RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
iPod Touch (a lot of images in post)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Ever since the iPod Touch and iPhone 2.0 updates were released, I've been in love with my iPod Touch. There are so many great apps on it, and I've started using it more frequently. I then started thinking, is the iPod Touch really a media player anymore? It obviously isn't just a media player. It's more like a really small computer. In my opinion, it's one of the best mobile devices on the market, and I think we're going to start seeing more devices like this, and personal computers will start to become more compact, and we'll start relying on these things more, and other stuff.

Anyway, I just felt like taking screenshots of every app on my iPod. >_>

Web Browser

Browse the web.

Calendar

Calendate things.

Contacts

Write down contact information of people.

Twitterific

Update birds on what you're doing.

Youtube app

Watch videos on Youtube.

AIM

Converse with people with an incorrect timestamp.

Clock

Check the time, set an alarm, use a stopwatch, and set a timer for all your time needs.

Calculator

Calculate things.

Weather

Check the forcast.

Weatherbug

Get even more weather information.

Maps

Search for things, find them, get directions to them, and much more.

Remote

Control what music your computer plays via Wi-Fi.

Music

Listen to music on your iPod.

Videos

watch videos on your iPod.

Pictures

View pictures on your iPod.

Email

Read your mail that's e.

Super Monkey Ball

Roll around in a ball as a monkey.

Tap Tap Revenge

Tap the screen when colored balls come up, or move the iPod when an arrow comes up.

Aqua Forest

Do things with elements and tilt the iPod to make them move around and stuff.

iPint

Drink fake beer by tilting the iPod.

Stocks

Look at roller coaster blueprints.

Currency

Convert money to other types of money.

Notes

Write down things that you can't remember.

App Store

Make your iPod do more things.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:42:10 AM by Dr_Doctor »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Enjoy your overpriced and poorly manufactured MP3 player.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
Is it just me or does the iPod Touch vaguely remind me of a post PET from the Megaman Battle Network universe but without the Navis?

EDIT: Oh, and it doesn't own as much =D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:55:27 AM by Redwyn »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I fail to see how it's poorly manufactured. Care to explain?

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

I agree it is over priced, but poorly manufactured it inst, the touch screen works and responds accurately, and everything else works for it.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
great, thanks for letting us all know
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Isn't the iPod touch just an iPhone that doesn't make calls?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

yes, and you need wifi for internet access.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician

yes, and you need wifi for internet access.
So ... I guess that means the only reason to get an iPod touch is because your cell phone service provider doesn't carry the iPhone, right?

Hm. =\

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
eh :/

well its more advanced than the ipod classic (apps, calendar and all that good stuff) so if you really need less room and soemthing to keep yourself organized or play games/movies in full screen I guess.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
google maps is about the only thing im likely to use i do have a question though. Can i save routes to the phone or do i need to find a wifi hotspot each time i wanna check where im going?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
google maps is about the only thing im likely to use i do have a question though. Can i save routes to the phone or do i need to find a wifi hotspot each time i wanna check where im going?

lol I believe you can save routes, however on the touch its not turn by turn for any means.

Rep:
Level 102
You can still get turn by turn directions to your destination. You could be at a wi-fi hotspot, find the place you want to go, and look at the directions while not being connected to the internet. You just just couldn't download the directions without wi-fi.