RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Final Knights: The Story

Rep:
Level 88
Here is my game idea in story form. Well, part of it. I'm not finished typing the whole thing. Anyway, I'm no great author, but I think its decent.

Chapter 1
Spoiler for:
   A sixteen year old boy walked through the door into his house. "I'm hungry..", the boy said as he proceeded to open a bag of chips. "I hate math. Why do I have to have so much of it?" As he grumbled to himself, his mother and his sister came in. "You guys are too slow."
   "Vince, you ran all the way from the car." His sister sounded perturbed.
   "So? You are the one who likes to run, Jin. Besides, I drove you guys here." He said, "Hey, I thought you had a track meet today."
   "It was canceled because of last night's storm." Jin said, a little annoyed. "Anyway, I have some work to do." And with that she went to her room.
   "Speaking of work," his mother said, "You have some homework to do, right?"
   "Yeah, but-" Vince was cut off.
   "Go do it." his mother ordered.
   "Alright." Vince went to his room. After about an hour, Vince played games with Jin.
   "Haha! Beat you!" Vince proclaimed. "Hey, no fair!" Jin protested, "you play these games all the time! Can't you go a little easy? Oh well, I'm done for the day." She said as she left the room.
   Sore loser, Vince thought, I was going easy. I guess I'll just play that RPG. Why haven't I beat it yet? He began playing it. He played it till the phone rang. It was Mae, his best friend.
   "Hey, Vince" Mae said, "Tomorrow's your birthday, right?"
   Oh yeah, Vince remembered, My birthday is tomorrow. "Yeah, we'll come over here after school."
   "Alright, sounds like fun!" Mae said, "I'll tell everyone else. See you tomorrow!" And with that, Vince hung up. It's late, Vince thought. So he decided to go to sleep.
   The next day, Vince drove to school. When he got there he was met by all of his friends. It was going to be another boring day, everyone thought. But, at least the weather was different. It was the first time in a month that it was cloudy.
   "Finally, some shade!" the black haired boy, Sinu said with much joy, "I was getting sunburned from just going outside during break!"
   "Yeah, and its too damn hot." Rose, one of Vince's older friends, said.
   "I don't know what you guys are talking about." said Caleb, a boy with short blond hair. "I love the sun, and the heat feels good!"
   "I have to agree with him," Sam, the other older friend, agreed, "I think it feels nice when its warm."
   "Warm is one thing," Sonya, the newest girl to the group, said, "But hot is just horrible!"
   "I don't really care." Jin said, "I'm going inside."
   "That sounds like a good idea..." Mae said, "I'm sick of all the heat."
   "Alright, lets go..." Something caught Vince's eye. It looked like a person. Wait, we're at school. Of course there is people here, Vince shrugged it off.
   All day went the same as any other day. After school, Vince was ready to go home. Once again, he almost forgot it was his birthday. His birthday had never been a major concern all his life. Him and all his friends packed into his small car and left for his house.
   It was five miles to his house. Almost home, he thought, then I can just play with my friends, and get on the computer. There was some construction on the road ahead. Damn, Vince thought, guess I'll have to take that dirt road. He turned off onto a dusty road. His friends all talked among themselves and complained that they were cramped. Vince tried to ignore them since the dirt road was a little tricky to drive down. All of a sudden, it started to rain. Aw man, Vince thought, this is gonna make it even harder to get home. As he rounded a curve the rain poured even harder. He could barely see ten feet ahead of him. When he saw the flooded part of the road, it was too late. He hit it going too fast and skidded out of control across the water. Trying to keep it under control, Vince carefully slowed down the car. But, it was no use, they were headed towards a ditch.
   The next thing Vince knew was him picking himself up off the steering wheel.
   "Is everyone okay?" Vince asked. Everyone mumbled a painful "yes". Vince got out of the car to see if the car was seriously damaged. Nothing big, he thought, it'll still be able to run. He got back in and turned the key. After a few long stutters, the engine finally came to life. Vince tried to back out. It was a stupid idea, Vince decided when he realized he was stuck.
   "Looks like we're walking." Vince said with a sigh. "It's not too much further." And with that, everyone left the stranded vehicle. After about five minutes, the rain started to let up. But, Vince noticed something. The ground was... Shaking? It didn't make any sense. Earthquakes don't happen around here. He watched as small rocks began to jump around in the mud. And then, it happened. The ground lurched up and cracked open. The force of the explosion sent Vince and his friends flying. Vince landed furthest from the newly formed hole in the earth. He got himself up and ran to the chasm. He looked down and saw a giant vortex.
   "What the hell-?" Vince cut himself off when he saw Sinu falling into the vortex. "Sinu!" Sinu fell unconscious into the vortex. "Damn." Vince looked for the rest of his friends. He saw Rose holding onto a ledge on the other side of the gaping hole. He started to run over to help her, but the ledge gave way before he could get there. He then noticed a strange pulling sensation. The vortex was geting stronger! He watched helpless as his friends fell in, one by one. After everyone had fell in, he went to the edge. What is this? Vince thought. He paused for a moment. My friends are all I have... The ledge gave way.

More chapters to come soon. You can see parts that I have left out of the game. (i.e. The car.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:05:03 AM by boe »