RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Full-time Scripting Collab Partner Needed [PAID]

Rep:
Level 85
I'll get straight to the point... me and my collaboration partner Road Rocket have a number of RPGXP game projects ahead of us, and due to the lack of response from ordinary forum posts, we are looking for a skilled scripter willing to take on the necessary scripts and features of our projects personally. You would essentially be a full-time collaboration partner who knows RGSS. We would appreciate it to no end if we could get this as a courtesy, but if necessary are willing to pay about $100 per project. If this is insufficient, you're free to negotiate with us.

Some of our current projects in the making include:
 - Apocalypse: The Video Game
 - Unmasked: The True Burger King Story (Don't ask)
 - Sonic: The Emerald - Star City
 - The Chronicles of Nausea (Again... don't ask)
 - Mario Kart GX
 - Project E.N.D.
 - Branch Point
 - Pokemon Black/White/Platinum
 - Apocalypse: Judgement Day WHITE
 - Sonic: The Emerald BLACK

Some of the scripts we'll need in the future include:
 - Random Item Generator
 - Advanced Speed Rates
 - A credits sequence script
 - A simple Battle System script for E.N.D.
 - Various bug fixes when possible

Anyone who is willing to help will be greatly appreciated. We needn't have the best scripter on the internet, we ask only for someone who can get the job done. We would be willing to hire two applicants if necessary, but again - payment would have to be negotiated. Obviously, any and all scripters will be credited as much as we creators are and get an Editor's Copy of each finished project. Thanks for your understanding, please post any concerns, comments, or applications here.

If you'd like to contact us for any reason personally, our MSN messenger addresses are:
 - xelrogtapocalypse@gmail.com
 - jprew@worldspaceflight.com

>>> Edited beyond this point... >>>

First off, I feel it might be beneficial to post some quick descriptions of the game projects we currently have on hand. Please note that we're focusing on Apocalypse and The Emerald for the time being, so most of the others will be later releases.

Spoiler for "Game Descriptions":
> Apocalypse: The Video Game
 >>>>> A 15-year-old criminal who refers to himself only as 'Xelrog', a spy from the future who bears a dangerous mark, and a tyrannical demigod all threaten the sanctity of the Lost Fighters, a group of misfits brought and kept together by a strange, unkown entity. When they are notified of the growing threat of universal destruction before them, they are forced to take action against an apocalyptic dictator, a global military force, and, for all they know, the gods themselves.

> UNMASKED: The True Burger King Story
 >>>>> Taking place during a time-skip in the Apocalypse series, a mass hippie rebellion forces Barry King to join forces with the US government in an attempt to bring down the tofu-munching armada. Unhappy with the alliance, after discovering that the government was responsible for the reposession and destruction of his father's original franchise, he cuts it off and - after the hippie forces soundly defeat the US military with the help of some mistreated allies - decides to bring down their control of the State with his own forces.

> Sonic: The Emerald - Star City
 >>>>> Taking place after the events of the web comic, Sonic: The Emerald, (found here: www.thespritersalliance.com) the reconstruction efforts after the second Day of Persecution are finally coming to an end, and life has finally returned to normal. After soundly defeating Eggman - again - Sonic and the crew return home to find a bird liberation force terrorizing the nearby Town of Turkey. They quickly take care of the problem and confront their leader, a small, not too bright eagle by the name of Serath. After Serath escapes, Sonic must deal with the increasing threats of an insideous bird army, a dangerously growing armada of killer viruses, and - of course - keeping Eggman and his army of robots at bay all the while. Trouble, however, is still brewing, with the resurrection of a certain demonic supervirus...

> The Chronicles of Nausea
 >>>>> Chronicles the strange adventures of a young girl as her world is destroyed by said demonic supervirus in the first Day of Persecution. This game is mostly humor-based, but some story-related drama takes place near the end. I don't know much about this, so I may try and get Road Rocket to fill a bit more in later.

> Mario Kart GX
 >>>>> It's an undertaking of rather epic proportions - Mario and the crew finally hit RMXP, and they've brought an all-too-familiar karting prix along with them. Features include over 100 playable characters, as well as special karts and alternate forms for each racer; a huge variety of tracks to play on, as well as a never-before-seen story mode. New to the mix is the Sonic crew, as well as Megaman, Crash Bandicoot, and a few unfamiliar faces specifically for this game. Also Hitler! (Whoever decides to take on these games will most likely be granted a role in a number of them; most noticably this one.)

> Project E.N.D.
 >>>>> Relive all your favorite franchises in RMXP format. The series goes through a very large variety of games, including Paper Mario, Paper Mario 2, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Megaman Battle Network, Megaman Battle Network 2, Spyro the Dragon, and Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage. However... not all is well in these worlds, as the growing threat of an unknown being named Cyrus and his massive collection of viruses (including some familiar from The Emerald) prove to be dangerous opposition for our five familiar freedom fighters, as well as a mysterious group of programmers known only as 'D.E.L.E.T.E.'

> Branch Point
>>>>> I feel that this is one of my most unique games, possibly trailing behind Apocalypse. It is essentially an anime crossover fangame, and it implies that all these various animes are occuring in the same universe. The rather unorthodox hero, Hiro Misami, has multiple personalities. The other two are Bob Misami - an editor's reference to all of my work - and Higa Misami. What makes this game unique... is that Higa is the main antagonist. Thus, the hero and the villain are both one. This fangame of rather epic proportions includes: Paranoia Agent, Dragon Ball/Z/GT, Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, InuYasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Fooly Cooly, Cyborg 009, One Piece, and minor references to various other series.

> Pokemon Black/White/Platinum
 >>>>> That's right. It's yet another Pokemon game. However, unlike previous installments, these games have very few spacial limitations, as well as a roster of new, specialized species exclusive to the Apocalypse and Emerald universes. Combine this with the ability to get ahold of all the four-hundred-something species from previous installments, and you've got B/W/P. Black takes place first in the Apocalypse universe, then the Emerald, then the original Pokemon world. White, somewhat obviously, is the same, but with the Apocalypse and Emerald universes reversed. Platinum is unique in that you begin in the Pokemon world and can travel freely between the Apocalypse and Emerald universes after.

> Apocalypse WHITE and Emerald BLACK
 >>>>> Two crossover games between the Apocalypse and Emerald series, inspired by and based on Crash Purple and Spyro Orange. This won't be for a while, as it doesn't take place until after the second Apocalypse game.

Secondly, I'll put up some more in-depth descriptions of the scripts we'll be needing as they come to mind.

Spoiler for "Scripts Needed":
Battle Script Decoding - This isn't a new script; however, our common battle script has no instructions alongside it, and we haven't the scripting knowledge to go through the animation section and decipher how exactly we're to use it. Most likely would only take a few minutes for a knowledgeable scripter, and requires no actual new scripting.

Random Item Generator - This is for MKGX. Obviously, this will be needed for items on the field... some variables will also be taken into consideration for individual character items, some appearances being more probable than others, etcetera. If you've ever played the Mario Kart series, this is pretty self-explanitory.

Advanced Speed Rates - This just means speed rates more specific than 0 through 6, for character statistics in MKGX. Also to do with this are the ideas of acceleration and handling stats, but those are little more than wishful thinking for the time being.

Credits Sequence - Fairly self-explanitory. Just a simple script that can show white text on a black background, either fading it in and out or scrolling it across the scene. Some control features - such as skipping them - would be nice, but not necessarily needed. We may be able to use a video script for this if needed.

E.N.D. Battle System - A somewhat Paper Mario-esque battle system. Turn-based, customizable, and hopefully with action commands. (There's already a script for that, I believe) We may ask a friend of ours named Opaj to take a shot at this, if he's willing, so this may not be required of applicants.

Pokemon Script Support - Possibly some updated features for a Pokemon battle-style script already in use... this may be a bit farfetched, so it's not really expected of any candidates.

Please note that if someone would like to take on just one or two of these needs, we would be much obliged... however, sadly, I cannot afford to pay someone for a single script.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:52:49 PM by Xelrog T. Apocalypse »

Rep:
Level 85
I believe the bump limit is 24 hours on this board... if not, please feel free to correct me. I've had to post this on three different forums to get any feedback.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmmn, well none off those scripts seem particularly hard, but I'm in the middle of exams right now :(.

Can you maybe list what scripts are required for each game? If I did do this, then I would probably only want to do one or two of the games, as I have a lot of work to do as it is, and for that reason I would like to know what I was committing to. So yeah, if you put up a list, I will consider if any of them are feasible for me.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, if that were the case, you would probably be scripting for Apocalypse and Emerald (Unmasked and CoN follow those up side by side, but we shouldn't need any scripts in particular for those that won't already be included in Apoc and Emerald). I can't say that I can list every script we'll need as it currently stands, as the games are still in relatively early development. However, if you were willing to do just those two, I wouldn't mind letting you off with the $200 and looking for another scripter for future projects.

I put a list of the major ones in the first post already, but I'll try to think ahead and make a list of all the scripts we'll need as they come to mind... of course, these will all depend on whether we run into an already-existent script that suits our needs. In such cases, that script will - of course- cease to be a necessity.

Apocalypse:
 - Battle Script Translation
 ----- This is the major holdup on my game right now. I was given a side-view battle system without any instructions, so I need someone to run over the script and either create some kind of instructions on how it's used or - if it would be easier on their part - create a tutorial. The main problem is that I'm not sure how the sprite strips should be laid out, or what exactly is required of their names.
 - Credits Sequence Script
 ----- Again, this one may be fairly common, so this one may very well be unnecessary. We just need something basic, scrolling text and a few control features.
 - Jukebox Script
 ----- I may already have this; the one who took my previous request was relatively vague in his reply. May just need a quick runover. Consists of a system where the player obtains albums in the game as items, and then is able to insert them into a jukebox and listen to their contents from that point on.
 - Menu Map and Warping System
 ----- A system that shows a world map, which then zooms in to an area map. The warping system shouldn't be difficult; it's limited to warping between special tents, or Hubs, and then only those hubs which you've activated.

Emerald:
 - On-Map Battle System Script error
 ----- RR has informed me that he's having a bit of a problem with projectile weapons, so if this isn't resolved, a quick fix of this might be necessary.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:58:09 PM by Xelrog T. Apocalypse »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
If you just need a simple scrolling system for showing the credits you could try my Picture Scrolling System and see if it fits your needs. (demo)
I wish you luck with your projects ^_^

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 85
Thank ye kindly, Zeriab. ;) One question, though: Can you set the script so that you're only able to skip if a certain switch is on?

Rep:
Level 92
It's not a script, it's an event ^^
Being an eventer yourself you shouldn't have too many problems modifying it to accomplish your request.
Find the conditional branch which breaks the loop prematurely. Add a conditional branch checking whether the wanted switch is on.
Assuming you are using the version in the demo I have attached 2 pictures showing the relevant section of the event before and after adding the conditional branch.

If you have troubles or don't understand what I mean then just ask ^_^
*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 85
I should be fine, thanks. ;) I just sort of assumed it was a script because very few people I know of post events on this board. Anyway... trying not to stray too far from my recruitment request topic. :P

Rep:
Level 85
Sorry, small update. I forgot one game in the list when I first put it up, that game being Branch Point. I should be working on it here and there throughout the Apocalypse games, so no idea when exactly it will be out yet. It will most likely come before MKGX and E.N.D. though.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I have a lot of scripting commitments currently, so I don't think I'll take these on, though some of them are pretty easy. I am sure you could find a jukebox script somewhere. I think there was one on this site at one time.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I am sure you could find a jukebox script somewhere. I think there was one on this site at one time.

this: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12956.0.html ?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
No, that's not actually useable as it is. I think there was one by Polraudio or someone. I think it suffered a little from first script syndrome, and I don't know if it would suit his purpose anyway, but it exists I think.

Rep:
Level 85
Nah. I've looked throughout this site and found nothing that would suit my purpose. Thanks for trying, but, as I said before, I think I may already have the script. It's not yet incorporated in the game, though, which isn't like me; thus, I assume that I didn't do so because something about it was not working or I simply couldn't figure out how to use it.

Rep:
Level 85
3-day bump'd.

Rep:
Level 85
... 5-day bump'd?

Rep:
Level 85
10... 11 days? -_-

Rep:
Level 85
What happened to this place.. ? A simple reply would be nice... :(

Rep:
Level 92
A simply reply is something I can give you.

*hugs  Xelrog T. Apocalypse*

I guess the lack of replies means there are no scripter willing or able to work for you.

Rep:
Level 85
Damn, at $100 a project? ;/

I've gotten a bit of help with the Jukebox from a skilled eventer and may be able to get one script out of GubiD, but otherwise, we're still in need of a partner... Worst-case scenario, I suppose we'll have to go back to requesting scripts individually. Problem was, we weren't getting any replies at all in the hbgames.org forums. I can only hope we'd be better off here.

Rep:
Level 92
I think the major problem is that it sounds like there are a lot of work to do and that it is a long term commitment. (The term full-time. About 40 hours of scripting per week?)
Basically that it will take the scripter's time for a very long time. That sounds a little scaring
Another could be the current time. It seems that most of the scripters around are bugged down with exams.

There could naturally be other issues as well. I don't know.
Either way good luck with your projects ^_^

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 85
Well, not quite.

I've been trying to express that this isn't an overhaul of work, we just want to have someone on hand when the occasional script necessity that we don't find already in existance does come along. It wouldn't be so much as a load of scripts done at once, but just a little scripting here and a little scripting there. Your response tells me I didn't do a very good job in expressing that, though. ;P

As an example, notice how we only have a few current script necessities up after working on so many projects for over a year now. That's probably another one of the key reasons we have so many; one of them would always be blocked up when we couldn't find someone to do a script for us, and eventually, we'd grow bored and realize a new project. All the more reason we need a scripting partner desperately.

Essentially, we'd be paying $100 per project for 1 or 2 scripts... 3, tops.

Rep:
Level 85
'Nother bump.

Rep:
Level 85