RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
May I have some strawberries...

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
with my whine   :o

Ok.. I recently received a new laptop (which I am very excited about).  However, I have NEVER used a laptop before and as some of you may know..it is a tricky endeavor.  I am forever opening things I don't mean to.  To make matters worse it has vista :(  For a die hard XP user.. it's a whole other world.  I have found things that I love.. and things that I hate..   Anyone have any tips/tricks for me? Anything you have learned about vista or using a laptop that can help me?

Thanks a bundle :)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Well, how computer literate are you? What will you be using the laptop for?

and of course the obvious :
- Install firefox.
- Get  firewall and Antivirus software
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Well, how computer literate are you? What will you be using the laptop for?

hmmm.... computer literate... I would say.. somewhat.. compared to my dad I am a genius .. compared to Roph... an idiot (if that helps, lol)

I will be using the laptop for basic computing ... nothing major... it's mostly for when we travel so that we can still have access to the web.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Well then you would want to make sure that you have no access to system files. (should be set by default), but go into mycomputer and under folder options click "view" and make sure its set on "Do not view hidden folders"

btw. I have windows xp, so I don't know if thats the same in vista xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
so far about vista is that it ask if you should open this at a constant basis.

example that this happens-
Maple story
Alcohol 120%
Tremulous
all games

i cant find a way to delete accounts.

well the good thing about vista it looks nice.