RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[SOLVED (Sort of)]Mission Screen Script

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
Mission Screen
15/3 2008

Summary
My idea is pretty simple actually. You have got an event (NPC, Switch, Button etc.) that you click on, then "Where do you want to go?" or "What mission would you like to go on?". The script should then create a full-screen window box, and you should be able to select different missions, just like the normal choice mode.
Then it would start out by showing 1 mission, but you could easily add more.
All it should do when you click on the missions is to go to a map. That way, you could easily sort your missions in map groups.

Features Desired
  • Working mission selector
  • Create more missions easily by modifying the script

Mockups
EDIT: Deleted crappy ASCII graphics, here's an image:

Games its been in
  • Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness (The game had a dimensional gate, where you could choose where to go on a mission.)

Did you search?
Yes.

Where did you search?
  • Alltheweb
  • Google

What did you search for?
  • Rmvx Mission Screen
  • Rmvx Mission Script
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:06:54 PM by gameo »
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
Responded to PM. Also PM'ed modern to check the thread.

Updated first post with mockup.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 12:34:18 AM by gameo »
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
bumpety bumpety bump. :)
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright, it looks pretty easy. I am working on a Quest Journal type script now, so I can probably whip something up. What do you want to happen when a mission is complete? Does it disappear from the list?
 Or does something come up to note it's completeness? If so, what?

The way I understand it is that you can select a single mission to go on and then that is your scheduled mission. You cannot select another one until after that one is complete. Once complete, it disappears from the list and you select another mission. Can you quit a mission you are currently on? If you can, can you select it again or is it gone forever?

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
Good questions modern.  ;)

You select a single mission and then that is the only one you can be on. When a mission is complete, it shouldn't disappear, it should remain on the list, but marked with a V. You know like _/ or something, it's hard to type on a keyboard :)
You can't quit a mission that you are currently on. That would answer the last question too.

EDIT: By reading your posts, playing WoW and answering your questions, i got an idea. What if the "Main Leader" NPC transported you to different areas, and you could get quests from npc's in these areas? If you have ever played WoW, you know what i mean.

It would be quite simple actually, and could be done mostly with events. The only thing that would need to be scripted would be a quest log/journal. Because you would get the quest from an npc, activate a switch, and that switch would make her say something like "finished yet?" and update the quest log. When you are then done with the quest, you would activate another switch which would update the quest log to say "Complete" and make the npc finish the quest. Then, when you are done talking to the npc the quest would vanish from the quest log, and the npc would just thank you or something whenever you came by.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 08:15:35 PM by gameo »
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
I'm not impatient, if you feel like it's too hard or haven't got so much time on your hands, then it's all fine. :)

I'll figure something out, but please respond to me if you can.
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I apologize - I don't think I have any time to do it. I am working on other things currently.

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
That's alright. :)

I'll just add [UNSOLVED] at topic title then.
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
After digging around even more, i managed to find a port to VX of this http://deadend.antwanmedia.co.uk/rpg-maker-vx-scripts/quest-script-v22.

Even though it's missing a tutorial or instuction manual etc. i'll try to figure out how to use it, because it looks really cool.
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 97
Well, that's not very much like the system you're asking for. If you just wanted a quest script I could have directed you to mine in the database :)

Anyway, I'm glad you found something that works.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
The link's broken. This is a great idea, and I don't want to do it with "Show Choice" event commands. Would it be possible to update it or post a notepad document with the script or a demo?
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!