RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Web Design] EdRoman.com

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Those colors are hot.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Clean, simple, and yet effective.
Cool!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
:D,might want to work on the font for edroman guitars looks a little plain and also the top black backgrounded box has some sort of morse code like white stuff at the bottom is this intentional?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thanks for the replies so far, the title is changed now :)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Formed in 2002 around a mutual interested in melodic death metal like At The Gates and Carcass as much as the classic recordings of early thrash giants Megadeth and Testament, the band's impressive debut The Hero Cycle led to a deal with Prosthetic Records shortly thereafter. Next came 2005's critically-acclaimed Remains of The Gods, which earned the band a spot on Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles' best of 2005 list. At the same time, front woman Laura Nichol, one of death metal's few leading ladies, graced the pages of Revolver as one "The Hottest Chicks In Metal."

Various grammar and spelling mistakes there.

And yes, it does matter.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Formed in 2002 around a mutual interested in melodic death metal like At The Gates and Carcass as much as the classic recordings of early thrash giants Megadeth and Testament, the band's impressive debut The Hero Cycle led to a deal with Prosthetic Records shortly thereafter. Next came 2005's critically-acclaimed Remains of The Gods, which earned the band a spot on Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles' best of 2005 list. At the same time, front woman Laura Nichol, one of death metal's few leading ladies, graced the pages of Revolver as one "The Hottest Chicks In Metal."

Various grammar and spelling mistakes there.

And yes, it does matter.

xD, I stole the text from somewhere else

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
some, hopefully for the better, updates made. :o

k so King_of_the_Universe recommends I change it a bit so it looks less like a "blog" here is what it comes out to:

http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/new2/

vs. the old one

http://www.celebrityrockstarguitars.com/new/

though the second one IMO looks better, I do understand his point that the first one looks more like a site selling guitars.

What do you guys think? (reply, no poll :3 )
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 04:28:17 AM by Nouman »

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
prefer the first one i do :D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
prefer the first one i do :D

why thank you good sir

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
If we were to judge the design by whether it "looks like a blog" or not, which, in my opinion, is not something that is defined well enough to say "that site looks like a blog!", I'd say the second design STILL looks like one.

Both are fine, to be honest, but I think I prefer the first one.  Maybe I am just not used to the new version.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
New one looks better but it reminds me of Wordpress, lol.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
New one looks better but it reminds me of Wordpress, lol.

Enough to prove that it still "looks like a blog", lol...  But then again... HOW is a blog supposed to look?  :P  Just ignore the blog part.  Do what you think is best for your customer and the website's visitors.

... But maybe Moo was referring to the design shown in the first post?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
please dont apply stereotypes to design layouts :D. i remember a site of mine for my school based IT project was called left handed because sub-navigation appeared to the right. :S

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
don't worry, none of the designs shown will be final :D

Rep:
Level 86
Deviant Designer
The new site looks way better than the old site.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Nouman did you also do the guitar slideshow?
And I have to say the background works quite well.  ;8
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yep. Hardest part was to use ordinary guitar pictures and make them look good.