RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
IRC connection problem

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
When I was using my home computer during my winter break, I was able to join the chat without any problems. But now that I've moved back to Chicago, I keep getting this message whenever I try to join:

Unable to connect : java.net.ConnectException : Connection timed out: connect

I'm assuming it's a problem with my computer rather than the server, but it couldn't be a problem with Java since Java seems to work fine for everything else. Anyone else have this problem? Or even better, anyone know how to fix this problem?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Try getting a new IRC client, that would fix any java error :)

Pidgin and X-Chat are said to be good.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Try using an IRC client? I'm not that tech savvy about this stuff but try using mIRC or Pidgin :I

EDIT fuck you Falcon >:0

Fuck you too
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:51:43 AM by Falcon »
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm positive that it's not a problem with Java. Also, I tried using Pidgen, but I was still not able to connect. It said:

Zylos@irc.rmrk.net disconnected
Couldn't connect to host

Am I doing somethin wrong, perhaps?

Rep:
Level 86
Since RMRK uses AcidChat, you could just go here, type /nick Zylos, then /j #crankeye.

:bean:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Same problem there as before. It just won't connect.

Rep:
Level 86
That's really quite odd to be honest with you. The only suggestion I have left would be to approach AcidChat staff about it.

Banned
Rep:
Level 91
I AM A MASSIVE FAGGOT
I'll go bug Jent about it.

Edit:
Looks like a problem with your internet, set your bandwidth limit higher. :l
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 10:28:18 PM by Wingard »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I think your internet is failing. :V

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'll go bug Jent about it.

Edit:
Looks like a problem with your internet, set your bandwidth limit higher. :l
lol bandwidth for irc, go learn internets

Zylos, Have a look at the sticky in this very forum =)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:05:28 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I looked there, but it didn't help. This is my problem:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I can only assume that the applet is somehow blocked on that computer. Same thing happens at school for me.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
try the temp chat that was setup during the server move: http://downloads.crankeye.com/tempchat/

Of failing that, just use a client =)
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
He said he already tried. :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I've tried several different clients AND the link Roph gave me, but they all had the same problem: no connection.

This is beginning to piss me off. My internet fails...

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This is irksome...Are you sure the site isn't accidentally blocked in your Internet options, or that it isn't in a mistrusted sites list or something?