RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The catholic church and the quiet revolution

pokeball DonOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Hey guys, i have to write an essay on "The catholic church and the quiet revolution" for history class. Im so stuck cause i cant figure out what my thesis could be. If anyone would help me out, that would be great.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You have to plot out your essay before you come to your thesis. So, we need to know the plan for your essay before we can help you with your thesis.

pokeball DonOffline
You have to plot out your essay before you come to your thesis. So, we need to know the plan for your essay before we can help you with your thesis.

what do you mean plot my essay? like controling ideas? i think my problem is that i dont know what to argue or what to base my essay on from the topic given.

Rep:
Level 87
Things we fear the most have already happened 2 us
Well,,here are some suggestions

1) WHY did the catholic church do what it did?  You could form your thesis around that question,,and then try to defend your opinion.

2) WHAT could have the church done differently during the revolution.  Use the COULD-HAVE-BEEN argument.  Support your ideas.

3) HOW did the revolution benefit the church.  Was it actually a benefit/fair trade-off?  Find three to five biggest changes that happened in the catholic community and explore them.  Provide plenty of examples.

Hope that helps,,good luck,,
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 05:17:07 AM by djkdjl »
"If u'r about to die,,then think of how good ur life has treated u up to this point.  On the
other hand,,if life hasn't treated u good up to this point,,then take joy in the fact that
it's not going to bother u for much longer."

pokeball DonOffline
Basicaly what happend was the church lost great amounts of power.....

Thats all i know about this damn topic!  :mad: and all sites talk about what happened rather why and what was the outcome/benefits 

ahh i need to shoot my self

pokeball DonOffline
how is this for a thesis :

"The quiet revolution of the catholic church was one of Canada’s greatest advances; politically as it was the end of the churches immense control, socially as it ceased discrimination towards other religions, and lastly economically, establishing a multicultural society that Canada is known for today."

Please fix any grammar errors you may see :)