RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Gamevice.net Site Mockup, <- review. [VERSION 3 ADDED]

Poll

Which WIP version?

VERSION 1
0 (0%)
VERSION 2
7 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 7

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Haha... Looks nice! :) Can you try putting the nav bar on the left because I'm more used to it there and I want to see if it looks better XD

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Add V3 to the poll!  ^^

Rep:
Level 87
Weird~

I still prefer V2.  :tpg:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
For some reason, after looking at V2 closely, it seems to me like V2 is more readable (easier on the eyes, to be exact) than V3.  Maybe a few tweaks in V2, and you have a great design.  Just a sudden thought, though...  I could change my mind.

Rep:
Level 87
For some reason, after looking at V2 closely, it seems to me like V2 is more readable (easier on the eyes, to be exact) than V3.  Maybe a few tweaks in V2, and you have a great design.  Just a sudden thought, though...  I could change my mind.

Indeedy. Just tweak V2, Nouman, and you'll be set.
Then we can focus on how I'd like reviews done if that is okey dokey.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The blue behind the headlines (Recent News, Categories, Featured Review, etc) on V2 looks much nicer.

The text, Join The Newsletter and Join The Forums looks a lot better on V3. It's too bold on V2.

Categories might not be too bad on the home page. It makes things a bit simpler to find, but I recommend adding more categories.

Put the navigation in some sort of order. Maybe "Wii - 360 - PS3 - DS - PSP - PS2 - Xbox - Gamecube." "Wii - 360 - PS3" would be the next gen consoles in order by sales, and they are the active home consoles. "DS - PSP" would be in order by sales, and they are the active handheld systems. "PS2 - Xbox - Gamecube" would be in order by sales, and they are the last gen consoles.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:43:04 AM by Irock »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
when new versions come out, they are tweaks of their previous versions.

anyways, I see the faults in this version myself, I will fix them when I get time and put a new version up, or edit v3. also irock, the game names a lined (for the most part) the way SuperPhillip wants. Also I </3 the blue barriers.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
LOL @ Legends of Irocks Mom

Version 2, definitely.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
*puts on mustache*

V2 FTW!  ;8

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
new logo, yes or no?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Mind putting it in a version? That way we can see how it adds on. :P

EDIT: I see it. It looks coool.

Rep:
Level 87
Looks good to me. Let's save it for a later and use the old one for now.
Are we ready to do a review template?

We're very excited.  :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Rep:
Level 87
Whatcha workin' on now?  :tpg:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well nothing at the moment. (tests scheduled before breaks suck)
Also I want to get some more work done for my client Koreru, I've really put their site off for too long and he's been to nice to me so I should at least get another page design to him.

What's next for gamevice?

1. Makeover to V2
2. I have more design ideas than just what you see, I want to try and make another mock version with what I visualize in my head.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Cool. Not that it concerns me, of course.

Sidenote: Alert Arrow's site that there's a typo:

"BIIIIIIIG THANKS TO NOUMAN, who is still heling me with all of my dumb questions. "

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Cool. Not that it concerns me, of course.

gamevice concerns everyone at rmrk ^^ it will take a large community like this to get it off to a good start. I would love for EVERYONE to be interested!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Rep:
Level 87
well nothing at the moment. (tests scheduled before breaks suck)
Also I want to get some more work done for my client Koreru, I've really put their site off for too long and he's been to nice to me so I should at least get another page design to him.

What's next for gamevice?

1. Makeover to V2
2. I have more design ideas than just what you see, I want to try and make another mock version with what I visualize in my head.

School is way more important, so good luck with that!
And help out Koreru. He looks like he's been waiting for a while.

Then start a review template! Arrrr! I have one on SuperPhillip Central, and the folks like having pictures and captions sprinkled throughout reviews followed by the recap section.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I have some ideas for that page, but I don't want to start anything Until I know what's possible with wordpress and once I have the homepage fully done.

I work taking one step at a time.  :)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
We will support GameVice, friend.  We will.  :)

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O

Lol, in a matter of two days you've asked him quite a few times to get started on the review page.  The point of this thread is to get feedback on the HOMEPAGE, which obviously isn't done yet.  Doesn't it make sense to do the homepage first, and actually finish it before you start another?  Even if he was actually being paid for this job, that has to be irritating.

Anyways..

Nouman, I <3 v2.  Also, I like the older logo better. :]

Rep:
Level 87

Lol, in a matter of two days you've asked him quite a few times to get started on the review page.  The point of this thread is to get feedback on the HOMEPAGE, which obviously isn't done yet.  Doesn't it make sense to do the homepage first, and actually finish it before you start another?  Even if he was actually being paid for this job, that has to be irritating.

Anyways..

Nouman, I <3 v2.  Also, I like the older logo better. :]

So about that review template...

Seriously though, we like the site the way it is now.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 07:14:41 AM by SuperPhillip »

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Looks awesome Nouman!
And I can totally understand it.  :D