game, it would actually take 30 minutes to load. So the game was abandon. I could not figure out what caused the slow load.

Maia 2K3
RPG Maker 2K3
Traditional RPG

Starting from scratch, but still on the same world as April is Maia. My namesake. The world was completely recreated, but as Maia you started off at a different point of the world.

The story starts with the main characters in prisoned for various reasons. Maia is in prison for killing the governor, when she does not remember anything. Geo was thrown in prison, but cannot recall why, or at least so he says. Finally, Morgan is a psycic fraud that is thrown in prison for not foreseeing the governor's demise.

As it unfolds, the world is in turmoil. Plenty of twists, turns and political views of a world at war. Eventually the player even gets to go into the war zone to reveal the fiendish four legged centaurian army that is annihilating everything.

The player's party runs into April on the world and unravels Maia's past to uncover a conspiracy that will have an evil widow conquering a world.

Sealed Stronghold
RPG Maker XP
Puzzle Game

This was a quick puzzle game that featured boulders being pushed onto tiles to trigger exits. Not only did you have to contend with that, but sometimes you had to remote control robotic characters and guide them to the exit too.

Maia 2K7
RPG Maker XP
Free Form RPG

Christmas Caper
RPG Maker XP
Scripted RPG (almost like a play)

While this is not currently completed, there is a 30 page screenplay to it. A wonderful, fun, happy cast of cute characters. Its wholesome, whimsicle and full of charm.

The story starts with Santa being kidnapped by an evil queen that wants him to only make toys for her own son. When Santa is kidnapped, so is a little girl, because she's a witness.

The two end up having a lot of friends to save them. Both humans and elves that combine in two parties to save the kidnapped.

Willa & Rott: An Unnatural Tale of a Girl and Her Dog
RPG Maker XP

Willa & Rott is the unnatural tale of a girl and her dog. Years ago, an orphan Willa drowns in a nearby lake. The only one to hear her cries of help was her faithful dog Rott. Neither one of them survived, but they will walk the Earth again with a purpose. Since their deaths, they have watched over another orphan like Willa. He is a boy named Toby, and Willa is always there with him.

It is only when Toby is put in mortal danger from the evil Macovius that she can return from the dead for a single night. Willa will have to fight her way through creatures of the night, priests, dream sprites and a zombie hunter named Christian in order to get into the large complex keep of Macovius. Once inside the keep, Will and Rott will need to solve unique puzzles and meet magical allies to help them along the way, before Macovius sacrifices Toby.

The Evil Mr. Shinzon
RPG Maker XP

Garlore and the Unheroes
RPG Maker XP

This is the tale of a gargoyle hated by a town since his birth and on that stormy day the nurse tried to kill him and burry him alive. Ten years later, the heroes came back for revenge lead by the daughter of the nurse. Captured and sentenced to death, Garlore escaped with the help of his mother, kidnapped the princess all while being aided by her smack talking doll that is fed up with the princess.

Garlore, the talking doll, a walking mushroom and a living skeleton seek a place where they will be safe from the heroes that try to kill them. That place is through a gateway to the Netherealm, and the only trick is a virgin sacrifice of the young princess to open the gate. The king and his army of heroes will not let that happen.

Maia 2K8
RPG Maker XP
Free form RPG

An extremely long, well thought out game with endless gameplay a detailed and immersive story that even makes for a great novel.

World Crafters
RPG Maker VX
Free form RPG

Other MAIAn works

I am an often published novelist in Russia and the Ukraine. As far as I can count, four of my novels have been officially published and released to the public. Two more novels are almost done and near complete.

My style of writing fits in with supernatural and love. So it is as if Steven King wrote romance novels.

As for appearing in English; while I can speak English quite well, I have no concept of American grammar so my books end up stuck in the editing phase.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:21:58 PM by maia »
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's pretty cool maia. I like the sound of April's Avengers - it's too bad it was never finished. :(

Rep:
Level 90
That's pretty cool maia. I like the sound of April's Avengers - it's too bad it was never finished. :(

It is also a very dirty game.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

Your first project is
a very dirty game.
!?

;-;
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-

LOLWUT?

But yeah, I like the idea of the Christmas Caper :D

Rep:
Level 90

LOLWUT?

But yeah, I like the idea of the Christmas Caper :D

I posted the screenplay of Christmas Caper in the lit forum... no one commented on it.

Rep:
Level 90
Updated Garlore & the Unheroes and Willa & Rott.

Speaking of both of them, someone wrote me on a fan fiction forums about both screenplays. Each screenplay is only 30 or so pages long. This person came up with art for both. Then I told him the games exist. He wants me to use his art to make a RPG.

I've been thinking about making Willa & Rott 2.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:24:49 PM by maia »