RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Support Our Community! ~ contest ~

Poll

Which is the best way to raise money for RMRK? (will try to keep updated)

Selling RPG's we make
3 (50%)
Yard Sale/Ebay/Craigslist
0 (0%)
RMRK merchandise
1 (16.7%)
Selling magazines online
1 (16.7%)
Selling RPG's we make
0 (0%)
Continue relying on donations
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

This is NOT an official forum-sponsored contest

If any of you have read the forum news, you would know that it's not exactly free to host this place.

The unfortunate thing is not everybody has funds adequate enough to donate - myself included.

Being an international online community, we can't exactly have a bake sale.

Now, what to do?... that's where you come in!

Get those gears working in your brains, I want to see some real creativity with this one:

I propose a contest to see who can come up with the best way to raise money to support RMRK.

The winner will receive a hug from me (and any other willing member) as well as... well, I don't really know yet.

There are two ground rules -

• Do not suggest anything illegal
  • Do not make fun of anyone's suggestion

Humorous yet illegible suggestions include but are not limited to

1. Prostitution
2. Robbing Naphe
3. Holding Blaze hostage

And.... GO!
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I move to shoot down number 3. Who in their right mind would pay a ransom for Blaze?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)

1. Prostitution
2. Robbing Naphe
3. Holding Blaze hostage

Well damn, there goes my best suggestions. Anyway's...

Since we have a couple of good artists here on RMRK, we could always ask them to sell some commisioned work for the good of RMRK.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Draw Earthbound stuff and sell it to the starmen.net'ers!

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
have a yard sale. Get everyone to ebay old crap and donate the money to this place. They did that on another forum I went to before, someone sold their entire H collection of games and all that stuff, burned onto dvds and stuff, lol.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
We should sell all the fabulous games we make ~_~
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Selling Scripts and giving the money to Roph, but I don't really think there's anyone on RMRK who would pay for scripts :P

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I like #2. We should steal Naphe's 16TB server and sell it.
:tinysmile:

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Number 2 seems fun.

But I do agree about selling games, but only those games which are really, really made professionally (like, it doesn't contain any materials from sozai websites).

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Make RMRK merchendise???

It may cozt money to start with but the end result will be a gain???

I would honestly buy a RMRK T-shirt...

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Actually, we can use RMRK Universe for making money.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
In all seriousness, we could try selling magazines online or something similar. If everyone here got at least 3-4 friends or family members (preferably those who aren't associated with RMRK) to buy a magazine online, we could make a little bit of money without even having to leave our computers. All we'd need is for someone of age in the United States to deposit whatever check they get into their bank account, then donate all of the proceeds to RMRK via Paypal.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Have RMRK merchandise? Such as T-Shirts, caps etc.

Just an idea.

www.cafepress.com

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The problem with selling RMRK merchandise is that pretty much only RMRK members would buy them. If we had the kind of money to make AND buy our own t-shirts, why wouldn't we just cut the middleman and donate the money directly to RMRK?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Because they would see it as getting something for there money. Some members (not me, I donated twice) may think  they are getting nothing in return for donating. Merchandise at least gives them something in return for giving money to RMRK.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

1. Prostitution
2. Robbing Naphe
3. Holding Blaze hostage

what are you talking about I can read those just fine

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Perhaps he needs a dictionary? He probably means eligible. =o

But lool, I thought the same thing too when I read it.
:tinysmile:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I have talked to Roph about designing a mascot for RMRK.  And I've thought about creating prints, T-shirts, mugs and other items with it.  Since it would probably be a cute/cool/interesting mascot design (at least that is what I'd try), and if I advertise well, it could sell to not only the RMRK audience!  The people would wonder what the mascot is for, and some interest in RMRK would be generated.  Not only that, but if we make these products cool enough, they'd even buy them.  I am talking about not only the mascot, but also about cool and funny quotes.  You guys ALWAYS come with really good and funny ones.  So why not use them for this?

Not only we'd be raising some funds.  We would also bring new potential active members to the community, thus keeping it fresh and entertaining.

Just an idea.  :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
THAT sounds like a good idea. But who or what would we use as a mascot?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
A beautiful pink princess? :3
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 86
I suggest trying to hold an international rummage sale, Where members post items they are trying to get rid of/sell whatever, and have a forum where we post the items in there by the nation they live in. If someone wants to buy the item they can go thru paypal and the normal stuff, and that money that is gained off of the items can be used as donations. or however the user sees fit.

EDIT: I just seen monkey pretty much had the same idea in essence.

EDIT 2: If we go with Arwym, I think a good quote would be this. I think its short and just catchy enough to raise interest in rmrk.

"Wipe your feet on the way in."
                                                        -Irock

I mean its nothing special or quick witted, just curiousity raising, you know eye catching.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 02:20:15 AM by K.Rebel »
Monkeys work better than zombies.

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
We could open a RMRK Pub, lol

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
mascot, sounds good. I'd buy something if i liked it, i need a mug anyways.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I have some sketches and ideas.  I will work on them some more before saying anything.  :)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Uh, hold contests and add more advertisement that host the contest or sponsor them?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.