RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Okay wtf. I need serious help. [RESOLVED]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
AVG Root kit doesn't seem to find anything wrong so it shouldn't be hidden... But what happens is I tried downloading AVG security thing for my comp because SP 1 doesn't work properly for me. I supposed it was some virus or something.

What happens is when I downloaded AVG thingie, it was corrupted on the spot and I was unable to even start it up properly. Previously, it went to a certain point (like, just before it was done) and then completely undid itself. So wth? Any other free virus programs you guys would point out? :P

Oh yea, in the worst case scenario, I plan to reformat the computer.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 01:19:32 PM by Ikki »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
What happens is when I downloaded AVG thingie, it was corrupted on the spot and I was unable to even start it up properly. Previously, it went to a certain point (like, just before it was done) and then completely undid itself. So wth? Any other free virus programs you guys would point out? :P
Kinda happens every time.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Where are you downloadin' it from?

if it is the website or a mirror it might be that file that is courpt

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
try downloading from another pc placing onto a flash drive and of you go :D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ah nvm. I'm reformatting my comp asap.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY RESOLVED! REFORMAT FTW! SP IS BEING DOWNLOADED NOW! <3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, I need more help, actually.

TRIPLE POST.

Anyways, I need Service Pack 2 but ahref's link is no good. D:

EDIT: Found it, lol. I'm getting SP 3 now. I guess resolved?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 01:19:20 PM by Ikki »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
eww sp3 stay away. and reformatting is not FTW.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Why SP3 stay away? And why reformatting not FTW? It always gets rid of those viruses and stuff. >_>

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
SP3 is full of holes >_> i downloaded it for my new PC and sucked =/

Couldn't play music etc, go with SP2

and reformatting gets rid of everything.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
reformatting is the lazy way out of fixing your computer. the problem that occured is most probably ONE file change or a simple setting error. there is never any need to reformat unless the entire of your windows cannot run. fix the problem not the os.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Being lazy doesn't mean it doesn't work  ;8
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Idk, either way, it's pretty annoying.

For reformatting: You lose all your stuff unless you back it up which takes quite a while. But, you do become completely clean.

For searching for a fix: It takes a while, I guess. But you fix your errors.

Also, I at least needed to repair my comp with the CD. Stupid AVG finds a Win32/Virut error everywhere and automatically removed all the necessary stuff.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Uninstall everything.

Reinstall everything.

See if it works.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Apparently Win32/Virut goes around and infects stuff over and over. :\ Reformatting gives me the same error in the end.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
you need to repair the MBR it might be hiding in there:
   1. Restart your computer with the Windows XP Setup disk in the CDROM drive.
   2. If you are prompted to press a key to start the computer from CDROM, do so quickly. Otherwise it may try to boot from the hard drive.
   3. After a few minutes, you'll see a prompt to press the R key to start the Recovery Console.
   4. When Recovery Console starts, it will prompt you to enter a number corresponding to the Windows XP installation that you need to repair. In most cases, you'll enter "1" (which will be the only choice). If you press ENTER without typing a number, Recovery Console will quit and restart your computer.
   5. Enter your Administrator password. If you don't enter the correct password, you cannot continue.
   6. At the Recovery Console command prompt, type fixmbr and then verify that you want to proceed.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Thanks for trying to help, but it wasn't in there, as far as I know.