RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need Opinions

Rep:
Level 86
I'm farely new to rpg maker XP and I need some opinions. I just made this map does it look good for starters.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/bladester123/Gamescreen1.jpg

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's a start, but mapping tutorial/improvement/screenshot threads are the best place to be for you right now, since most of the things that will be commented about beginning maps like that are posted there, and you can absorb quite a lot of tips from them. :) There are a lot to be said about it, such as the straightness of the river, etc., but again, tutorials will explain them all at this stage.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Not bad for a start, but check out some mapping tutorials.

Rep:
Level 86
great thanks for the replys. I'll look up some mapping tuts

Rep:
Level 86
Ok I worked on it with the help of a tut. Heres the edited map.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/bladester123/screen4.jpg

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
I personally liked the river in the first one but everything else is better in the second screenie
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I agree with Havick.  In the second one, although the river isn't straight, it takes on a more man-made feel of curving at the same place on both sides.  On the first one it showed more randomness.  Try and incorporate both good points of each river together to make a less straight and equally wild river.
For the grass, try and add darker grass or dirt ptches to take away the solid green layer of grass you have. 
Trees are good in the second one.
Speaking of man-made structures it wouldn't make sense for the path to not be beaten on both sides of the bridge.  Why would the path only be on one side?  Have it following bas a road would, maybe even reaching to the tent, if you intended the tent to have been there long enough for the occupants to have beaten the ground towards it.
Don't be afraid to add more flowers/weeds or tall grass or such, but don't let them lump together in squares.  As the tutorials all say, keep them random too.

I realise i may have been overly critical considering it's your (first?) map, but you asked for opinions and suggestions.  I am suggesting everything i can think of that would improve on it is all.  Hope i helped either way....

Rep:
Level 86
I agree with you Brady which is why I've done some more edits. Hope you like it

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg199/bladester123/screen5.jpg

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
Much better ;8
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

Rep:
Level 86

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Your last one looked great keep it up ;D

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Delete that shitty map and read some real tutorials, that thing is horrible. Play some games with good mapping also.

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Little harsh dont you think thats his/or her first one thats not bad for the first one he's going to need experiance to be a better mapper tut cant do everything for you not to be offencive or anything

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I can be a lot more offensive, and I think I will be, since he sent me a PM.

It's a good suggestion, the basic part of the map is wrong, the water is poor, two tiles are used right next to each other,  I'd scrap that map and start over.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Really, read more mapping tutorials or check out the good maps on the screenshot thread.
Nature is random, and I see a pretty much a perfect-lined river and too few trees.

This is for your own good. ;)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
DarkNight,,what do YOU think of your own map?
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

Rep:
Level 86
I made it better look at my newest screenshot before you insult me

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
DarkNight,,what do YOU think of your own map?
I Agree If you like it then ya but your new nobody should expect it to be perfect it was a month before I even made a fairly decent map when I started

Rep:
Level 86
yeah I'm new to mapping you should think before you post something like that falcon. Thats hardly helping a newb mapper I bet you sucked at mapping the first time too.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Delete that shitty map and read some real tutorials, that thing is horrible. Play some games with good mapping also.

Seconded.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 86
Anski your a loser get out of here

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Every one starts somewhere just dont listen to them take advise from someone who won't insult you mmmm maybe ask nouman or sumthin he's stait foward and palite about it he helped me out alot when I started on this site

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I can chill in your thread if I want.

:froghat:

Rep:
Level 86
ok but if you flame I will flame you right back.

Rep:
Level 98
I wasn't flaming?

I clicked onto this thread, read through it all, saw both of your screenshots then realized instead of typing something about it, Falcon had a better answer so I just agreed with him.

Freedom of speech, whoo-a