RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Team Needed.

pokeball DOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Project [Name]
Sadly, I still need a name, but the name can come later on =).

Info About Me

Hi everyone, just a little info about me. I'm new to the forums, I'm sure you all can see that =p, and have been playing around with RPGMakers since 2003 and the PS versions. I've done programming before with other languages including programming in RPGMakers. I'm also a graphic designer, I do animations, graphics, and so on.

The Idea

So, I had an idea about creating a game, with RPGMaker, with the idea based on the anime Death Note. Although It won't be exactly like the anime, but there will be bits and pieces from the anime that will be recognizable in game. This includes similar ideas from the anime itself. I don't want to release too much information here but I do have the idea on how it works and what will happen etc etc. I just wanted to see if I could attain some help from people that might also be interested. I can say that this game won't be just hack and slash, or get into battles, level up, and then fight bosses etc etc. It will still pertain to the fact that it is based off the anime and will have have a unqiue way (I THINK!) in winning and beating the game or losing the game. Although the game idea IS PROBABLY cliche, but what game isn't really?  :D (I'm still thinking of ways to make it more interesting and unique)

So What's This Thread for?

The purpose of me making this thread, was to ask if anyone would be interested in helping me create the game. At the moment, I honestly do not know what exact positions that I require, I'm still in the planning process and trying to figure out the whole game itself. In the end, I know I will be needing people who can, map, sprite, character designs, possibly midis, but I'll see what happens.  :D When I do know exactly what positions I need, I will update this thread. But as of right now, I want to know if anyone would be interested in helping me plan the story, the ideas, features of the game, possibly things that might or might NOT work out =).

The Game (UPDATE)

I believe I will tell some of what the game would be like or possibly be like. I'm not totally sure if RPGMaker's engine can do this but I believe it can, logically anyways. =). For people who have watched the anime know that the book itself can kill people etc etc, there are shinigamis. I plan to have it differ from the story in the anime but still contain what Death Note is about. The details are still fuzzy here because I have yet to think through everything. I will make it so that the main character (you) can get names from npcs and you can be able to "kill" them off in the game just like the anime. Their will be a lot of npcs hopefully and each of them will be different. In the anime, the character requires a name and a face. It will be like that in the game. You would need to talk to the NPC that you feel like killing and you'll get a questions to ask, or answers to answer the NPC if they ask you something. Depending on the NPC the way to get their names will differ. Just like in the anime, you need to be a detective and find out their names by asking questions that don't seem too obvious but probing. The questions that you can ask will be options to pick etc etc. I think this could be done, but it would just require a lot of variables and such. Getting their names also depends on asking how you answer their questions if they (the NPC) asks you any. Since you could kill anyone, depending on if you kill innocent or criminals, the police will start to investigate the killings sooner or later. (Depending on how well you asked your questions to NPCs or how you killed them :D). The probability of being caught by the police, thus POSSIBLY ending the game depends on how to avoid the police or how you answer their questions. I haven't figured out if the game will end if you get caught but probably not. I will probably allow you to be able to break out somehow... Since this will be an RPG, their will be random battles, bosses, etc etc. I haven't thought this part quite through yet but I think you will be able to fight certain NPCs if you do not want to get their name. Now this is mostly the basis of what the game is technically like.

The RPG aspect of the game is like almost any other RPG game. The story I will probably go with is that a Shinigami wants to take over the human world, so he sends his minions, monsters etc etc into the world. Thus random battles will occur everywhere besides some places. This part is still abit fuzzy to me, the RPG side of the game anyways. Although I can say that you can either, help the take over the world, kill him to save the world, or take the world over for yourself.

This is pretty much the gist of what I have planned, like I said I haven't fully thought out every single possible detail of the game, but I think this is a good start to it anyways lol :D. I think this will be an interesting game hopefully o-O. Its more than your conventional run around, level up, battle bosses till the end, this makes it more fun I think... lol :D

Contact

So, hopefully I sparked interest in a few people... or not hehe. But if I did, you can contact on MSN, at ryousuke @ gmail.com, I'm usually on  :D I hope I didn't forget anything in my post, if I did I'm sorry, but you can always ask me on MSN. Peace all! =)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:07:28 PM by D »

Rep:
Level 88
Death Note? Nice. ;8

Good luck with this. I might think about helping once I see more info. ;D

pokeball DOffline
lol. I do have the whole idea and stuff, I just didn't want to post the whole thing incase someone decided to steal the idea for themselves =/ If ya like me to contact you to discuss it I don't mind =) If you want anyways lol  :D

Rep:
Level 88
I've never seen anyone here get their idea stolen, but alright. I understand.

I'm tired right now, so I'll ask for info tomorrow. ;)

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I'm a fan of death note, but not the ending...
Just wondering...the ending won't be like the anime right?

pokeball DOffline
I've never seen anyone here get their idea stolen, but alright. I understand.

I'm tired right now, so I'll ask for info tomorrow. ;)

Yaa, I can understand that most likely it won' t be stolen lol, I guess I will post the whole concept idea soon =)

I'm a fan of death note, but not the ending...
Just wondering...the ending won't be like the anime right?

Nope, the ending will be different. I plan to have 3 different endings or more depending how things work out.  :D

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Do you want to make the game likes ones by A.I. Project?

pokeball DOffline
I don't think I seen their games.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
They're simulations.
I ask if you want to make the system similar to them, so the choices will affect the ending.

http://www.cursedmoons.com/

pokeball DOffline
Ohh, yeah I'm going to make it so whatever choice(s) you make during the gameplay will somehow affect what ending you will get.  :D, If you do one thing, and do another, the ending you might get might have changed or might not.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Hmm... I see.
Good luck then.
Too bad I can't help. I can't draw Death Note.

pokeball DOffline
Hmm... I see.
Good luck then.

What do you mean you can't draw Death Note? o-O

pokeball DOffline
Anyone else interested? o-O

pokeball DOffline
Updated with the game idea :D

Rep:
Level 88
Hm... Seems pretty nice. If you want, I can help with mapping and if you get stuck with the story. Just give me a ring if you need anything. ;D

pokeball DOffline
Haha awsome! :D. Any help is great. Do you got MSN or something that we can talk about this on? lol.

Rep:
Level 88
Hm... Well, it'd be easiest for me if you'd just use the PM on this site. I usually use my MSN for good friends. But, we can use my MSN if you really think we should. It's finalknightvin@hotmail.com

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
You maybe shoulda PMd him your msn address....creepy people and all  (shifts eyes suspiciously)

Rep:
Level 88
Meh, I can be creepier than most of the creeps around here. And theres a button below your avatar that has your MSN... So no point in hiding it. ;8

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Dang...defeated by public profiles......one, nil creepy people......for now  O_O

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Hmm... I see.
Good luck then.

What do you mean you can't draw Death Note? o-O

I ever tired to draw  Death Note fanart but ended up failing.

pokeball DOffline
Ohhh. ic ic lol