RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Turnabout

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
EDIT: (No I wasn't finished. I was typing up this testimony WHILE you were waiting.) Fine. When I first got onto the site, I took topics and posts and insults directed towards me, seriously. I was raised from websites where you're supposed to take that stuff seriously, so naturally, I had no idea that people were just joking around. So I got angry, and I got more angry when the moderators joked with them, because I was raised from sites where the moderators suspend members who joke around like that. So naturally I was very surprised to see moderators joking with them. And I couldn't figure out why people insulted me more when I got angry at them for insulting me in the first place.

Over time, I learned that insults are not to be taken seriously. But I was still trying to learn to differentiate between what's serious, and what's not. And when I didn't figure that out, I only got angry again. And insulted again. Eventually, that led to this section. Created in the hopes that I would act like the old me. (That's just MY understanding.) Regardless of that, I tried to make this section semi-functional.

In the last few days, I've finally learned to stop taking insults seriously. The only thing I'm concerned with right now on this site, is that I might have lost you as a friend, Tezuka. The only thing that makes me angry, is that you're attempting to get me kicked out of my section. Honestly, I would have thought that someone who originally wanted to make me less serious, and make me a functioning rmrk member, is now trying to make it worse. Tezuka, I miss having you as a friend. And that's the only thing that's bothering me at this point, because I have no idea if you're trying to help me, or just eliminate me.

As for RMRK's credibility, of COURSE I had an issue with it IN THE BEGINNING. I didn't KNOW any better. But now I'm over that. I had no idea insults were supposed to be funny, now I know they are, and I no longer blame RMRK for it.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Oh sorry NAMKCOR, looks like Animefan isn't finished, let me finish his last testimony first.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

that's perfectly alright, I can wait..

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
That was it. My longer post that I just made before this one is my testimony.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Quote from: Animefan's statement
So I got angry, and I got more angry when the moderators joked with them, because I was raised from sites where the moderators suspend members who joke around like that.

Uhh......

...Raised...?

Can you give a little more....detail, please Mr.Animefan?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Oh yes, when I was 12 years old, I signed on to a forum site called "www.advancedanime.com". It was my first forum site ever. And on my first few days, I acted just as mello, and joked around just as much as the other members here at RMRK do. I was banned for that, and had to plead my way back into having my membership again, promising to act more seriously. From that day forward, I had to watch what I said, for fear that a moderator would ban me. At the age of 12, I was impressionable enough to assume that other forum sites were like that. That's what I had believed when I got here.

I used the term "raised", because it was the first forum site I went to, that taught me to take things seriously, and rely on authority when others don't.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Excuse me for being late... But I simply cannot understand what just happened, I was assaulted on my way here!

And good sir...It would be in your best interest to ask what ANIMEFAN was thinking when he hired those goons after me!

I am ready to attend jury duty.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Oh yes, when I was 12 years old, I signed on to a forum site called "www.advancedanime.com". It was my first forum site ever. And on my first few days, I acted just as mello, and joked around just as much as the other members here at RMRK do. I was banned for that, and had to plead my way back into having my membership again, promising to act more seriously. From that day forward, I had to watch what I said, for fear that a moderator would ban me. At the age of 12, I was impressionable enough to assume that other forum sites were like that. That's what I had believed when I got here.

I used the term "raised", because it was the first forum site I went to, that taught me to take things seriously, and rely on authority when others don't.

Mr.Animefan, I couldn't help notice that huge hole in that statement.

You said you were raised to be more weary of what you say, but you also said that you used to joke around like members do on RMRK. That has actually confused me a little.

Here is what you said earlier:

Quote from: Animefan's past testimony
My reactions were divided based on what I knew at the time vs. what I know now. My original reactions from the earliest insults were reactions of anger and dissappointment. That went on and off as I slowly learned that I wasn't supposed to take stuff like that seriously. In present day, my reactions are typically ones of laughter or at least a smile, unless I am seeking a serious answer in the topic I started.

What I don't understand is, that you you didn't realise that we joke in this forum until awhile afterwards. This makes me believe that you never used to joke around on your last forum.

So Mr.Animefan.....

WHY DIDN'T YOU REALISE SOONER?
It is very logical that you would have done it for the first day, but not several weeks.
What is your explanation for that?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
umm, I'd like to say that this website isn't for over-sensitive pillow biters. I rest my case.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Uh, you misread it. What I was saying was that I BEGAN by joking just like members of RMRK do. I had no idea that RMRK members joked like that at the time. I just made a comparison to what I know NOW.

And when I joked on that website, I got banned for it. So I stopped joking.

Then when I got here, I thought these guys were breaking rules by joking, so I got mad at them for it.

The comparison I made was based off of what I know NOW.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Then when I got here, I thought these guys were breaking rules by joking, so I got mad at them for it.

But didn't you say that you got mad when moderators joined in? If I remember correctly, the admin also joked with them.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I did get mad when the moderators joined in. I was quite afraid to voice it though, because they have the power to ban me.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I did get mad when the moderators joined in. I was quite afraid to voice it though, because they have the power to ban me.

So you was afraid to voice it?

But you got angry at the mods and even posted death threats, it doesn't seem that you was afraid to voice your opinion. So was you really afraid of the mods and admin?

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
After a while my anger overthrew my fear, and i finally snapped.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

oh I hate it when I do that...sometimes I end up killing people....

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
After a while my anger overthrew my fear, and i finally snapped.

"snapped"? May I have a little more detail please?

oh I hate it when I do that...sometimes I end up killing people....

(I can't believe he actually said that out loud in court, after being in prison before too)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

um....err.....the...the trial's not about me...is it?
c..cc..can we focus on the...t.trial at hand?

....I need to call..m..my..m.m.manager....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 09:20:32 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Well, when the moderators decided to make fun of me like the others, I was slowly losing my faith in authority, until I was mad enough that I let go of my fear and started displaying my anger and disapproval towards the moderators.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Anyone who sees past the gag can realize that Tezuka isn't making much of a point at all <_<

Just get on with it, dudes.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Anyone who sees past the gag can realize that Tezuka isn't making much of a point at all <_<

Just get on with it, dudes.

well that wasnt' very nice of you, he's gathering information to protect RMRK's credibility
'sides I'm just waiting here...

oh I've got a call

hello sir?
friday?
I 'm not sure....well I've got this trial thing...

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Well, when the moderators decided to make fun of me like the others, I was slowly losing my faith in authority, until I was mad enough that I let go of my fear and started displaying my anger and disapproval towards the moderators.

Mr.Animefan, please do not go in circles with your testimony.

I need a bit more information again about your statement, "I was slowly losing faith in authority", a bit more detail on this please.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I was losing faith in authority, because they seemed to not care that people were making fun of me. Such as when I complained about biohazard.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"

Guh, there is no hole in his statement.

I would like to call a witness, NAMKCOR.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Wait, so when do we decide if he's innocent or whatever?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

aww...no reception anymore....wonder what happened.....

oh, you need me now?