RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Hotkey with Items

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Hotkey Script
May 7, 2008

Summary
I was looking at one of Worale's scripts, the speed script, and I was kinda thinking...
Then I thought, what about Potions or so that you can put on a hotkey, and use it in-game to increase your speed, for ex. if you have [Swiftness Potion] or [Scroll of Speed], your speed would increase by... 2.5 or so.

Features Desired
  • Ability to put scrolls and/or potions on hotkeys
  • A graphical keyboard with a couple of buttons for ex. H-J-K and under that B-N-M.

Mockups

See that 8 hotkeys in the under-right corner of the screen?

The buttons are similar to what I mean.

Games its been in
  • MapleStory
  • World of Warcraft

Did you search?
Yes.

Where did you search?
  • Google.

What did you search for?
  • rmvx button bar
  • rmvx hotkey

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
This could be done with events. I'd do it if it wasn't because I'm busy with a lesser crapload of other things. It should be pretty simple actually...
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 87
Would it be able to show it through the whole game, with exceptions of for example fights and world map?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
im going to start ranting at people that post this "This could be done with events." in a script request topic.

The item boxes themselves could be relatively easyily done in a script and would be much cleaner. with events. the same events would have to appear on every map :(.

The difficult part is allowing the user to customize what is in them :(.

Rep:
Level 87
But you're saying it could be done, right?

Rep:
Level 86
im going to start ranting at people that post this "This could be done with events." in a script request topic.

I'm gonna be ranted a lot by you then...  :-\ Maybe I should stop.
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 87

Off-topic, you should keep this to the thread, for ex. you could've typed:
But if you want to do it by events then... Follow step 1., and if you know variables continue to step 3.
But that's just my opinion.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
But you're saying it could be done, right?

have you seen the other scripts in the database?
my point being, if some of that stuff is possible, then hotkeys should be easy.
im out of the business of making scripts for people now..
so sorry :)
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Rep:
Level 86
[offtopic]Keeping to the topic now, sorry![/offtopic]
It is very much possible. It has been done in Moghunters (at least I think it was Moghunter's) ABS (not the XAS)! I think I have a demo of it somewhere actually, but it would take some time to find. So yeah, check the database first...

Rep:
Level 87
I found this, I don't know if that is something?
It says; Hotkey Assignment Display, I don't really know what that means though.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:22:06 PM by Rob »

Rep:
Level 86
Is it just me or is the link not working?

Rep:
Level 87
Is it just me or is the link not working?
Sorry, I fixed it.

Rep:
Level 86
Well you could, but that's a complete ABS and the Blizz-ABS in not a Customize-ABS. It fills up three parts, and the configuration program doesn't work. And you need to read both manuals in order to make a single enemy... Of course, you need only read the enemy stuff to learn the enemy stuff but still, if we're talking simple, I'd try out something else...

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
its possible yes :D. if the items change the same eg. like diablo 2s mana and health potions then itll take me about an hour

Rep:
Level 87
its possible yes :D. if the items change the same eg. like diablo 2s mana and health potions then itll take me about an hour
Ohlol, change the same?

Rep:
Level 86
I was thinking about that too, but I hope you get on it ahref! I am real excited about this as well now. Diablo 2 does have a nice way of using hotkeys...

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
whoops i meant stay the same :D

Rep:
Level 87
Yes, that would be a great idea, then you would have something such as:

B - Healing Potion
N - Mana Potion
M - Swiftness Potion
J - Scroll of Strength