RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Holy hell, I love these movies, for some reason they are just different from any other anime movie. It had something different, say for example; Hayao Miyazaki's drawing style where is used the basic "anime style" on some characters and on other characters he just went crazy and made them look very surreal and different.

Not only this, but the stories were awesome and what you can call "magical".

What are your thoughts on these movies and have you ever seen them?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 06:32:19 PM by Tezuka »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle, but I've seen Spirited Away. I liked that one. My favorite character in Spirited Away was Kamajii.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I saw Spirited Away before. It's a very good movie indeed.

Rep:
Level 86
Looks at avatar..... me to

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I've seen Howl's Moving Castle once, and I really like how the character moves and the syle of drawing.
It's different.  :)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
To show my love for spirited away, I'm going to get a Kamajii avy.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Im in the middle of watching howl's moving castle, and i will also download spirited away.

Edit: Ok finished, that was awesome, im gonna download spirited away now :3
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 02:01:37 PM by link_999 »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
First I saw Howl's, and I thought it was alright. But then I saw Spirited Away, and it was EPIC. Much more imaginative than Howls, by far.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
But then I saw Spirited Away, and it was EPIC. Much more imaginative than Howls, by far.

I agree that Spirited Away was much more imaginative.

I bought Howl's and SA on DVD today, because of how awesome they are. I hope Hayao Miyazaki creates more surreal stories, because just....Wow.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I love Hayao Miyazaki's works.  :)  Spirited Away was my favorite.  I have also seen Kiki's Delivery Service, Castle In The Sky, and Princess Mononoke...  I haven't seen Howl's Moving Castle, though.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I was just thinking that the drawing style reminds me of a game, and guess what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Cocoon

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
The whole (well, with a couple of exceptions which I thin are on purpose), all of Studio Ghibli is beautifully drawn. Howl's Moving Castle is my favourite, Spirited Away is kinda a close sixth in favourite anime movies. I've watched it it so many times that it's boring if I do it too often. Poor sucker here actually BUYS dvds though ¬_¬

Good choices in fave films. I can only reccomend Steamboy and Pokemon: The First Movie.
"Your STFU Fails"
"Crap, can I make a saving LOL?"

Rep:
Level 86
OMG, Howls moving castle is soooo good, I watched it and I was completly hooked all the way through. It's so imaginative  ;8

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I love them~ I have both on DVD that I can watch in the car. ;D

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol i pit howls moving castle on my phone x3