RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Heath Ledger - Drug overdose

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Heath Ledger (from Knight's Tale, and the new upcoming Batman movie) was pronounced dead today.  Apparently from drug overdose.

Here is more on the story:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01222008/news/regionalnews/heath_ledger_dead_916418.htm
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Everyone I know seems to think this is the biggest news they've ever heard.

I could care less.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
it's sad,,cuz I liked the guy  :'(
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It's sad on a level of being human. "Oh someone died, that's sad" and then you move on.

It's only really sad when someone dies if you were close to them in real life.

I'll give you that it's a bit strange - if you had asked me who I thought would be the next famous person to die he would not have been one of my top picks.

EDIT: I'm not belittling your topic or anything, just saying I don't see why people make such big deals over these sorts of things.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&vid=9deb3598-6e2c-4ec9-869f-7e7a25d22bd0&from=im_m_18-24

I respected this man as a person and an actor. This is such a shame....

For some of you who don't recognize him, he was the main character in the movie "A Knights Tale", and was in "Broke back Mountain" and he was starring as the Joker in the new batman movie....

*Raises a toast*

Let's just hope he comes back alive like Nikki Sixx, eh....?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
He was a good man :aryan:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
Wasn't he the actor who played Gabriel in "The Patriot"?

Rep:
Level 87
That too, that was one more I forgot.

More to the list of movies:

Ten Things I Hate About You

Monster's Ball

Two Hands

I'm Not There

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I heard someone mention this in passing, but it didn't seem serious.
...It seems just yesterday that I was disapproving of his casting as the Joker.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
It's curious.  The other day I was at work as cashier, and saw his face in the newspaper's cover every time a customer bought a copy.  But I never cared to read what the news was about because I thought, might be just some interview on a new role he is going to play.

Then today, when I was about to leave the car and enter my house, I hear the news on the radio.  I was a little shocked.  Don't know why.  Many celebrities die, anyway.  They are people like us, after all.  But you know, he was still young.

I really liked Heath Ledger as an actor.  The last time I saw him on a movie was some months ago, in Cassanova, movie that I really enjoyed.  He made such a lovely performance, and really liked how he spoke in that movie.

So, even if he wasn't someone close...  May he rest in peace.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Man... That's sad... I wanted to watch the Batman movie. Is it still coming out?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
They already finished filming a while back, so they technically don't really need Heath Ledger anymore. As sad as it is, the movie will still come out, because the producers are not about to cancel a $150 million dollar project just because an actor died.

I'm told that they will dedicate the movie to his memory.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I'm sure his family or those who close to him will be sad even more by watching him in his last movie.

Well..obviously, I wouldn't smile while I watch him and think 'Oh this guy is dead in real'.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Well..obviously, I wouldn't smile while I watch him and think 'Oh this guy is dead in real'.

In the spirity of creepy irony, he's going to be smiling throughout the whole performance.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Which will be his role in the movie?

Rep:
Level 87
His role is The Joker.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Oh!  Now I get the smiling comment.  :o

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I bet his last words were to the bottle of pills.

"I wish I knew how to quit you..."

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
i liked the guy and thought he was a good actor, he was an upcoming star.

R.I.P Heath