RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Super Mario Galaxy

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Attention Mario fans, get ready for the most fun you've had since Super Mario 64. Mario gears up for his biggest adventure yet. The princess is in trouble once again, and this time Mario faces one huge obstacle that stands in his way from rescuing the Peach. That obstacle is (you guessed it) Space.

Release Date: November 12th, 2007 (US)
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Genre: Action-Platformer
Rating: Everyone
Players: 1-2

Wikipedia: Gameplay
Most of the game is set in outer space along a vast chain of miniature planetoids and other space matter. Mario is capable of jumping or launching from planet to planet in order to gather items and defeat enemies.

Gravity plays a significant role in the game, as each planet has a gravitational force that prevents Mario from drifting off into space, which allows the player to effortlessly circumnavigate rounded objects. The varying degrees of gravity also have an effect on Mario's ability to jump, and is used to pull Mario towards certain planetoids while in mid-flight. Like previous 3D Mario games, the main objective is to collect Stars, which are awarded by completing tasks or defeating enemies. The game will have six themed areas, 40 galaxies, and 120 stars to collect.

As in every 3D Mario game, Mario’s health consists of a power meter, which causes Mario to lose a life if it reaches zero. When the game starts, Mario begins with a power meter made of three sections. Mario has a second and separate health meter that designates his air supply when swimming underwater; if it is empty Mario will drown. The bottomless pits featured in previous Mario games which cause Mario to lose a life when fallen in have been replaced by black holes, which are stationed beneath the surfaces of certain planets and peppered throughout space.

Wikipedia: Mario's Moves
Like recent 3D Mario games, Mario has a range of jumping abilities, such as his trademark triple jump and his wall jump ability. He can also perform flips by immediately turning the other way and jumping, and do a ground-pound move to smash breakable objects or enemies below. Some of the moves that were absent in Super Mario Sunshine have returned for this installment, such as the long jump. New to this game appears to be the ability to charge up a high backflip, serving as a combination of the high jump ability in Super Mario Bros. 2 and from Super Mario 64. Mario's melee move is a spin and it allows him to attack enemies, break glass objects and activate large stars that shoot him across the galaxy. The Wii Remote also comes into play to collect star shards, aim and fire them at enemies, and also activate capture stars that pull Mario between planets.

Wikipedia: Multiplayer
During an interview with IGN, Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo's analysis and development's general manager, stated that multiplayer for Super Mario Galaxy is likely to be co-operative. Two-player functionality was already confirmed for the game. The development team is experimenting with new ways to use the Wii Remote so that one player can control Mario while the other aids him. Conversely, Shigeru Miyamoto also suggested that the second player could have the ability to interfere with Mario's progress. However, during Nintendo's E3 2007 press conference, one person mentioned helping another by collecting items through pointing on the screen, suggesting that a co-operative mode has permanently been implemented in the game. Nintendo's E3 2007 information page for Super Mario Galaxy reveals that two-player will operate as follows: one person controls Mario and a pointer, while the other, using a second Wii Remote, will control another pointer.

Wikipedia: Plot (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)
Every hundred years a comet passes over the Mushroom Kingdom and rains down stars and stardust, and as Princess Peach and the citizens of the kingdom are celebrating the centennial event, Bowser and his legions attack by launching asteroids at the Mushroom Kingdom and crystallizing the Toads. Knowing that Bowser is after Princess Peach, Mario runs to save her. Things go awry as Bowser summons a massive spaceship which abducts Peach's entire castle. As Mario hangs on to the castle, Kamek the Magikoopa hits him with a magical attack sending him far away. The next thing he knows, he finds himself on a mysterious moon high above the Mushroom Kingdom.

Also, screenshots in an issue of the Japanese video game magazine Famitsu show a new female character, Princess Rosetta. She is a Watcher of the Stars who aids Mario on his quest to find her friend, the Grand Star, in addition to Princess Peach.

Content
Videos - Screenshots
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:30:30 PM by Irock »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Then why do you have a sonic avy? traitor.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Wii.....
 :'(
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
The storyline itself is worthy of a purchase :V
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The storyline itself is worthy of a purchase :V
You must not enjoy Mario games. Anyone with half a brain knows that Mario games aren't about the plot, it's about the gameplay. Super Mario Galaxy has revolutionary gameplay, as you shoot from planetoid to asteroid to moon to massive planet, and explore different galaxies in challenging, but fun levels, as you collect the stars, face deadly enemies, and have tons of freedom to explorer.

Read the IGN reviews.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
arrggg death by LARGE font size

kinda reminds me of what spore is gonna be like.

i do hope they release a pc version
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 09:30:39 PM by ahref »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
If you pre-order it from Target (I don't know about any other places) you get a special Mario coin!

But I doubt I'll pre-order it, as nice as that special coin sounds....maybe I can convince my parents to let me! :)

EDIT:

Yeah, Skank, anyone with half a brain knows that Mario's gameplay is one million times better than anything else...and that the story is pretty lame.

Rep:
Level 102
If you pre-order it from Target (I don't know about any other places) you get a special Mario coin!

But I doubt I'll pre-order it, as nice as that special coin sounds....maybe I can convince my parents to let me! :)
Oh really? I need to do that then.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Oh really? I need to do that then.

Yeah....

Rep:
Level 86
-No-

This kind of post only incites flames. Furthermore, its the same damn flames and flamers every single time. If I have to here about the same stupid crap one more time so help my position I will lock every console specific topic in this forum if I feel it to be necessary.

Arrow-1
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:05:58 AM by Arrow-1 »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Good job arrow

Anyways, I played a demo today, I wasn't originally going to purchase the game but now...

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I heard you could torrent find it on the ground for free, on the internet.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 86
cant express my own views thats fine.
game looks great for a wii tittle graphics makes me think the wii is a good grapical system that can give the ps3 and 360 a run for its money

Rep:
Level 102
cant express my own views thats fine.
game looks great for a wii tittle graphics makes me think the wii is a good grapical system that can give the ps3 and 360 a run for its money
Due to constant flaming and console wars, you can't bash a company or console. It just leads to flaming, and it gets old.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Out of all the forms he can take, the one I want to try most is the Fire Mario.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I wonder what the bee can do? Can he like swim under water? Or dig holes?

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
BEES? IN MY SWIMMING POOL?

gtfo.

Ugh if there's one thing I hate, its bees in a swimming pool. They're always angry because they're wet and surrounded by people, so I have to duck under the water to keep from getting stung.

Wasps are even worse, because they wait for you to resurface.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

gtfo.

Ugh if there's one thing I hate, its bees in a swimming pool. They're always angry because they're wet and surrounded by people, so I have to duck under the water to keep from getting stung.

Those bastards, but yeah, i mean with teh racoon suit you could fly, so like with the bee suit, can you dig holes?

Rep:
Level 96

gtfo.

Those bastards, but yeah, i mean with teh racoon suit you could fly, so like with the bee suit, can you dig holes?

No, he can't swim. If Mario touches water while in the bee form, he loses the bee form. The powers he has is, flying and he can walk on flower that normal Mario would crush.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25851.html

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I LOVE NINTENDO!!!  WHEEEEEEEEEE!!

MARIO IS BETTER THAN ANYONE, AND IF YOU DISAGREE, I'LL EDIT YOUR POST BECAUSE THATS WHAT NINTENDO FANBOYS DOOOOOOOOOOOO! I ALSO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FOR ENJOYING STORIES IN VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!

This game looks pretty sick though.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

gtfo.

I'm allergic to wasp bites, and I'm allergic to WASPs in close proximity.

I wish the tanooki suit would be in a 3D mario game.

MARIO IS BETTER THAN ANYONE, AND IF YOU DISAGREE, I'LL EDIT YOUR POST BECAUSE THATS WHAT NINTENDO FANBOYS DOOOOOOOOOOOO! I ALSO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE FOR ENJOYING STORIES IN VIDEO GAMES!!!!!!!

WOW, I totally agree.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Isn't it out today or tommorow?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

This game looks pretty sick though.

I did it because he broke the no-console-flaming rule. :P I'd have done it in a final fantasy or a halo topic as well and just as quickly.