RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What Are Your Life Goals/Dreams?

Rep:
Level 87
Heyo,

I dunno if this is the right place for this topic, but I wanted to discuss and see what everyone's goals and dreams are on the forum of RMRK.

You can list as many as you have, or even just one. You can discuss about your goals or dreams, or just read through to learn more about some of the members of RMRK.

Here's mine, even though they aren't in order:

Goals:
1. Go through College with several degrees of languages and a degree of Business and/or Video Game Design. [The reason for getting a Business degree is dream #1]

2. Get A's/High B's through my years of Academic High School.

3. Perfect my spriting skills and become one of the best professional spriters.

4. Fix my acoustic and make a few songs on it ;D

5. Actually help in completing a game or get my own game in RPG Maker released....

6. Actually start writing the story and finish the character designs for my world of Evalice. [Might have to change the name since the name is a one letter difference from Ivalice T_T]

7. Get my RPG Maker Character Center site up. [A website with my own custom sprites for characters from video games, animes, or original works in XP and/or 2K form]

Dreams

1. Start my own video game company that will one day reach near the level of Square Enix. [This is my biggest dream, I am a huge video game dork and striving to reach the levels of achievement that a company such as Square Enix will hopefully enable me to get some good games out XD...]

2. Get married and have a good enough job to be able to take care of any family I will have.

3. If I get married, I want the wedding to be in Japan under cherry blossom trees. [I'm a dork XD]

4. Go to a professional cooking school and maybe some day start my own restaurant if Dream 1 fails XD.

5. [I dunno why but I always liked the atmosphere of Coffee Shops] If I ever retire from any job I will have, I would hope to have my own coffee shop in a small town. [So I don't get anal raped by Star Bucks ;-;. I MISS YOU HE BREWS COFFEE T_________T] (Don't ask.. XD)

6. Become a professional linguist and make games in different languages with my own knowledge.

7. If I can't make my own video game company, I would strive to learn Japanese and try to work for Square Enix. [If their still around by then XD]

Well, those so far are my own dreams and goals, a lot of them are pretty big... Maybe pipe dreams even, but it's always good to try, right?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Goals:
1. Graduate from Music School, possibly with a Masters in Composition.
- Not sure if I should stay after the 4th year or not, but I'm definitely considering it. The extra time will give me more opportunities to study under other people, and more chances to get my pieces played at the school.

2. Sustain a livable income on writing music alone, without having to take other part-time jobs.
- I think that's pretty self-explanatory.

3. Build a sweet writing studio. (Not recording studio)
- I have a decent computer that can run ANY program because it runs both Mac and Windows.
- I have a decent external monitor to hook up to my computer.
- The computer's a laptop, but I already have a USB keyboard and mouse for when it's in my "studio."
- What I DON'T have is a nice sound system. I have an okay one, but I want a better one.
- I also don't have a nice MIDI keyboard. I have a tiny 2 octave MIDI controller, and an old MIDI keyboard with no AC adapter. But, yeah.
(for clarification: MIDI controllers don't have instrument or rhythm patches on them, they just control things on your computer.)
- I'd like to get a wind controller, because they're pretty sweet.

4. Get more instruments.
- I'd like an electronic drum set, at least one saxophone, a clarinet, maybe an oboe and a flute, and some string instruments.
- Not so crazy about trumpets because I cant' figure out how to produce notes with them..... :(

5. Learn how to produce notes with brass instruments.
- lol

6. Get my album work played, whether by me or not.
- Not sure how well this is gonna work, though. The music market tends to be more for a young crowd, and I'm already falling out of the demographic...

7. Learn Japanese.
- Why not?

8. Get married, have kids.
- Hopefully to someone who's also a musician, to keep it in the family. :)

9. Get to a point where at least 80% of my music software IS NOT pirated or stolen.
:-[

Dreams:
1. Work in Japan, or for Japanese videogames.
- American games don't follow the same kind of musical trends Japanese games do. The kind of music I write for games ends up being more geared towards Japanese games.
- Actually being in Japan is probably optional, what with the INTERWEB and such.

2. Build a ridiculous writing studio.
- I'm talking, like, multiple external monitors, surround sound, Korg Tritons, etc...

3. Get ALL instruments.
- Seriously, like, one of almost all of them. Or at least the most standardized ones. Didgeridoos are still cool, though.

4. Get my old, dusty seldom-thought-about videogame idea picked up by somebody.
- I think I have a pretty nice idea, I've got music already lined up for it, and I think I'm pretty good at dialog and character development/interaction. I'm just not a good drawer, or good at spriting, or programming. :(

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Mmmm i fuckin love bears
Rep:
Level 85
Self Proclaimed 'RMXP Legend'
Dreams.

1. ... Music
2. ... Games
3. ... Food
4. ... Soft Pretzels
5. ... Wine coolers

Goals.

1. ... Masturbation
2. ... Fapping
3. ... Lulz
"RPG Tsukuru... BIII EEXXUU!!!!"

Legend of Harpine
-----------------
69% Complete

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Goals.

1. ... Masturbation
2. ... Fapping
3. ... Lulz

Okay now, this isn't the sewers.

Goals:
1. Graduate with a degree in Business and Art/Design.
- Business to start a business :}

2. Possible get a minor in music.
- Not much to say here...

3. Work for or create a video game company.
- My dream was always to work for Blizzard ever since I played WCII, but I heard that working for them isn't good.

4. Learn more languages.
- Need I say more?

5. Have a family. =>

Dreams:

1. Live in either San Francisco or Japan...
- Both are expensive I believe... :{

2. Create a revolutionary game.
- Seriously.

3. Design a handheld system...

4. Live comfortably.
- Guess it's pretty self explanatory.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Goals:

Get a degree in music therapy.
Become a freelance music therapist that tours facilities in the US and beyond.
Travel the world.

Dreams:

Record a concept album that I've been working on.
Become an Alaskan crab fisherman.
Visit various pre-historical sites around the world, ie: Machu Picchu, Nazca, The pyramids, Stonehenge, etc.
Write a novel.