RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with Byond

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Laughing Man
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot, but I need help with Byond dream maker.
I have my sprites all created, I have movement down, turf, etc.
The only thing I have a problem with is...
~What to put in the Command List
~How to enable character creation (so there is more than just the red biker avatar)
~How to make a main menu (new game, continue, etc.)
~How to make people get on/off their bikes
~How to work cash in the game (which you earn by winning races)
~How to make the items and bikes they purchase stay with them, and improve
~How to get the basic sprite to walk around. When I set the animation I did for it, I tested it, and it ran in place. I can't get it to stand still until I move it.

If someone could help me out, it would be very appreciated.

Rep:
Level 87
Basically you need a coder, I dunno anybody on here that codes for BYOND.

But for your icon problem, does your icon states in your icons have a M besides them? If not, they will walk in place. In order to get the M besides them, click under the icon where the name should be, and check mark Movement state. That should fix that problem.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Laughing Man
Yeah I figured that out.
And I'll feel pretty...I'm not sure...useless, but yet kinda awkward if I'm the only Byond coder on here. =P
Since I'm just starting, it's really easy for me to understand and gives me a good idea and a good headstart.
I just need a battle system, and my game is underway.

Rep:
Level 87
I have (limited) knowledge of Byond coding, but not much in the way of full-blown games with it. It's structured like C, but a lot easier. It's a great application, too.

This was a horable software.