RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What's your opinion on gay people?

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Gay people are just like everybody else. They are human beings, and have obviously made the decision to be that way. I have at least 3 gay friends, and a number of bisexual friends aswell, I haven't found one problem with either of them. If anything, I like gay people, as I like mixing with people with different views on certain things.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 89
I've never actually met someone with an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuality.
Hardcore Christians probably have what you describe there. Since The Bible describes being Gay is bad.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Kefka, no religion pls.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
Basically I don't have any problem with them since some of my friends is gay, lesbian and bisexual....
Yet I cannot accept my lesbian friends as my GIRLFRIEND  because I'm normal who want to their partner is opposite sex...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
please do not use subjective terms like 'normal' to describe yourself.

For me, liking guys as much as girls is 'normal'.  So if I was a different person, I could very easily take offense to what you just said.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
You can't ask for people's true opinions and then tell them they can't say their opinion if it's offensive. If their opinion is that anything besides heterosexuality is not normal, then that is their opinion; and since you specifically asked for that opinion, you have no right to tell them they can't say that.

As for homophobia. To me, the fear of homosexuallity is not the fear of those who are homosexual, but rather the fear that those who are homosexual will be, well, homosexual towards them.

To a certain degree I'm a homophobe. I was sexually harrassed by a boy when I was in the sixth grade. Nobody would defend or help me and even the administration told me it was my fault. Needless to say, the then principle was "replaced" the next year after I transfered out. So, in my case, I'm just always afraid that the same thing will happen again. I'm not afraid of homosexuals themselves, just any homosexuality towards me.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm normal
Normal is subjective, only what you perceive to be normal is infact normal.  I don't mind gays as long as they aren't flamers, or parading down the fucking street saying how proud they are to be gay.  There isn't a straight pride march, there shouldn't be a gay one.

Rep:
Level 89
Kefka, no religion pls.
i was giving an example who could have a irrational fear or hatred towards homosexuals.

I don't mind gays as long as they aren't flamers, or parading down the fucking street saying how proud they are to be gay.  There isn't a straight pride march, there shouldn't be a gay one.
I agree as long as they don't bother me.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Dr. Sir...
I'm glad that you are willing to help me by giving me that questionnaire to fill out during that topic I made, but I feel obligated to say this...

A majority of the people who are gay have been abused by their fathers.
That's a lie.

There I said it. That's total bullshit. I don't know where you got that idea, but it's not true.

Now that I've said that, let's move on.

I have no problem with gays. I don't believe that it's a choice. I always put science first, and recent science suggests that homosexuality is caused by a chemical imbalance, which means that it isn't caused by merely "choosing" to be gay, so saying that you believe that homosexuality is a choice, is the same as saying that you don't believe in science.

I'm not Christian anyway. Used to be, but not anymore. And most Shintoists do NOT believe that being gay is wrong. Now I'm not gonna lie, SOME do. But most of us don't.

And besides, if you're a straight guy, you have to love girl-on-girl action, or you're not a real man. :)

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I believe I've already clarified what I said, but I will do it again anyways.

Abuse can mean any number of things. It's not limited to physical or sexual abuse. It can mean something as simple as your father not paying a normal amount of attention to you because you're not as "manly" as he would expect a boy to be.

An example of extreme non physical or sexual abuse causing someone to become homosexual is the piano player born in the football legends home. (Keep in mind that this is hypothetical, I can neither confirm nor deny the validity of this story as I read it in some book about the male psyche some time ago) Basically, the boy loves the piano, but the father - being a football star in his high school days - thinks it's girly and tries to convince his son to join a sport. Eventually he gives up and continues to call his son a fag (I don't like the word myself, but it's part of the story) whenever he sees him. Ironically, while the son wants to pursue his dream of playing the piano, he also wants his father to approve of him. Due to his father continually calling him a fag (considering the - they say it all the time, so it must be true - method of brainwashing *a whole other topic*) and his strange subconscious need to live up to his father's expectations, he actually becomes gay. However he no longer plays the piano because it brings back memories of his father calling him a fag.

Keep in mind that this is an extreme hypothetical situation. The abuse could be something as minimal as a disapproving glance or something even more minuscule.

Regarding the whole "It's a choice to be gay or not". I'll explain that... once again.

Er, I'll just quote it instead, there's no need for me to re-explain something I've already explained.

I've always been sexually attracted to girls. (I started checking them out in the 4th? grade *I was in the 4th grade too -_- *)
I've never been sexually attracted to boys, but I have been emotionally attracted to them.

Like one of my friends, I believe that everybody is attracted to someone of their own sex at one point, it's simply how far you allow that attraction to go. I never allowed my attraction to go into a sexual attraction.

I personally believe that emotional attraction usually (not always) leads to sexual attraction.

Feel free to agree with me or not, that's one of the underlying principles of debate :) . I just don't want you misunderstanding what I said.

And I know I'm slow in replying (regarding the pm discussion), usually when it comes to something that regards somebody's personally life I like to consider everything from every possible angle, so I can be confident I gave them the best answer I could possibly give them.

EDIT : I'm not sure why I originally wrote bisexual. I must have been tired or something *fixed*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 05:05:55 PM by Dr. Sir »

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 85
Whether or not homosexuality is a legitimate psychological fixation that leaves the homosexual-in-question without any say in the matter is truly irrelevant to me. It's simply a lifestyle choice. They are not hurting anyone by doing what they do. I can't complain or argue that what they do is wrong. I can certainly argue that to love is a very right thing to do, so more power to them.

That being said, I do think it's interesting to discuss and analyze what makes or made a person gay. Personally, I don't think that there needs to be any sort of deep-seeded psychological trauma/neglect/abuse/blahblah. In my opinion and observation, it's simply a sexual fixation... A sort of fetish, if you will. And again, there is absolutely 100% nothing wrong with it.

I'm not gay, and never really had the desire to be sexually intimate with another male. I have had incredibly close male friends, closer than I've been with many of my ex's, but never to the point of actual physical relations. I've had plenty of gay friends. They're rad people.

I will say this though. I think Gay Pride parades are the single most deterring thing for the gay community. Look, it's okay to be gay, but by having something so absurd as a 'gay pride' parade actually segregates yourself from everyone else. Think about it! It defines that separation even more than there has to be. I'm all for celebrating culture and lifestyle, but issuing a statement of 'pride' because of your deeply personal sexuality seems... well, I can't think of a word for it. But sex isn't something I go around parading everywhere. That is the equivalent of someone into beastiality having a Beastiality parade. Seriously, why?
yes!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
If it was wrong, then the "God" that these people assume wouldn't have ever allowed one to actually fell for another of our own sex.

& Gay Pride Parades just makes me sick, they're beyond lower than those Emos & Weaboos that give us a bad name.

Now excuse me while I throw a rock at the nearest *diot with a "Gay Parade" Tag on them. (lol)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I think gay pride parades are great. It makes it easier to take a bunch of 'em out with a molotov cocktail.

Of course, I'm just kidding.

Pretty much every gay person I've ever met has been the nicest specimen of humanity. Aside from the few that are just so annoying that I want to rip my own throat out, that is. Showing that someone is proud to be gay is definitely not a detractor, it is just to show other people that they aren't afraid to be different. Granted, if there was a "straight pride" parade, people in the gay community would be up in arms, but that's a different issue for a different time.

Oh, and as a side note, I just realized that I hate the term "gay community". It makes it sound like they all live in one village.

In short, all of these problems that we talk about here, (as much fun as it is,) are things that we shouldn't really care too much about. People are gay. Great. People are also men, women, blonde, redheads, tall, short, disfigured, amputees, etc. I say we just do what we have to do, and not worry so much about everyone else.

Also, I've never seen an "amputee pride" parade, but you can bet your next paycheck that I would watch that one.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
If it was wrong, then the "God" that these people assume wouldn't have ever allowed one to actually fell for another of our own sex.

I am going to be brutally honest. That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard - and I have heard it one too many times.

If what you say is true, then it must be okay to rape and horribly maim children after murdering their parents in front of their eyes. After all, it happens, so God must be okay with it.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This conversation is veering very hard to the RIGHT.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm not saying that arguing that being gay is fine is ignorant. I'm just saying that's not the way you want to say it.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

I am going to be brutally honest. That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard - and I have heard it one too many times.

If what you say is true, then it must be okay to rape and horribly maim children after murdering their parents in front of their eyes. After all, it happens, so God must be okay with it.

It is very easy to compare being gay to rape, but there's a key difference: People who rape children are have at some point in their lives been screwed with, or they just have some sort of mental disorder.
People who are gay are born that way, except in certain cases. Umm, the rape thing i suppose o.O.

People who go in gay pride parades probably have alot when they do it. good for them.

Rep:
Level 85
Also, I've never seen an "amputee pride" parade, but you can bet your next paycheck that I would watch that one.

I feel bad for laughing as hard as I did just now.

Also, as far as the argument of "God" is concerned... agh, nevermind, I really don't even want to touch on that argument.
yes!

Rep:
Level 89
It is very easy to compare being gay to rape, but there's a key difference: People who rape children are have at some point in their lives been screwed with, or they just have some sort of mental disorder.
People who are gay are born that way, except in certain cases. Umm, the rape thing i suppose o.O.

People who go in gay pride parades probably have alot when they do it. good for them.

I dont understand any of that... If anyone else understood it, care to elaborate?

But if your saying what i think, then i think you mis-interprated what he was saying, he wasnt comparing being gay to rape, someone said that if it was so wrong then god would have basically got rid of them, and he replied by saying something like "Since god hasnt killed them then he must be ok with it, same with people who rape/maim kids, god hasnt killed them. So it must be ok."

I think thats what he was getting at anyway. But back on topic anyway

Like i stated before. Be gay, i dont care, just dont walk down the street shouting it so that everyone hears, cus they probably dont even care.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

I dont understand any of that... If anyone else understood it, care to elaborate?

But if your saying what i think, then i think you mis-interprated what he was saying, he wasnt comparing being gay to rape, someone said that if it was so wrong then god would have basically got rid of them, and he replied by saying something like "Since god hasnt killed them then he must be ok with it, same with people who rape/maim kids, god hasnt killed them. So it must be ok."

I think thats what he was getting at anyway. But back on topic anyway

Like i stated before. Be gay, i dont care, just dont walk down the street shouting it so that everyone hears, cus they probably dont even care.

Ah well. i did say what i want to say, though, and i think that works?  :blizj:

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
My personal View... I have no issue what so ever with them.

The only thing I do worry a little about is if other Sexual orientations become accepted.

You see, it wasn't too long ago that being Gay could get you spending a term in Jain, almost for as long as being a Pedo.

My worry is, that in a 10 years or so, people just see Pedo's as being normal or people that fancy animals or something... Don't get me wrong I am not likening Gays to Perverse and unatural people like animal shaggers and Pedo's... I am just saying soon nothing will be tabo and it could be that all sexual desires are seen as normal.

I think Laws are in place for a reason... Being Gay, must be very hard... But I guess for the Pedo's and Animal shaggers it is also... AH...

I dunno really... I don't think it is natural to fancy the same sex or take residence and kick start a relationship... But saying that, I am not Gay... So I am not faced with the hardship they have.

I think every one Desrves to be happy as long as they are not hurting anyone in the process.

But I think moving the Bar on what os socially acceptable is hurting people... On a small mental level.

Does that make sense...?

Nope.... But then what does in the world we are in today... LOL

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 89
I can sort of understand what your saying LoS But, there is a huge difference between having sex/whatever with another guy who actuall wants it, then screwing a 5 year old for shits and giggles because you can.
Being a pedophile is completely fucked up.
Being gay should be fine.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
LoS i know what you mean, i thought of this two, the only problem is, it would be a relapse into what was going on around medieval times, people as young as 8 were becoming pregnant then, and if the ways today carry on...well i know what you mean.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I don't really know if being pedo will ever be accepted, what sane mother would let her 5 year old daughter have sex with some old bum? Even if people loosened up about it there will always be parents who find the idea disgusting. Unless you're looking, like, a couple of hundred years into the future where everyone thinks differently and thinks banging children is great.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 94
I don't really know if being pedo will ever be accepted, what sane mother would let her 5 year old daughter have sex with some old bum? Even if people loosened up about it there will always be parents who find the idea disgusting. Unless you're looking, like, a couple of hundred years into the future where everyone thinks differently and thinks banging children is great.

I could just as easily replace "pedo" with "gay". and change "children" to "other men".

It has nothing to do with religion, morals, or anything like that. It's all about society and the popular opinion. Also, for the record, paedophilia was widely accepted a long time ago, along with bigamy and sodomy.

I'm not saying I'm immune... far from it, actually. I think paedophilia is disgusting, and I think that bigamy is right to be outlawed. All I want people to understand is that none of these things are actually right or wrong, because there really is no such thing.

But that would be a different topic for a different time.

Actually, no it isn't. I really don't feel like talking about it.