RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
SHIT

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'm writing this from my brother's PC, cause mine is.. =|

I was sat at it this morning, when suddenly I heard a loud POP, everything goes off, and a disgusting burnt smell starts to emerge. The pop was so loud, it scared the shit out of me. I thought that must have been a capacitor right away, so opened up my PC. All the caps on the motherboard, video card, sound card etc look fine, so I look in the only other possible place, the Power Supply.

It was a bitch to get it open, had its own stupid screws, but yes, 2 of the capacitors inside the PSU have blown. Pics incoming once I get them off my phone onto this computer ;9

I dunno if the PSU failure has damaged anything else in my PC, and I guess I won't know till I get a new PSU and plunge ahead. This sucks, just before my birthday too (in 4 days). Though that's kind of ironic, it IS my birthday soon, and I AM a poorfag as you all know; I wouldn't complain at any gifts  for my birthday. I have no PC till I can get a new PSU ;__;
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 12:41:11 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
The same thing has happened to me before. The motherboard was damaged in the process and I needed a new computer anyway so it forced me into getting one sooner, but still ;9
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
*gives a hug Roph*  ;9

I hope nothing else has been fried and that you get it up and running soon.

FURRY 4 LIFE. Here kitty kitty kitty....
Rep:
Level 87
not to get you worried or nothin... but electronics can be very sensitive and its fairly likely that sent a power surge... but you have nothing to worry about i'm sure... if you want some sex to make you feel better id be happy to oblige! i wanna get laid so badly
"screaming out the mating call. i've become the lord of love"

caramelldansen forever!

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
=( That happened to me before, but, the only difference was that.. well the hole power supply had melted.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Oh poor Rophybaby :3 hope you get a new SPU soon ;9
:taco: :taco: :taco:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
D:

hope you get something soon ;-;
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
I actually do have access to money to go out and buy one right now I guess, but this money is from RMRK, and actually will go to the bill for this server (should be getting the bill later today).

That'd be pretty villainous to salvage my own PC at the expensive of RMRK going down, but I can't do that.

And that's assuming when it blew (holy shit it was a loud bang, and my room still stinks of burning electrolyte) it didn't damage my PC ;9

Spoiler for:
GIVE ME MONIES RICH FAGS ;_;
bringing sexy back

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
You only have TWO choices, people!

DONATE, or DIE.

And I have the gun in my hand.

So go.

Rep:
Level 102
Ok, I stole the PSU from my dad's PC for a little while and apart from some corruption, my PC seems to be ok.

I just need a new PSU =(
bringing sexy back

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
That's great to hear :D
I hope you'll be able to get a new PSU soon.

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I'd love to donate, because I know you'd do the same for me, but Paypal doesn't like working for me.

Good luck with getting your own PSU.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
irock you cant have a paypal account till your 18. ITS THE RULES. :D

I can imagine the loud bang i did it to a plasma ball last year i gave it 240volts and its only meant to carry 12. The bang it gave and burning circuit board/toxic gas leak from the chamber made for a great nights sleep dousing the board with water and leaving the thing by an open window. it rattles now so i assume i blew the capacitors off the board :(

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
wtf @ all the dust in that thing.

Did you ever CLEAN it?  :|

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
A: No I let the dust gather and coagulate on the cpu fan and vents+shell until i get system performance errors or failures like everyone else. I clean cpu fan and vents+shell every 3-4 months or check and see if it is dirty.

Dirt and dust coagulated tends to Retain heat which can burn/fail components that provide capacitance and resistance to electricity and or melt then cross positive and negative components which is what that POP probably was. At least you were around and there for it. Hopefully a circuit breaker is between your comp and the wall or it could of been WORSE. You would be calling smokey the bear for back up.

spell check? btw, roph knowz bout computerz

Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Even if he didn't know about computers, it's pretty much a no brainer that dust = bad.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, English please.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
More like grammar please.

And you'd have to be an idiot not to realize that something GETTING DIRTY wouldn't hinder it's performance.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
...have you ever heard of a MODIFY button?

Rep:
Level 87
you know theres a button that allows you to edit your posts right matt? every time you post anything, you seem to double, or even triple post.

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 87
aww is someone bitter because i proved he is retarded like so many have before me?

caramelldansen forever!

Rep:
Level 87
rofl and everybody just loooooves you and your massive dick gap.

EDIT: hah irock deleted all his posts.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 04:17:03 AM by Sabre_of_Pain »

caramelldansen forever!

<3
Rep:
Level 86
aww is someone bitter because i proved he is retarded like so many have before me?

Considering how often someone's proved Irock wrong, I would have thought he'd be used to the feeling by now. :x

Rep:
Level 87
not to interrupt your delusion; but your the laughing stock of the forum. the only one who even comes close in comparison to you is matt.

caramelldansen forever!