RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Escon The Mage: Sword of the Ancients

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"

Story
Spoiler for:

Escon Shadow.

After Roy's bestfriends are kidnapped by a mysterious demon, Roy travels to Marin village by following the Demon's tracks. There he blacks out by the fortress door. In the back of the Village, when he awakens he is in a cell, he finds everyone locked up in the bottom of the fortress he finds a Rusted Sword , He takes it and frees everyone and encounters the Demon were he pierces it's heart and returns home.

A night later he hears a voice saying, You have sealed your fate in bloodshed, prepare for the fight of your life"

Characters

Spoiler for:

Escon
Race: Mortal - Human
Biography: *Not Decided*

Minor Roled Characters -
Draco
Biography: Nothing is known except that there is a possibility he works for Reks and He is a Legendary Swordsman.

Clary
Biography: Jack's Lover.She was suppose to kill Reks but instead changed her mind, Jack tells Alexis
that Reks kills Clary after she seals away something dear to him.Her grave is hidden somewhere on Elvira.

Villains -

Reks
Biography: The main Villain

Reveants -
Biography: Magical Creatures, not much is actually known on them except that there only weakness is a hidden relic supposedly hidden in the crushing water pressure of the Demu-Rusk Ocean.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:

Game System

Old Version of Dew Village.

Roy knowing he was tricked.

Roy's Hunting Ground.
Scripts

Spoiler for:
By putting scripts used here i'm deifitnley Crediting you for making the scripts.

Season of the Abyss - Letter By Letter

Other Information

Spoiler for:
Iam using RpgMakerXP to make this game.

About the settings -
This game takes place on a planet i made up, its called Elvira all sorts of mystical creatures alrealdy known and i've made up will live here so be on your toes.
Elvira is a rotting world at the moment some belive its due to the dark magic spreading over the world the planet has a different time system then us in real life. They have some religion but it is not widely accepted due to the planet being killed slowly.

Credits -

Spoiler for:

Season of Abyss - Message Window

Demo/Game Progress:
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 06:28:32 PM by Ruzu »
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Good luck with your project.
Remember to stay on track.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Yeah, Thanks for the Good Luck. I plan on staying on track too, so far everything is going nicely.

Well for the Updates anyway.

Added Some new screenshots, A tome and History that will have a major affect in the game, and i shown one of the early mini games you do at the beginning. The mini game was a test try at making better ones so don't expect the bunny mini-game plenty fun its gonna be hard to see them in the snow.

I also re-written the story to fit how the game is turning out, Now athurn will not survive the Reveant first attack and you will not be exiled the same day Phaia joins the team.

Also i changed some of the character's occupations and biography.

Hopefully these changes are for the better and not the worse.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I hate to say it, but your mapping needs some serious hardcore work.  ;9
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Yeah, i noticed the mapping needs help. I'm guessing mapping is the hardest thing to do in a game, well for me anyway. I'll get right on making the map more uh less empty or have more Npc(s) and stuff. whatever is needed to. make it better.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
nature should be more random that you have it
trees in a perfect line?
square water?

try to vary it up a bit, adn add more of the detail tiles

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Updates -

New Title :D
New Screenshots
New Characters
New Story
More Credits

I feel this was a bit better then what i have posted, and i feel the villages and northen post have been varried alot more then i have ever done.

Again Comments are very much appreciated thanks.

Rep:
Level 86
trees in a perfect line?
square water?

I don't see the trees in a perfect line...

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
trees in a perfect line?
square water?

I don't see the trees in a perfect line...

That was in my old version with Trees Surronding one farm house.
I deleted that Screenshot, i can show you if you want.

Rep:
Level 86
oh. I see.

No, you're okay.

Good job on the game!

Looks Bril!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Keep going.
Looks good so far. :)
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Whoa! First Positive comments iam happier now. Thanks for them.

Well Anyway i noticied that i didn't have anything telling that my Game would be like "Teens" through "Mature" content so basically

New Screenshot - In the fortress
Spoiler for:

I would though like what people would think that room itself would conclude as, T or M.

Ah i think i should show that, Roy's clothing has been changed to fit his Face/Battle.
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 12:33:05 AM by Ruzu »

Rep:
Level 86
The same thing we do evernight
It looks good to me. By the way where can I get or use RPG Maker Face Creator? I know oe time I found a site where you could make XP character sets, but when I got a new computer I couldn't find that site anymore and been searching when I get the chance to.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
It looks good to me. By the way where can I get or use RPG Maker Face Creator? I know oe time I found a site where you could make XP character sets, but when I got a new computer I couldn't find that site anymore and been searching when I get the chance to.

Well i belive this is it -  http://www.creationasylum.net/index.php?showtopic=14375&view=findpost&p=158941
I would google it in Images, because the web searches bring up random crap not needed.
The one i got is a bit different but this one i had favored so i hope it helps you with your needs.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Still, I think you need to work more on your mapping. It's just not good enought.

You can try some of these tutorials.

Zhuge Liangs Mapping Tutorials
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19429.0.html

Falcon's Exterior Mapping Tutorials
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9769.0.html

Falcon's Interior Mapping Tutorials
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9117.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
The same thing we do evernight
That helped, thanks.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I'm glad it helped.

Also Zhuge Liang i use those Tutorials, maybe not as good i could though.
but can you tell me what you think is off about my mapping it would help alot.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well Progress is painfully slow thanks to school and all that other stuff.(Like Lazyness lol)

Some new screen shots

Old Version of Dew Village.

Note: The Village is now Called Dew Village, and that the village will look different when i'm done with it.

Other Updates - Demo News [Hopefully at the end of november] More information at the bottom of the Main Post(Very Top)
Story has been updated for you won't feel overwelmed by the Information.
Characters have Last Names now, and some characters (Roy for example) has there Biography changed again.
Also in "Other Information" there is something on the Settings (Planet Elvira).

Also Sorry for double posting but i wanted people to i had updates.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Notes:
World Map still looks horrible, i'm working on the tileset still.
the last two areas of the demo need to be re-worked even though they aren't important.

The Link:
Spoiler for:
Yeah, i found an error in the game so i'm fixing it now
(Also at the bottom of the main post)

I'm guessing besides mapping i need some work on the Dialogue and Interface.
If you think so please tell me how and, or a better to put for my poor typing grammar.

Also this Demo is a Pratice Demo, so it might be around 10 - 12 minutes long depending on how hard it is for you to notice stuff, your exploration, and luck.

So, (Forgive me Triple Posting, but i think this was needed or you wouldn't guess i had a pratice demo out).
P.S.

This is suspended until Further notice after, i finish working on "Escon Dark Chapter I"
Until then, adios.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:27:48 AM by Ruzu »