RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Composite Character Sets / Visual Equipment

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
umm yeah, send me a demo and I'll take a look when I have time. It might be a while from now though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15385392/Gio%20Adventures%20Origins.exe

Every time I try to change something in the code, something else goes wrong. Now the hairstyles are stacking on top of each other even though I put a script call to remove the previous style, in addition to the previous problem.

EDIT:

To cycle between styles, use left or right. To switch between hair and clothing, press up or down. All articles start on the left so you should start cycling right.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:46:16 AM by RPGManiac »

RMRK Junior
EDIT:

I fixed it. It's weird and I don't understand why, but it works perfectly now. Apparently I have to run both common events that handle the clothing and hair one right after another so that the game checks both.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:46:29 PM by RPGManiac »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Weird. Well, I'm glad you managed to fix it.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
THANK YOU!!!! I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING RPGMAKERVX.NET FOR THIS SCRIPT BECAUSE I SAW IT THERE AND I'M AM GLAD YOU HAVE IT HERE BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE POSTED A LINK!!!! :tpg:

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hope this isn't considered a necro post:

don't supose that Yanfly's extended moviement could be made compatible with this?

Rep:
Level 97
Link me to the script and we'll see.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
I'm making a dungeon game, and i'm trying to use your script.
but I cant figue out how to configure the 'add_graphic_to_actor' script
the problem is, i dont get how the numbers after that are configured.

This is the part i dont understand
 'index         : the index of the graphic in the actor's composite_character'
              what does it mean?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:24:59 PM by Watfordj »

I make games
 :tpg: Wow lots of info!
Ok, my question was asked by some one else, but not responded to...
My question: How do I remove a hair style from the hero when I equip a helm?

More to the point, I need to remove it from the (note) field on the helm, until the helm is unequipped. I have studied this code and this form for months, and all my attempts led me to think the script doesn't support the (note) field to remove graphics. I don't want to clear all of it, just the hair until the helm is removed. Any ideas would be of great help?  :-\

#  You can now remove and add graphics to the actor using the following codes
#  in a script call:
#
#   remove_graphic_from_actor (actor_id, index)
#   remove_graphic_from_actor (actor_id, graphic_name, graphic_index, graphic_hue)
#   add_graphic_to_actor (actor_id, graphic_name, graphic_index, graphic_hue, index)

I also think its odd that the last remove code is an add code, is this a typo?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:24:24 PM by SADRavin »
Want to try my game? Zelda like non-encrypted.
Download it here:
https://sdemoor.wordpress.com/category/how-to/

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
This is a brilliant script, and will save me a lot of time on resource creation, so let me first thank you for it.

Second, and I don't hold out too much hope for this, but is there any way to make it compatible with GubiD's tactical battle system (GTBS)?

It's available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?alyjzm4qgyg

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
i really hope this isnt a necropsted but... is this thing gonna work on GTBS? i was hoping to minimize my work by using this and some of my tweaks. since i will do a character creation for my game, this might be helpful. i am afraid it might not work for GTBS animated or non animated battlers.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Im sorry is there a way to make this compatible with tankantai sbs 3.4d
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:25:49 AM by trubear »

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
I am very new to rpg maker vx and  would like to know how i can add options provided by : http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31574.0.html to add more Armour / choices to my game.
Thanks for your time.

-Crimexx
Current Projects :

Light's Darkest War

Rep:
Level 97
Just import them into your game like you would any other character sets? If they are singles and not a set of 8 then put a $ in front of them as you would normally.

I really don't know what you mean - all the relevant instructions are in the header of the script and I really don't know how I could explain it any better in such a general way. There's also a demo which (I think) demonstrates every feature of the script. If maybe you have a more specific and focussed question about what you don't understand about the instructions or the demo, then I can clarify. But as it is, I have already explained the general aspects of the script to the best of my ability inside the script and demo and I don't know how to improve on that without knowing where you are having difficulty.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
im trying to use this script, but when i start the game, the actor always has green hair. How do i get rid of this?

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Sounds like you have a hue set on your hair sprites. Set the third option to zero and that should make it normal.

Example :
@ma_composite_character.push (['VisEquipSample', 2, 75])

Change to :
@ma_composite_character.push (['VisEquipSample', 2, 0])

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
W0 was just curious if you ever hand a chance to look at Yanfy extended movement to find a way to make it work with that

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
Artist
excuse me!
can you make this run with extra movement frames? will this work with bigger sprite set??
hmm not 32x32?
im using RO sprite sheet. can you make it run to have 8 frames width, 9 frames height??

im using the kaduki SBS. so it would be nice to be my $actor_idle, $actor_walk, $actor_run just have the Headgears in map.
and for my $actor_idle_1(for battle scene) should be like this.
i want to make my $actor_idle_1 graphic to be the 1st layer
2nd layer is for my weapon graphic, 3rd layer is my shield graphic, if two handed also in 2nd layer,
then 4th layer is for my head gear low, 5th layer for my headgear mid, 6th layer is for my head gear top..
Sorry For my bad English im asian, please do tell me if my english is worst and u understand what im saying i will try my best to make it more clear.
thanks in advance..
My Profile Picture is made of RMVXACE

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Is it possible to add an extra tag so this can effect different classes specialy, but if special class tages aren't used, the other tags will effect any untagged class?

I was thinking something like:

Code: [Select]
\cg[Actor2, 3, 50, 2, 5] # Character Set = Actor2 : index = 3 : hue = 50 : z = 2 class :5

By the way, what does z do?

EDIT: I just realized I don't need this anymore :( It probably won't work when I use the animation frames with Tankentai SBS ATB D: They extra frames make the game more awesome
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:30:00 PM by Infinate X »

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Is it possible to add folder support so I could organize hair, armor, accessories, and helmets into folders?

Thanks for the awesome script,

-Crimexx
Current Projects :

Light's Darkest War

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
How do you fix Tankentai Sideview Battle System3.4 for the skin?

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Can anyone HELP ME? :zwink:

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
Is it possible to tell us how to set up the Charsets for this script?

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
dunno. i should check this out too,

hey,modern allegra,i looked trough the posts and it seems that you have made a LOT of Edit,
so, can you post the edited script please? i dont wanna have the same error everyone had, :lol:
and one more thing..do you know a script similar  to this 1 but instead of changing the sprite it change the face?
this would be COOOL for a chara maker :D and your script is AWESOOOMME!!!!!!