RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMVX Charsets!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Well, I was a little hard on the resource creators at my site xD but it pays off!

Pinedax has made (by cropping screenshots and stuff) a RMVX charset template and he and other resource creators are already making RMVX Resources

http://www.rmrevolution.com/rpg-maker-resources/rmvx-charsets/
More to be added soon.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
 :tpg: feakin kewl  :o

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Cool, at least we will have loads of resources ready for when RMVX comes out!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the resource creators have made these resources unique to RMRevolution, so D:

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I don't sprite, and I'm even going to attempt something. X_X

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah that pretty amazing!

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
That avatar looks incredibly familiar, I think Roph had it.  Lol, I hate when I see an avatar I've seen before, makes me automatically think it's the original person posting. 

There are a few more sets already completed, and quite a few more in the process. :P

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
So only RMRevolution people can have the finished stuff? := Damn ._.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, no, you just have to go to rmrevolution to get all the charsets. They won't be posted anywhere else. The ones that are posted here are for advertisement purposes I believe.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
Oh, are they copyrighted or something? <.<

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Well, no, you just have to go to rmrevolution to get all the charsets. They won't be posted anywhere else. The ones that are posted here are for advertisement purposes I believe.

:P

no, you can use them, just they can't be included in another sites Resource database.

Anyone can use them!  :D

Rep:
Level 86
I have seen a couple character sets for RMVX now and I have a question. Does the heads look a lot bigger than other versions. I have downloaded some of the sample videos and it looks amazing, but I just wonder about the character spritesets. :)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
the Japanese trial for the game is released, check it out ^^

Rep:
Level 86
Downloaded the Japanese trial version and explored it a little last night. It is quite cool. I have to admit that it is a little strange working with the five tilesets and like no separate layers. I know that the events are one setting. I do think the circle fill and the rectangle fill is also a cool add on. I also noticed depending on how you lay some of the tiles the shadowing is self-creating based on the objects it is next to and the priority that they receive. It was also quite cool to use the boat and the airship like right off the back in the sample game that is included. I just wish I could understand Japanese :)

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
I do think the circle fill and the rectangle fill is also a cool add on.

You can do that in rmxp  :-\
But yeah the airship and boat is pwetty good! Can't wait to start with the English version lol.

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
Looking PDA, I also messed around with the japanese trial a bit, but my japanese is kinda bad, especially kanji. So I won't bother trying to make games in it yet, till February I'll stick to RMXP.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
I think the cool thing about rmvx is that they pretty much put rm2k3 and rmxp together (except the battle system :( ) But ya i have the trial version and im excited to try it out in Feb :blizj:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
You could do circle\rectangle fill in rm2k3...and i'm pretty sure rm2k as well.....

I'm kinda worried now///same layer editing?  Five tilesets?  Battle System? Anyone know if it's worth waiting for rmvx to come out in English or would i be better just gettin' rmxp?

And yeah, those charsets looked nice.  Would be bitchin' to use much cleaner lookin' sprites than the blocky rm2k3 ones.

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
And yeah, those charsets looked nice.  Would be bitchin' to use much cleaner lookin' sprites than the blocky rm2k3 ones.
I agree with you but it depends on what you excactly whant for your game to have to say wich would be better but i think personly this one (rmvx) would be better cause you could just custome make you graphics to look like rmxp and you can use scripts to change the battle system but i dont understand why every time it seems like  a new RPG Maker comes out the battle systems get worse eh oh well thank god for scripts i guess lol  ;)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
That sounded almost like the thingy doesn't give the ooption of good battling systems.  i like side-view with the wee battle sprite dudes.  i like that a lot...it's better.  If i can't do that on xp / vx i may just have to live without ever getting them.  Screw all the advantages, that is as important as anything else.  Tell me..make me happy and tell me that in xp and/or vx you can use side-view battle?

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
If you want i have a really good side view battle system that im using i could give you

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I should make Mega Man :V

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
@ FallenAngel: in xp / vx?  That'll be a script then?  Does that mean you need scripts for sideview?  I only have rm2k3 right now.  i don't want to pay money to get it if i can't get certain things, one of which being side-view battle, so i'm trying to research whether either one of the newer ones are worth it or not...

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Rmxp so XP and yes in xp and vx you can not have side view battle system without Scripts or editing them as far as I know. But if you want it i'll PM it to you so this daosnt get off topic lol more than it is  ;D oh if you use rmxp postality knights enhanced edition its the same as the one that costs money but its free! lol
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:38:10 PM by Fallen Angel »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'd rather pay for it.  I don't generally use ripped/pirate stuff because i like the extra wee things like better community/bug fixes and the like that the propers give you.  I'm waitin' till vx comes out here / til i've finished my game on rm2k3 to see if getting the new ones are worth it or not.  If that script you have works in vx and xp (or i could get one for vx easily (AND understand how to use scripts  :-\)) then i guess it'd be worth it.  xp always looks so clean and well-done next to my 2k3 stuff.
But yes...we're totally off-topic now....this was probably my fault to begin with so i'll just mosey for now....