RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Some drawings

Rep:
Level 86
Since I'm kinda inactive here, I figured I might post my drawings or something so I don't feel stupid about visiting and requesting away instead of staying and so on.

Luna: (Started 3/7/08 and finished 3/8/08: 7 hours, but 3 hours off for sleeping)
Spoiler for:

As I haven't been drawing on photoshop recently, I figured I might begin drawing again. This was pretty challenging to me since I'm not used to drawing huge pictures, but more of tiny pictures. However, I had to make it huge since people could complain to me otherwise how it's so small and hard to see, so yeah. I started off as 1000x2000 originally while drawing, but I ran out of room. I resized the canvas size to 1000x3000 and I continued drawing and that came out as the result. I resized it to 500x1500 and I think the quality looks exactly like it did when it was huge. However, hands and feet are a huge pain to me so you can complain about those telling me how to improve those and so on. And as well, I also had a bit of trouble with the shading. I only drew on paper in black and white, never with color as I never did well with colors. They always screwed me up anyways.
A few notes with the picture. Some of you would say that the "bow tie" is too big. For real, it's just a butterfly bow tie thing on her head. Luna likes butterflies so much that she carries one on her head. The "writing" over her clothes stand for "moon," but they also count for Luna. If you ask about why there are strange colors in her hair, random parts of her hair are streaked for no reason, she just likes her hair colored like that.

Pack of drawings (Several Weeks Ago, I can't remember the date)
Spoiler for:

This was out of boredom while at school. I wanted to make up alot of random characters so I did. Three characters are actually characters I can remember (Luna, Alice, and Ciel) well and so on. The others are pretty much random (But Eva is in between). My personal favorites are Eva and Luna, but there are others too.
As a note, there are 3 people in there I did not draw. Batmen, and the "Angle" people (My friend wrote it wrong, it's supposed to be angel since I let them draw too) are not my drawings.

Umm .. so I guess I'd come back to post more pictures? I'd like to know what people who I don't really know yet think of my drawings so far, since I'm not that well of an artist.
By the way, please don't post saying "Needs improvement" and not specifying what's wrong. It drives me nuts to find out what to improve when I have no clue what to improve anyways.

Ciel-chan Sketch
Spoiler for:

A new drawing! But I'm not yet finished, which explains the incompleteness. I've spent a week drawing this, after much inactivity of drawing for a few months .. so it's been quite a bit since I have gone drawing. I like how my skills randomly improve. :)

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:40:07 PM by boe »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
You have a cute taste of art. I think you need to work on more in shading, did you use layers to draw them?
If you didn't, I suggest you to do shading with layers. Brush, eraser and smudge tools will help you a lot.
For proportion, I can't say much... I don't know how to explain it... T__T (I Will leave that to the others).

Keep learning by seeing other's drawings.

BTW, The kanji in the first pic, is that "Tsuki" (Moon)?
I guess it has something to do with your name. =)

Rep:
Level 86
Well, yeah. The kanji does mean moon. :)
As for the shading, I never really learned how to use the pen tool yet. I figured before I post my next drawing, I'll make another photoshop drawing with using the pen tool so I can make the shading nicer or something. Right after I posted this topic, I noticed a how to draw CG thread and got interested. It looks quite interesting, so I guess that might help me alot. :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
lol I thought the kanji was Chinese "moon".
They're the same, huh?
How peculiar. :lol:

I can see the eyes are emphasized, which is the uniqueness of your style of your drawing.
Good job on that!

However, I can't take my minds of the fingers, too chunky~
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
I didn't really think that Japanese and Chinese were kinda the same until weeks ago. :)
As for the eyes, they're how I usually make the eyes. The only problem is that I have a bad sense when I draw different people because the eyes are the same. If anyone could help with the eyes/hands/feet, that'd be nice. :)

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Japanese uses many Chinese characters.  So words like "moon" are written the same way in both Chinese and Japanese.

Not much more to add on what Emi said.  Just keep practicing and you'll get better.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Yup, just like what Al said. Even Kanji itself means "Kan" (Chinese) "Ji" (word), Chinese word.

There are two different pronunciations on how to read Kanji, Japanese pronunciation (KUN-YOMI) and Chinese
Pronunciation (ON-YOMI). That “Tsuki” (Moon) can also be read “Getsu/Gatsu” (Month). =)

For eyes, in manga/anime art, male eyes should be smaller than female, except that it’s a little boy. Hands are difficult to draw. You can start practice from drawing your hands first. Can say much, really… practice makes perfect.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
lol this is getting off-topic, my bad.
And just so you know, I'm Chinese~
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
I'm not really sure what to say now. I thought I'd get bad comments, but I guess not. I'm currently working on  another drawing and so far it's a hard time. I was hoping that I would be able to make another CG Drawing, but I have a hard time already so yeah.

Rep:
Level 86
Bump!
I was planning to update this topic with whatever art I have made .. but due to my inactivity, I couldn't do that normally. And now, I have a new drawing that I like alot. :)

Ciel-chan Sketch
Spoiler for:

A new drawing! But I'm not yet finished, which explains the incompleteness. I've spent a week drawing this, after much inactivity of drawing for a few months .. so it's been quite a bit since I have gone drawing. I like how my skills randomly improve. :)

I hope this is okay for a bump ..

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, you definitely seem to be improving.  Keep it up.