RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Persona 4!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
http://p4.atlusnet.jp/

Persona 4

Persona 4 (????4, Perusona 4?) (also known as P4) is the sixth video game in the Persona console RPG series (counting the two games of Persona 2, "Innocent Sin" and "Eternal Punishment", the former was only released in Japan; and the two games of Persona 3, the "Original" and "FES"; including the "Original" and an optional "The Answer" chapter). The game is being developed by Atlus for the Sony PlayStation 2 console. Rather than the city locales of previous games in the series, Persona 4 will take place in a fictional Japanese countryside. It has been said to feature a weather forecast system with events happening on misty days to replace the moon phase system (with events happening on full moons in Persona 3) implemented in the previous games. Its theme is a suspenseful countryside murder mystery with multiple twists and turns in the plot.

Not out yet, but this is currently at the top of my wishlist. ^_^

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
This is why i still play my PS2 <3 the best games seem to be coming out now, i still need to get Odin sphere

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I am seriously dying to get my hands on this. I love all the SMT and Persona series <3
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Somebody outline the Persona series for me, tell me what systems they're for, and which ones I should play, because this seems interesting right now and I kinda want to get into this series now........

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Persona: Revelations and Persona: Innocent Sin and Persona: Eternal Punishment are for the PSX buuuut Innocent Sin is in japanese. I think there is a translation for it, I'm not sure :x Persona 3 is for the PS2

There you go, bub. I may have messed up the names, woops.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Yaaay its daytime!! Lets go date girls!!
OH SHIT ITS NIGHT FUCK! OH GOD LETS GO FIGHT DEMONS!!
Oh jesus I just got my arm severed last night but its daytime it doesnt matter, MORE GIRLS!!

I think they are all on ps2 and you should play them all Mr. Marlin

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I am seriously dying to get my hands on this. I love all the SMT and Persona series <3
Devil Summoner and Persona 3 was awesome. :tpg:
Especially Persona 3, it literally has unlimited gameplay.

Oh, and yes the trailer is also awesome.
The song was <3

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

The song was <3

Devil Summoner was great, yeah. I really wish they'd get going with a new Shin Megami Tensei

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

The song was <3

Devil Summoner was great, yeah. I really wish they'd get going with a new Shin Megami Tensei
This is one of the reasons why I love Atlus. ;8

EDIT: People check this out ;9:http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/819/819229p1.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 07:47:07 AM by Leviathan »

Rep:
Level 96
How connected are the storylines between Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, if at all? Apparently I kind find SMT for GBA, but Persona looks a lot more fun.

except persona 1, which looks like a butchered mess
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:36:33 PM by Marlin »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
How connected are the storylines between Shin Megami Tensei and Persona, if at all? Apparently I kind find SMT for GBA, but Persona looks a lot more fun.

except persona 1, which looks like a butchered mess
None, except some of the monsters are the same.
The theme for both also involves demons or shadows.

Not all SMT are for GBA I think, and there's this one called Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army which despite its corny name, provide good hours of fun and enjoyable gameplay. It's for the PS2, of course.

Persona 3 is better than SMT for most people though, and personally I think it's true.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Never played a Persona game, but I have played Shin Megami Tensei and Digital Devil Saga o:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I have P3FES <3

When I play it it's like I'm reading a book (not like the game is a book, rather that I have to force myself to turn the game off and go to sleep).

I'm not sure which part of this game I like so much, but I can't stop O_o. I'm looking forward to P4 as well. Not sure why they chose to do glasses though... maybe you blink to summon a persona? lol
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
SMT is for, like, SNES, PSX, PS2, GBA and some more D:

Rep:
Level 96
lol, k, I downloaded SMT I and II, and Persona I and II.

I'll be buying SMT III and Persona III eventually, if I like the ones I downloaded. :D

Rep:
Level 96
Man, SMT I and II are craaazzyyyy, but sort of cool.

QUESTION: Persona 3 FES. Is it just Persona 3 + moar? If I get Persona 3 FES does that mean I don't have to get Persona 3?

edit: nevermind, I figured it out
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:23:15 PM by Marlin »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Not sure why they chose to do glasses though... maybe you blink to summon a persona? lol
I think since the "Tartarus" in P3 is "Mayanaka TV" in P4, the glasses enables you to enter the other world.
Yeah, the evil place in P4 is actually a late-night TV channel. =D

I'll be buying SMT III and Persona III eventually, if I like the ones I downloaded. :D
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 FES
Persona 3 FES

Dissapointment is unlikely impossible!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
SMT I and II are hard to play since they're pretty... cumbersome. If you want a good SMT you should try Lucifer's Call.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
P4 sounds good, but it's kinda disappointing me...
The evoker's changed to CARDS.
YOU SUMMON PERSONA WITH CARDS.
I LOVE GUNS BETTER.

DX

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
I LOVE GUNS BETTER.

DX

Me too! Looking the way how they summon their Persona in Persona 3 is too unique in other RPG game
But I'm still looking forward P4 because Persona games got unique style in Opening Theme and their theme songs as well

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I LOVE GUNS BETTER.

DX

Me too! Looking the way how they summon their Persona in Persona 3 is too unique in other RPG game
But I'm still looking forward P4 because Persona games got unique style in Opening Theme and their theme songs as well
That is one of the strengths of Persona, I think.
Still I can't wait to play it. :epic:

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
By the way, let you see something interesting...

* Art is not done by me!! Is done by a deviant called ryo-hakkai from deviantart!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:52:39 PM by Shiriko1989 »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Other than Persona 4 is going to be released in English this December, no other important updates so far.

But...!
Meanwhile why dont we listen to the game's original soundtrack, worth the download.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jh9cqkjjll6
http://www.mediafire.com/?m9ypy1ilhi0

Yeah. The soundtrack's author, Meguro Masashi is a god.