RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Two extra menu buttons

Rep:
Level 85
Fast Travel and Map Buttons

Summary
I want two extra options coded for my main menu. The first one is a Map button. It should only become available to click on when you have the map item in your inventory. When clicked on it should go to a menu page where a picture called 'Menu Map' is displayed in the centre. The picture is in the resources bit. The second button is a feature similar to Elder Scrolls Oblivion; a fast travel option. Those who haven't played Oblivion, it's where you can choose to quickly warp to any visited town without having to walk there.

The Fast travel options should not be able to be clicked on unless a switch which I choose is on. The switches will switch on when you visit the towns. I also wish to be able to implement more options for fast travelling myself, as it is not finalised how many places you can fast travel to.

Thank you very much for your time.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
okay adding the menu items is easy the real scripting is in the maps bit.

how do you want the map to work. eg just open it and take a look then close or do you want interactive features on the map eg player position town position etc.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 03:31:01 PM by anchovy »

Rep:
Level 85
Jack of all Trades
I thought i had one for you but i cant find it now. The script name had something to do with two different game names put together with a phrase after them.... Details on the script said it would make a menu of cities or locations and move you from one to the next without a world map. It would also have random encounters between the locations.... Anyway.... I'll let you know if i see it again, hopefully it wasn't for xp.

Edited and Reposted:

Ok... i feel like a goof... the one i was looking for is on this site. So check it out:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,27835.0.html
Does that do what you want? It was added just a few days ago.

Re: Below Post: Sorry Boss, Fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:46:53 AM by Arclight »
Arclight

A Jack of all Trades
An Ace of None

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
yeah that looks to be what he wants :D.

archlight please dont double post edit your previous post. dabre let me know if you need any help getting that to work with the menu