RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
When is bumping acceptable?

Rep:
Level 86
Purukogi... Purukogi... Purukogi...
I'm wanting to know when it's alright to bump a topic and when it's not alright.

Like if there haven't been posts for weeks in your topic, but it's still not resolved or anything, would it be alright to bump the topic? Or should it stay dead? If it should stay dead, is it alright to make a new topic about it?

Thanks.

If this is in the wrong place, please move it.
Insert witty and hilarious quote here.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'd say at least a patient 24 hours before bump is alright with me. Also yeah, bump is better than starting another topic. Also make sure during the wait period you look around the forums (and at large the internet) and see if you can find it solved elsewhere.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The rules are indeed that you must wait 24 hours before bumping your topic. However, it's not an overly strict rule. If you bump it after 21 hours instead of 24, no one will be on your case. Just don't be dumb about it and bump it every hour.

Rep:
Level 86
Purukogi... Purukogi... Purukogi...
Yeah, but I mean, how about bumping it after like... 24 days? Should it stay dead or is a bump acceptable?
Insert witty and hilarious quote here.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I guess it depends on the topic and if you're just posting

:bump:

or if you're posting some actual content

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Things like my smiley thread. It's dead right now but if I get bored I give it a bump. It probably hasn't been posted in for at least a month by now.

It all depends on the thread I suppose.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:24:18 AM by Lominisio »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Yeah, but I mean, how about bumping it after like... 24 days? Should it stay dead or is a bump acceptable?

It's relative to the post you make and the thread you post it in. Usually, posts with any kind of contributive value aren't an issue if the thread is bumped. In addition, bumping your own topic after 24 days is perfectly acceptable, provided no one has responded to it or the problem at hand hasn't been resolved.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yeah, as zypher said.

Also don't give a rats ass about the people saying "don't revive a dead topic" ;o
Better one topic bummped then 1000 new topics every few days.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

House of Nostalgia
Rep:
Level 87
You loved it.
When you are dancing to the song "Do the Bump"