RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] - Cut Sceene/In game Avi script

Rep:
Level 86
Curiosity:
In the older versions of the RPG Maker it was possible to add video files to trigger in game cut scenes, via the events menu.  For some unknown reason this feature has been removed from the RPG Maker XP.

Reason:
I my self have no script experience/knowledge, I've used every RPG Maker from 95 to XP, so I tend to trick the system into doing what I want through the built in event system  (see also Rusty’s SoM battle system).  I've already built an action combat system including a D&D based Slash, Pierce, Crush Melee system, a ranged combat system, a crash magic system, stat bars, menus and various other things all with out coding, but this is ultimately because I don't know how and that has finally come back to bit me.

Attempt Impractical:
I’ve attempted to create a cut scene by inserting pictures and than switching them fast enough to mimic video, this worked, however it’s worlds more time consuming then simply making a flash movie, exporting it as avi (if that video would work), importing it into the engine and then having it play on command.

Search Failed:
I've done several web searches including this sight, but if it's out there I can't seem to find it.

Request:
I would like to request a Script that allows me to import video files into a game file and use them on command.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:37:43 PM by theozzman »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Thank you for using proper English, it's always nice to see some people passed English class.

I've seen an .avi script over at .org, but I personally suggest the flash script at hbgames.org, so you can keep the filesize low.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you for your help and thank you for not being dismissive, I'm quite use to people insulting me for being thick when I ask such things, but I typically only use graphics and events I've set up my self, as such most of the stuff available on this board in script I have done on my own in a jerry-rigged format.  If you ever have a need for such things feel free to E-mail me.