RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] First Post + some rips from the famitsu chargen site

Rep:
Level 84
:) Hello everyone,

First post here and i figured i shouldn't join empty handed ^_^ Hopefully this is the first of many posts to come :)
Well here's a little gift. Programmed a macro that ripped the charset of each component on the famitsu online character generator. Currently each component has an individual image, but i plan on compounding them so you can use them normally in VX.

External links
Spoiler for:

Instructions:
1.) Extract the attached zip file
2.) there will be a FEMALE and a MALE folder. Each folder, as expected, contains components for each gender.
3.) the base character set is called default.png and located in each folder
4.) The hair, hair components and such are located in the folders contained by the MALE and FEMALE folders.

Folders

Hair: The hair folder contains hair and some hoods, hats and what not.
Hair extensions: This folder contains ponytails, braids
Capes: folder contains capes
Body: contains the different bodies.
Accessories1: Contains most large accessories that cover parts of the body (scarves ect)
Accessories2: contains facial accessories (eg. eyepatch)
Extras: Wings.

Explanation: Top, Bottom and Front

In all of the folders except for the body folder, there are Top, Front, and Back folders.

>Some components have parts that go behind the character (eg: cape from front view). The parts of the component that go behind the character are in the BACK group.
>Most components have a FRONT group that goes in front of the character.
>The TOP group usually covers the Front group and offers an alternate appearence.

If an image has a BACK or TOP group, there will be images in those folders with the same name.

LAYER ORDER
<TOP>
Accessory 2 Front
Hair Extensions Front
Extras Front
Hair Top (Usually replaces a part of Hair Front)
Hair Front
Accessory 2 Back
Accessory 1 Top (replaces part of Accessory1 front)
Accessory 1 Front
Cape Front
Body
Base-----------
Accessory 1 Back
Cape Back
Hair Back
Wings Back
Hair Extensions Back

(Edit: I forgot to include default sets)

~Enjoy!

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:07:35 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This is pretty cool. Unfortunately, this is after I did all that manually for myself :)

So I guess that was a big waste of time for me :P

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
well well, this is pretty amazing. Let us know when you put up the link :)

Rep:
Level 84
ehehe XD Link is going up right now Prince Grafikal ^_^ It is already attached in the post, but i'll include and external link if it helps :)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:00:51 AM by theMuse10 »

Rep:
Level 84
is it possible for you to make it kaduki style?
check this website for reference.
http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html

that way, I can avoid wasting an hour on EVERY sprite...
and maybe change sprite making forever. :)