RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
underwater screen tint

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Underwater Screen Tint
15/3/08

Summary
in my current giaw project you can explore underwater in a diving suit to search for treasure. my underwater maps are working correctly but they dont look underwater. what i require is a script that changes the tint of the screen so that the further you go underwater the more blue the screen gets.

Features Desired
  • ability to choose wether or not to apply this effect based on map id
  • a safety feature that makes sure the tint doesnt go so far as to make it impossible to see

Mockups

but vertically :D

heres an underwater map at its current stage:

Games its been in
none that i know. although sonic 2 chemical stage :D

Did you search?
yes

Where did you search?
  • hbgames.org
  • rmrk.net

What did you search for?
  • tint by depth
  • tint by position

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Groovy! I would aim for a bit of a darker, greener, murkier blue though, for realism. Past that it's wicked cool, you had a good idea.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Couldn't you just use something similar to this as your map background? This way, it will grow darker as you dive deeper.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
that would apply only to the background. with tint it would apply it to the whole screen

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
You know, this might be possible in events-by moving the tint slowly somehow or a picture that has a blue gradient on it.
I said that, but I'm still finding out how myself.
Spoiler for .:
For my own VX game.
OR
Use the new moghunter's VX transition script and somehow modify it so it transitions slowly the deeper the character dives.

Anyways, good idea there. :)
lol I might steal it.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
thats no problem stealing the idea but if you find a way to do it GIMMIE lol

Rep:
Level 86
Just use an event running on parallel process, have it set a variable to character's map Y, and break up the stages of tint like so:

@> Control Variables: [0002:PlayersY] = Player's Map Y
@> Conditional Branch: Variable [0002:PlayersY] == # (whatever to map Y is you want  the tint to change at)
      @>Tint Screen (0,0,0,0), @60
      @>
 :    Else
      @>
 :    Branch End

Then just copy the Conditional Branch as many times as you want to change your tint.
Spoiler for:

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ahh that works. :D

seeing as its GIAW and im running low on time ill just tint the screen to one color for now :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 04:32:37 PM by ahref »