RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
! time events (ending them)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I found a topic i think was similar to this, but i was still kinda unsure.

I have an event (a jar, click it, get an item) and i've realised that you can just keep clicking it to get the item again and again and again.

In short, i want to know how to get it to be a 1 time thing, you can only use it once then it's gone forever.

Forgive me for asking more, but i am just learning from scratch, i don't even know what switches or variables or anythin' are so can you try to keep it simplish?

Also, if there's an easier way than events to do what i'm tryin' to do, i'm game to do that too....i just need help here.... :-[

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Forgive me for asking more, but i am just learning from scratch, i don't even know what switches or variables or anythin' are so can you try to keep it simplish?
That just proves your ignorance. If you know the term "switches" and/or "variables," go search them up. "self-switches" might be better. The search bar is a rectangular area where you input text to have the computer find something. It's in the upper right hand corner.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Proves?  I kinda admitted it, yeah.
I've seen them in the event window, but when i clicky it just asks for variables and switches and more of the same...i cannot work out what to do with them and i can't find a help thingy in the program...i've just been self-learning up until now, but i'm stumped on this one......self-switches you say?  Can't find that anywhere........