RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy 7

Poll

Should square enix remake FF7?

yes
13 (46.4%)
no
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Is this topic going to fall into a Wii fanboy topic?  ;9
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 89
Is this topic going to fall into a Wii fanboy topic?  ;9
NEVER

They really need a remake and not a spin-off because spin-offs suck and is just a way of making money to make another movie. Admit it, when you were watching FF7: AC you felt like watching a DBZ except better graphics better story and none of the character are gay[except cloud and sephiroth]. Oh yeah, another why they should have a remake because theres a lot of scenes that would look kick ass. All the do is add some more optional bosses[ultima weapon{he is in every remake}]. It would sell well and be worth keeping.

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
WII FANBOY FF7 SUCKS I LOVE HALO ROFL LOLOLOLOL

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Chrono Trigger is the best RPG ever made, and followed by Seiken Densetsu 3.

The Wii could be the best RPG gaming console of all time.  Think about it, havok physics engine, oblivion styled gameplay, but you attack by swinging the WiiMote, each weapon would have different attack styles, and based on your level and how hard and fast (and what angle) you swing the remote at, it adds up to an equasion of what damage you hit.

Agreed.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
The Wii could be the best RPG gaming console of all time.  Think about it, havok physics engine, oblivion styled gameplay, but you attack by swinging the WiiMote, each weapon would have different attack styles, and based on your level and how hard and fast (and what angle) you swing the remote at, it adds up to an equasion of what damage you hit.

Yeah, I dunno about you, but I tend to, like, relax and play video games. Lie on my bed with my DualShock or WaveBird in my hands, and play games normally. To do your scenario, I'd have to be sat up properly all of the time, not be under a blanket or anything, and only be able to play in short spurts, as I have to swing this stick as hard as I can over and over again to beat the other players? No thankyou.

Anyway, this topic is about FF7 :/ I guess they could try and do some motion detection with the sixaxxis thingie, though I doubt (and hope) they would(n't).

Also, to quite a few posts here, what? You remember the definition of "re-make", right?

I would totally love to play through FF7 again but with the wold re-made in 3d, music re-made, etc :/

[edit] J/K I HATED FF7 BEFORE IT WAS COOL TO HATE IT
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
To butt in on this, I was/am/dc completely neutral about FF7. Remakes like, Tomb Raider Anniversary are good ones since there was a LONG time period between those games. However, when Square decided to remake FF 1, 2 ,4, 5 and 6 on GBA (When shortly before that they were released on the PSX) I couldn't help but think oh my god what a bunch of idiots. I can't remember the release date of FF7 but a remake would certainly not kill anyone. If you don't like it, don't buy it, don't even care to read shit about it.

However, I kinda hope they wouldn't remake it on PS3 :( expensive...
:taco: :taco: :taco:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Yeah, I dunno about you, but I tend to, like, relax and play video games. Lie on my bed with my DualShock or WaveBird in my hands, and play games normally. To do your scenario, I'd have to be sat up properly all of the time, not be under a blanket or anything, and only be able to play in short spurts, as I have to swing this stick as hard as I can over and over again to beat the other players? No thankyou.

Anyway, this topic is about FF7 :/ I guess they could try and do some motion detection with the sixaxxis thingie, though I doubt (and hope) they would(n't).

Also, to quite a few posts here, what? You remember the definition of "re-make", right?

I would totally love to play through FF7 again but with the wold re-made in 3d, music re-made, etc :/

[edit] J/K I HATED FF7 BEFORE IT WAS COOL TO HATE IT

Not all Wii games have you swinging the wiimote. For most games you just hold it like a Nes controller, and play it like that.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Guys heard of Last Remnant? They said it is suppose to revolutionize the RPG gaming aspect. I hope it does well.

Rep:
Level 86
I'm quite excited about Lost Odyssey if that comes out within the next half year that would be super....

FF13's are going to be hardcore, also stoked to play that...Im going to try to sell one of my kidneys to get a PS3......

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Lost Oddessy seems gay, the main buy looks too asian.

Rep:
Level 98
Lost Oddessy seems gay, the main buy looks too asian.

:lock:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
ONERAY, STOP FAILING.