RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Werid noise

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I was usin my PC, and, all of a sudden it kept making the noise windows makes when you cant click something or you cant do that, periodically every 2 seconds.

Is it anything bad or?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Your computer is trying to become a rapper and needs some fresh beats yo.

Honestly I have no clue what it is, its not doing anything good and you dont like it so it is a problem.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol :D

But it stoped once i restarted but i heard about beeps meaning bad stuff ;o;

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Now that I think about it, my hard drive failed me last year. And before that it was beeping. But I think that was coincidental because my harddrive overheated and melted

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Get IT support.
Or face the consequences. ;9
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Thats why i asked here D:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
enter this into your url bar and hit enter. is the noise you hear the one this produces ?

Code: [Select]
Javascript: alert("beans")

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Er it didnt make a sound for me :x

But it's the sound it makes when you change the speaker volume :/

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
okay im presuming its the alert sound. or is it coming from the pc speaker. this will sound more tinny and cannot be turned down

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
No my speakers, not from the PC,  know that the PC sounds are more, urgent, i was wondering if this meant anything.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Was it one of the files I attached?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
This happened to me right before my Hard Drive started to fail. Does it effect loading times as well?

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Was it one of the files I attached?

Im not sure im using Vista, it was the error noise

This happened to me right before my Hard Drive started to fail. Does it effect loading times as well?

haven't noticed a thing with loading times.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
One of these? >:O

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
The error sound.

I just realized that i have been having weird problems installing things, like, i click the launcher and they will load 5-10 mins later ;o;
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:41:39 PM by Linkray »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I got this same weird error when firefox crashed. It just kept beeping at me over and over. I had to restart my computer to make it stop.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Same thing happened to me, looks like your hard drive might fail.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Same thing happened to me, looks like your hard drive might fail.

D:

Oh well i have a year's guarantee on it, but im a bit annoyed as i only bought it a month ago =/

Rep:
Level 102
Back up your important files. D=

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Back up your important files. D=
I second that.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
my old PC did that. HDD asploded. D:

back stuff up right now and put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Most of my stuff is backed up on disks anyway, just a few things to do.

Burnt the hd cd,Reinsert if nero,restart hold f12,select cd rom,select full scan at boot cd menu,see results.

What?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Most of my stuff is backed up on disks anyway, just a few things to do.

Burnt the hd cd,Reinsert if nero,restart hold f12,select cd rom,select full scan at boot cd menu,see results.

What?

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Sorry for gettin this back, but i was wondering if the noice i said has anything about my HD being Very hot, as in it burnt me when i touched it ;___;

Is that the cause?