RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Announcing project TURBU.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Hi all.  Some of you who visit other RPG-creation communities may have already heard of my project in development, the TURBU engine.  For those who haven't, allow me to present the future of RPG creation.

The TURBU project is an RPG builder under development whose aim is to free developers from the narrow design limitations of the RPG Maker series.  The scripting power of RMXP has opened up a lot of new options for customizing a game, but writing custom battle engines, menu systems and even net-play APIs takes a lot of valuable time and effort that could be better spent improving the game itself.  My goal with TURBU is to build a library of engines of various different types, (map engines, battle engines, menu systems, etc,) make each of them as customizable as possible, and let the developer mix and match them to create an RPG to their liking.  All this, coupled with a powerful scripting language (with an event-builder frontend for those who aren't comfortable with scripting,) will allow game developers to concentrate much more on the game, and less on the development tool.

The project's still in the early stages of development.  I'm building the original engine set as a clone of the feature sets of RPG Maker 2000 and 2003, which will serve two purposes.  First, it'll get a basic game system built and running.  Second, it will allow developers to directly import RPG Maker projects and take advantage of the additional functionality TURBU will offer.  The thing I need most of all at this point is feedback.  What I'm doing right, what I need to improve, bug reports, feature suggestions I may not have thought of... that sort of thing.

The current engine is able to open any RPG Maker 2000 map (2003 uses a slightly different format that's not implemented yet) as long as all its graphics are in PNG format files only.  You can click to scroll around the map, and right-click to place Hero #1 from the database on the map.  The hero can activate events with the <Enter> button, and more than two-thirds of the event commands are currently implemented.  (That's what I'm working on now.)  <ESC> will bring up the menu, and <SPACE> opens a "debug console" window, allowing advanced users to check the status of switches and variables, and to enter script commands directly.

Any feedback of the non-flame variety would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mason Wheeler

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
I respect your dedication   :D

Thanks!  It takes a lot of dedication to do a project like this.  I just wish I didn't have so much homework, so I'd have more time to put into programming...

Rep:
Level 85
Props man it takes some time to do something like this.
Hours spent so far on RPG MAKER ONE PS1:210:34

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Well you need any help in someway give me a shout yeah? I would join your forum but some reason wont let me register =/ I did send a PM

ShadowOD:  I sent a response.  You didn't get it?

What I said was, I tested the sign-up and it works fine at my end.  What browser are you using?

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Sorry mate never got it =/

I'm using Safari atm, Might change back to Mozilla if it doesn't work agian, I'ma sign up and see.

Cheers man  :blizj:

Edit: No sorry man it keeps coming up with a blank box after i register, can't register at all.

Can't you make an account under ShadowOD? laters man
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:39:15 PM by ShadowOD »

So you tried to register under Firefox and it wouldn't let you?  That's very strange...

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
=/ I don't know whats going on man, It's being queer  :P

Hmm.  Well, the registration form works; the problem is elsewhere.

It's possible that you're on the black list.  I've had to place some bans to deal with spammers, and you might have coincidentally ended up included in one of them.  Can you send me a PM with your IP address (you can get it from www.whatismyip.com) and the email address you're trying to sign up with?  I'll check them against the lists and see if that's the problem.