RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anybody need A website

Rep:
Level 86
hey my friend can build websites, like really good websites

http://www.deepdesigners.com
his current website is under construction.

he is very experience with flash and dreamweaver. And has built alot of very good looking websites. he is also very good a photoshop etc. His prices are very reasonable as well.

he also uses flash cs3, dreamweaver cs3, fireworks cs3, photoshop, premiere, after effects. cs3 is the latest version of those programs.
he can do graphic logos, backgrounds and other things which will look very prosfessional and be great for a game.

so if anyone needs a website built pm me and i will put you in contact with him
he does charge though.

http://www.oakgrovecollege.org.uk

he also made that website

thanks

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well, I wouldn't say that example is a REALLY GOOD web site. Not saying its bad, I'm not too skilled of a web designer myself.

Anyways this should be in advertisement, so I will move it.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I uh, don't like that example.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Me either x_x
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 86
There really isn't anything special that makes me want to buy his services. I can do enough HTML and PHP by myself now anyways to blow them out of the water. If your bro wants to sell his services more, he will need to do something unique, and have good reference materials to back him up.
Monkeys work better than zombies.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Me either x_x

Agreed.

There isn't anything about that example that makes me want to buy his services, or even for free really. :P

That site isn't horrible, but it's not spectacular.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Bleh, I don't like the example either. He could use some work.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
At the portfolio website:  Lack of style, organization and hierarchy.  Links leading to pages that do not seem to exist.  I know it's a work in progress.  And I know they teach you simplicity in design class.  But that is just too simple.  I say, tell him to finish his own portfolio before even offering his services. 

About the example:  It's like the others said, there is nothing impressive about it.  And I don't see the point in leaving all that blank space in the content area.  What is he going to add in there?  Also, he needs to work with his HTML.  He defines presentational 'attributes' (or properties? - forgot the right word) of elements in the code, when it should be done in the CSS stylesheet.  I'll just say, there is unnecessary code in there.  Is he using something like Dreamweaver, by any chance?

Either way, good luck.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:59:09 PM by Arwym Starlight »

Rep:
Level 88
I say, tell him to finish his own portfolio before even offering his services. 

Yea, I know someone else who needs to finish their portfolio site as well. x_X

Arwym hit the nail on the head.  Can't possibly agree anymore, nor put it any better.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I say, tell him to finish his own portfolio before even offering his services. 

Yea, I know someone else who needs to finish their portfolio site as well. x_X

Roph right?

:x

lol, it seems I was the only one trying to be nice here ;x

If you read his portfolio he "teamed" up with another company who had created the management system. and since the company looks legit, this project must have cost the school some $
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
I don't see anybody blatantly being mean.  I see some pointless comments, but that's beside the point. :P

I mainly see people critiquing work, which is what should be done. 

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I was just trying to go beyond the "I don't like it", because constructive criticism is is the type of feedback one needs to improve.  I also dislike when someone unprepared charges for their web design.  If I haven't tried to even open a portfolio or offer web design services, it is because I don't feel prepared for it.  And things will remain that way, as long as I am not ready to become a GOOD professional.

Sorry if my words sounded rude.  It was not the intention.