RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gaming World 2-week Gamemaking Contest - Make a game in 2 weeks and win $300

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Fellow game creation site Gaming World have just announced a contest beginning from now until April 28th, open to any person (or group) to create a short, up to roughly one hour or so game.

The top prize is $300, 2nd place will receive $100, and a third place winner will take home $50.

Any method or maker may be used to create the game, and there are some guidelines that entries must follow in order to be eligible.

For more information on the requirements and how to participate, view Gaming World's announcement. Good luck to any entrants!~  :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 04:08:06 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Sounds cool.

I thought that site was owned by hbgames.org now :o

(maybe I read some stuff wrong xD )
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Or perhaps you read the stuff correctly, but on April 1st  :lol:

Rep:
Level 90
I already have a similar game developed. It does not have a panda though. Unfortunately I am going on vacation halfway through the contest, so that's not enough time. Ouch.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
awesome contest,,lol @ the panda

the timing of the contest for students sux  :'( since it's during the final push to end the semester
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 90
I already got disqualified from the contest and temporary thrown off the board, cause I submitted the game I already had developed. Someone remembered it from when I submit it in a Halloween contest.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
when you say "any", does that include the fan made postality knights  thingy?
No signature.... got better things to do.

Rep:
Level 87
I'd think you'd have better luck asking on the actual site where the contest is being run.
When Wombats Strike!
WombatRPGs - RPG design and Discussion
-And Team Olympus beta test now open!

Rep:
Level 90
Yes it does include it. He said any.

The terms he uses are interesting too. Band. Technically a band is any grouping, but a band could be like a rock band, so he could DQ people.

Best yet he himself is the judge right? Cause it is his money. The judging process might take a while.

People on these forums have more than one account, I am sure that forum is no different. He might just want to release a game with publicity. That is probably how the man with 8 accounts won the RMRK awards with 8 votes :-)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Quote from: Requirements
A panda must feature prominently in the game. The panda must in some way be integral to the plot - it cannot simply be a 3-second cameo. It doesn't have to be a character. To clarify, as I'm getting a lot of comments and PMs about this: yes the bloody panda is essential and your game has to include panda in the main plot, and the panda does not have to be a real live bamboo eating bear.

A lot of these projects are going to be very interesting, I hope he shows the winning project to everyone. :D

Rep:
Level 87
All of the games will be open to the public to play, so you can see all of the entries. About the panda... Some people are integrating it well into their plot, but others thought it was for "hilarious random effect" and just made joke games... I will be annoyed considerably if one of this type wins... Currently the WombatRPGs submission features a sadist in a panda mask... Quite interesting.
When Wombats Strike!
WombatRPGs - RPG design and Discussion
-And Team Olympus beta test now open!