RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Shadows (COMPLETE) (Unencrypted)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

“Darkness…
An empty void of nothingness…
You see nothing.
You hear nothing.
You feel nothing.
You don’t know who you are…
You don’t know where you are…
You only know that you are...
And that is where your story begins.”

You wake up in a dark room with a throbbing pain in your head and no memory of your past. You have no idea who you are, where you are, how you got there, or even what year it is. The only clue in your possession is an ornate matchbox with the initials “A.C.” written on it. You strike a match and the room becomes bright, with the shadows and dim light gleefully dancing together on the walls.

You have but one objective on your mind now: to find an escape from this place.

This is the normal version of the game.
Download Link

I've uploaded an unencrypted version of the game for people looking for ideas for their own projects or wanting help on getting started. I only ask that you don't try to directly copy my game or just "borrow" the resources out.
Unencrypted Version

Spoiler for Credits:
Game Created By

Zylos (duh)

Resources

Backwater Productions (Sprites)
Dertt (Sprites)
Dubealex (AMS Script)
Enterbrain (RPG Maker)
Etorie (Sprites)
Ninesages.org (Misc. Graphics)
PartnersInRhyme.com (SFX)
Redwyn (Sprites)
Resident Evil (SFX)
SoundSnap.com (SFX)
Zanyzora (Tileset)

Music

TheAmateurAnimator - "Down the Darkest Road", "Midnight Mystery"
Beethoven (lol) - "Für Elise"
BlizzardTears - "Lost in The Tunnels"
Darknez101 - "Ghosts of the Past"
HaloOfTheSun - "Manison ~ 2nd Floor"
MaestroSegments - "A Nasty Fear"
Monster13 - "Creepy Doll House"
SirFiNiX - "The Haunted Music Box"

Special Thanks To

Arrow, Redwyn, and NAMKCOR (Testers)
Goku-San (Special artwork)

Though every effort is taken to make sure that proper credit is given for all resources, it is sometimes impossible to accurately identify the creator of certain resources. For this reason, I ask that if you know someone that I have neglected to properly credit, please send me a message and I shall amend the situation quickly.

This is a short, finished puzzle game with about 30 to 45 minutes of gameplay, depending on your simple puzzle solving capablities. There are no battles or party members to pick-up. There's just a simple "interact with your enviorment" gameplay. If you ever get stuck, feel free to PM me, and I'll drop you a hint. ^__^

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:26:02 AM by Dr_Zylos »

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
Awesome :D

Zylos, MSN me if your on.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Oh, I almost forgot to mention. There's two endings: a good one and a bad one. However, in order to get the good ending, you'll need information found only in secret areas. I've left a map in the game that will show you where the secret passages are that will lead to the three secret areas in the game. Two of these secret areas will contain the information you need. Good luck!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This looks neat. I'd move it to the root forum if it wasn't already there.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Downloading now, this looks kick-ass!
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
This looks neat. I'd move it to the root forum if it wasn't already there.

Lol, yeah, I don't often get the opportunity to move a topic, so I jumped at the chance to put it in it's proper board.

Downloading now, this looks kick-ass!

Why, thank you!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Playing it.
Loving it.

EDIT:Can't find the secret area map! ;-;
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 01:39:18 PM by Lynx »
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'll give you a hint. It's somewhere in the library. It's visible, but not obvious.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
I found the secret area! Guys, look behind the giant cow in there, it so obvious!

this is a joke, plzthx : D

Rep:
Level 87
Downloading now, should be an interesting experience.

Rep:
Level 86
Is the good ending when you know the womans name... and input it correctly.?

If so, then ya, I got the good ending.
Didn't find any use for the cheese though.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Lol, the cheese is a joke item that I added on a whim. BTW, there's another joke item in that same room, but it's much harder to find.

Rep:
Level 86
Zylos;

You may get your wish with your joke item, *****Prize. (Not to ruined what it is.)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'll give this a download, I liked the beta

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
I hope I got her name right... Hmm
I love the game mate!
+rep

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
*downloads

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
This game is going to be featured on the first episode of The RMRK Show!

Huh, sorry The What?

Rep:
Level 87
What is the "RMRK SHOW"?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
My game is being reviewed for a show? Woohoo!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I think I've ran into a problem...

Spoiler for:
I found the backwards sheet music in a book but he won't play it on the piano. ;o;

Rep:
Level 87
That's not a problem, it's a puzzle.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"

Spoiler for:
I found the backwards sheet music in a book but he won't play it on the piano. ;o;

Spoiler for:
The name is a give away.

Great game, Zylos.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?

Spoiler for:

You can't play the piano BECAUSE the sheet music is backwards. But the solution is easy. Just keep going and you're bound to figure out what to do.

Great game, Zylos.

Thank you!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Haha you won $50 almost by default. Nice! That is easy cash.